SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 9:53 am by Panther

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 9:41 am by oldblackcat

» N'Dong
Today at 9:32 am by oldblackcat

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The future

Go down

The future

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-28, 4:49 pm

Sunderland’s fight against relegation rumbles on and it’s safe to assume things are going to go to the wire this season.
The Black Cats showed some fight at the weekend against Middlesbrough but they need wins more than draws right now and that is what they need to earn more of in the coming weeks.
If they can get safe this season, though, the club does have a clutch of decent young players that could lead them to a brighter future from the Championship onwards next season.
Indeed, the likes of Joel Asoro, Josh Maja and George Honeyman have been joined with some good young players on loan for the rest of the campaign and if they can stay up maybe the club might be just able to build.
Certainly, that appears to be Chris Coleman’s plan with him saying as such via the club’s official website:
“We just have to make sure we get through it the best we can with these players, but there’s a nucleus there of a good team with good young players who are going to get better and better.”

The Verdict
Sunderland do have some good young players and this tough season will surely make them mentally more resilient in the years to come.
If they stay up, then, it’ll serve them well but, if they go down, they are going to be up against it in terms of keeping hold of the brighter prospects.

Yes, a lot hinges on staying up, and more chance of a new owner if that is the case. Hopefully we will be able to keep hold of the decent young players for a bit. I think Watmore's got a while on his contract yet as well and would hope he won't be jumping ship.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: The future

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-28, 5:36 pm

Well I am genuinely torn on the future but the two things I believe we must ensure are, keep Coleman and find that elusive new owner.

Stay up and I think we will still struggle to keep Asoro and my best hope would be he is sold to a top, top club who would loan him back for next season.

Go down and I think we will struggle to keep many of the kids but hopefully we will keep enough. Division one should mean we can find a better clutch of players,lower price tags and wages, and can really start to rebuild.

But stay up or go down and a few positions badly need sorting starting with a goalkeeper. At CB we have Kone who surely will move on, OShea who must be in his last year and two players on loan.

Midfield should be OK but we badly need that big battering ram striker.

Whatever the future holds seat 432, upper tier, East Stand section 8 will have me in it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum