SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

BBC ADVICE

Go down

BBC ADVICE

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-28, 7:30 am

Because of the bad weather the BBC are advising people to check on elderly neighbours and if possible take a hot meal.

Could anyone in the Coxhoe area please bring 2 roast beef dinners, jam sponge and custard and a bottle of white please.

Don't just turn up, give us warning and time expected please.

Thank you.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BBC ADVICE

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-28, 8:32 am

cyprussyd wrote:Because of the bad weather the BBC are advising people to check on elderly neighbours and if possible take a hot meal.

Could anyone in the Coxhoe area please bring 2 roast beef dinners, jam sponge and custard and a bottle of white please.

Thank you.
I would have said do you want jam on it, but you have included it. tongue .

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-28, 8:36 am

cyprussyd wrote:Because of the bad weather the BBC are advising people to check on elderly neighbours and if possible take a hot meal.

Thank you.

Not sure if my ski sledge will get that far 

Grandson school is closed so we have him all day

Want to take him sledging and build a snowman?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-28, 8:52 am

sunderpitt wrote:

Thank you.

Not sure if my ski sledge will get that far 

Grandson school is closed so we have him all day

Want to take him sledging and build a snowman?
Well I will not be going out today, hate the snow

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-28, 11:46 am

That made me smile. I like snow but only looking at it from indoors, in front of a nice warm stove. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-28, 12:09 pm

Hieronymus wrote:That made me smile. I like snow but only looking at it from indoors, in front of a nice warm stove. Very Happy

Well I have had to empty a bin, clear snow from the front of hous..son took grandson sledging.. the little granddaughter is fill of cold so kept in doors..perhaps 10 mins outside later if Sun shines a bit of vitamin D? SYD needs some urgently.

Gas fire is on in one room, stove on another and central heating for elsewere. 

For some reason golf not possible today
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-28, 12:45 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:That made me smile. I like snow but only looking at it from indoors, in front of a nice warm stove. Very Happy

Well I have had to empty a bin, clear snow from the front of hous..son took grandson sledging.. the little granddaughter is fill of cold so kept in doors..perhaps 10 mins outside later if Sun shines a bit of vitamin D? SYD needs some urgently.

Gas fire is on in one room, stove on another and central heating for elsewere. 

For some reason golf not possible today

Haven't you got orange balls?

Embarassed

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-03-02, 8:50 pm

Thank you.
I'd be happy to fill the order but the road is blocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 9:23 pm

lesmac wrote:

Thank you.
I'd be happy to fill the order but the road is blocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Well I knew you would be blocked in

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-03, 8:43 am

In these snowbound difficult times I popped next door to see if 83 year-old Vera needed anything from the shop.
She said she did, so I gave her my list.

No point in both of us going out in this weather.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-03, 10:12 am

gil t azell wrote:In these snowbound difficult times I popped next door to see if 83 year-old Vera needed anything from the shop.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-04, 10:43 pm

gil t azell wrote:In these snowbound difficult times I popped next door to see if 83 year-old Vera needed anything from the shop.

like  Very good.

But on a serious note people should look out more for others when their able to....I mow the two small front lawns of two elderly couples in their eighties a few doors up the road from me when I do mine with the only downside being it forces me to do mine even when I'd rather let them go for another week or two or....  Crying or Very sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-06, 12:49 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

like  Very good.

But on a serious note people should look out more for others when their able to....I mow the two small front lawns of two elderly couples in their eighties a few doors up the road from me when I do mine with the only downside being it forces me to do mine even when I'd rather let them go for another week or two or....  Crying or Very sad
Problem is round here it's ALL retired people so its old people looking out for even older people Laughing

But we have had a magnificent local response to people being stranded and roads being closed for days. People with 4x4s taking doctors and nurses to work - fetching medication - shopping for supplies because local shops ran out. Farmers clearing the roads with their tractors and hauling cars out of ditches. Local cleaning company went round and checked on all their elderly customers and cleared snow from their paths for free. Was great and mindful of how communities were when I was young. Really proud to be a Northumbrian these last few days Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-06, 2:37 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

like  Very good.

Problem is round here it's ALL retired people so its old people looking out for even older people Laughing

But we have had a magnificent local response to people being stranded and roads being closed for days. People with 4x4s taking doctors and nurses to work - fetching medication - shopping for supplies because local shops ran out. Farmers clearing the roads with their tractors and hauling cars out of ditches. Local cleaning company went round and checked on all their elderly customers and cleared snow from their paths for free. Was great and mindful of how communities were when I was young. Really proud to be a Northumbrian these last few days Very Happy

Lovely reading about that.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-06, 7:32 am

Nostalgic wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

like  Very good.

Lovely reading about that.  I love you I love you I love you

Sure is truly heartening to read that the spirits not lacking....even if the bodies struggling.  More to life than football.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum