SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 11:10 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 10:13 am by barrowmackem

» League Table Week 11
Today at 10:07 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Well done Stadium of Light

Go down

Well done Stadium of Light

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 6:37 am

HOMELESS PROVISION UPDATE****
Just heard Stadium of Light is opening a room from 6pm tonight till 9am Monday morning access via Exit 2 and caters for people with disabilities.
It can hold 10-12 people at anyone time and will be manned by stewards and providing hot drinks and food [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=0]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47132
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-02, 9:19 am

cyprussyd wrote:HOMELESS PROVISION UPDATE****
[size=12]Just heard Stadium of Light is opening a room from 6pm tonight till 9am Monday morning access via Exit 2 and caters for people with disabilities.
It can hold 10-12 people at anyone time and will be manned by stewards and providing hot drinks and food [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=0]

like
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7271
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Kipper on 2018-03-02, 9:56 am

like
avatar
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-02, 11:29 am

Well done. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to be sleeping rough in this weather. Bless them all.
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9435
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-02, 5:19 pm

More on this story from the Guardian

Sunderland offer homeless people shelter from freeze in ‘warm room’

• Club offers hot food and places to sleep at Stadium of Light
• North-east hit hard by UK’s brutal weather
Louise Taylor
Fri 2 Mar 2018 14.56 GMT   Last modified on Fri 2 Mar 2018 15.47 GMT  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sunderland’s ‘warm room’ can accommodate 12 people as well as pets. Photograph: Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images  

Sunderland turned a usually quiet corner of the Stadium of Light into a temporary shelter for homeless people on Friday.
Acutely conscious that the north-east remains one of the areas worst affected by the extreme weather, club staff have created a special “warm room” in the ground’s south-west corner. It can accommodate up to 12 people and is open to all.
The warm room will offer a steady supply of hot food and drink as well as places to sleep overnight. Pets are also welcome.
With the forecast indicating little sign of a swift end to the freeze, the facility will remain open, and staffed by at least one steward, until 9am on Monday morning. Depending on the conditions, it is possible the arrangement could be extended.

Anyone wishing to make donations of food or clothing for local homeless people is asked to bring them to the main reception area at the Stadium of Light which will be open between 9am and 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.

This manifestation of already strong links between Sunderland and the Wearside community has been made possible because Chris Coleman’s struggling Championship side have a game at Millwall on Saturday.

With the outdoor pitches at Sunderland’s Academy of Light training ground deemed unplayable and its indoor area not ideal for pre-match preparation, the team trained at the Stadium of Light on Friday - but only after club staff cleared a thick blanket of snow off the pitch.
After training the players thanked those who had helped - and who were joined in the snow clearance operation by Coleman and Martin Bain, the chief executive - with gifts of beer, chocolates and sweets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9435
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-02, 6:47 pm

How many players offered to help care for the homeless?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10008
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 6:50 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
No idea, is it a quiz?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47132
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-02, 7:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
No idea, is it a quiz?
No, just a glaring observation that surely they would wouldn't they if they're truly connected to the community. No different to regular team visits here across many codes to hospitals & retirement homes etc.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10008
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 7:48 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
No idea, is it a quiz?
No, just a glaring observation that surely they would wouldn't they if they're truly connected to the community. No different to regular team visits here across many codes to hospitals & retirement homes etc.
Maybe I am just pleased to give some credit to the club rather than look for a stick to hit the players with. I'm not sure how many visits the players do or for that matter how many visits in the community any footballers do of any clubs in the UK.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47132
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-03, 2:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
No idea, is it a quiz?
No, just a glaring observation that surely they would wouldn't they if they're truly connected to the community. No different to regular team visits here across many codes to hospitals & retirement homes etc.
Maybe I am just pleased to give some credit to the club rather than look for a stick to hit the players with. I'm not sure how many visits the players do or for that matter how many visits in the community any footballers do of any clubs in the UK.
I guess that just sums up the change in English society then that I read of many on here bemoaning.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10008
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 8:05 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
No idea, is it a quiz?
No, just a glaring observation that surely they would wouldn't they if they're truly connected to the community. No different to regular team visits here across many codes to hospitals & retirement homes etc.
Maybe I am just pleased to give some credit to the club rather than look for a stick to hit the players with. I'm not sure how many visits the players do or for that matter how many visits in the community any footballers do of any clubs in the UK.
I guess that just sums up the change in English society then that I read of many on here bemoaning.
UK society has been badly hit over many years however  the true UK spirit is on full show right now with communities coming together. Many problems but still a fantastic place to live IMO.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47132
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-03, 8:35 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
Can you say for sure that they have not done anything.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2491
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-03, 9:29 am

vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
Can you say for sure that they have not done anything.
#6  A simple straight forward question I thought which Syd polity answered. 
Do you know something not in the article?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10008
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-03, 9:35 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
Can you say for sure that they have not done anything.
#6  A simple straight forward question I thought which Syd polity answered. 
Do you know something not in the article?
Twas not what you said, more the implication behind it.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2491
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-03, 9:42 am

vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
Can you say for sure that they have not done anything.
#6  A simple straight forward question I thought which Syd polity answered. 
Do you know something not in the article?
Twas not what you said, more the implication behind it.
No, just a simple quest for information from which to form an opinion. Given that there has been no evidence to the contrary, the only logical one in my opinion was subsequently forged.

Your reply is a great example of why this site has many readers & very few posters. Enjoy your day.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10008
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-03, 9:06 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:How many players offered to help care for the homeless?
Can you say for sure that they have not done anything.
#6  A simple straight forward question I thought which Syd polity answered. 
Do you know something not in the article?
Twas not what you said, more the implication behind it.
No, just a simple quest for information from which to form an opinion. Given that there has been no evidence to the contrary, the only logical one in my opinion was subsequently forged.

Your reply is a great example of why this site has many readers & very few posters. Enjoy your day.
Thank you for your parting comment, i have had a nice day. Still cold here around 8" of untouched snow in my garden. Temperature hovering at zero, but we in the north east are used to this sort of weather. Not kept me indoors at all. Still happy with my lot.Going off posts #8 and 10 i get the impression you have a problem with the UK. Thats sad.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2491
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-04, 10:05 am

Another good bit of PR.

Perhaps SAFC are turning a corner and the worst is over. If we survive (and I expect us to stay up) maybe we are beginning another upward curve.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5370
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-04, 1:47 pm

gil t azell wrote:Another good bit of PR.

Perhaps SAFC are turning a corner and the worst is over. If we survive (and I expect us to stay up) maybe we are beginning another upward curve.
like
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9435
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-04, 1:49 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Another good bit of PR.

Perhaps SAFC are turning a corner and the worst is over. If we survive (and I expect us to stay up) maybe we are beginning another upward curve.
like
to be fair we have been supporting an unemployed homeless person for some time

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47132
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-04, 5:11 pm

'It's horrible. I just want to know what I've done wrong.'


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Arsenal star Ainsley Maitland-Niles' homeless mother is sleeping in a freezing CRATE
DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47132
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Stadium of Light

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum