SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 10:45 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Looking a bit white outside

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking a bit white outside

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-27, 8:47 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking a bit white outside

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-27, 9:18 am

Only a sprinkling here so far. Was expecting more given they seem to have been forecasting doomsday for last 3 days. But I think we are expected to get more tomorrow. Stay safe and warm everyone.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-27, 9:35 am

Deep in Coxhoe

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-02-27, 11:54 pm

Enjoy  sunbath

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  scarf67 on 2018-02-28, 10:18 am

i think the midlands is supposed to have it bad today, although no sign of it yet
scarf67

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-28, 11:18 am

Very bad here since yesterday evening. The minor roads from the coast over to the A1 are blocked and A1 is at a standstill in places with many minor accidents and cars and lorries getting stuck. Advice is not to travel at all if possible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Traffic at a standstill on the A1 between Warenford and Ellingham in Northumberland. Picture by Hazel Bettison.

It is a complete white-out outside at minute with heavy snow and hail and can barely see the trees in the field behind my house. My weather station says it's -3 degrees Censius outside and 30mph winds means it feels more like -10. But we're in a well insulated house, with wood burner on, and very cosy indeed. Stay safe everyone.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-28, 10:23 pm

We dealt better with winter conditions years ago, what on earth is coming to our country. Its only a bit of snow. We had this yearly decades ago, now it makes headline news.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-28, 10:30 pm

vinkel wrote:We dealt better with winter conditions years ago, what on earth is coming to our country. Its only a bit of snow. We had this yearly decades ago, now it makes headline news.

I blame Thatcher
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-01, 7:09 am

sunderpitt wrote:
vinkel wrote:We dealt better with winter conditions years ago, what on earth is coming to our country. Its only a bit of snow. We had this yearly decades ago, now it makes headline news.

I blame Thatcher
The blame is clearly down to BREXIT and Short

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-01, 11:10 am

More people lived within walking distance of work and schools years ago. Plus there are far more cars, and far more vans and lorries clogging up the roads, delivering all the stuff people cannot seem to live without these days.

We also had better public services, better bus services, decent road budgets, more ploughs and gritters to keep roads clear. Council budgets don't stretch to cover anything but A roads these days and even then in exceptional weather like this they cannot keep up.

Seahouses is currently completely cut off with all approach roads having massive snow drifts. Local farmers are trying to clear them. If someone has a serious medical emergency there is no way an ambulance could get here. And the nearest A and E is more than an hour's drive away, in good driving conditions. Today it could take hours.

And yes, i do blame Thatcher and all her neo-liberal acolytes since.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-01, 11:26 am

Hieronymus wrote:
More people lived within walking distance of work and schools years ago. Plus there are far more cars, and far more vans and lorries clogging up the roads, delivering all the stuff people cannot seem to live without these days.

We also had better public services, better bus services, decent road budgets, more ploughs and gritters to keep roads clear. Council budgets don't stretch to cover anything but A roads these days and even then in exceptional weather like this they cannot keep up.

Seahouses is currently completely cut off with all approach roads having massive snow drifts. Local farmers are trying to clear them. If someone has a serious medical emergency there is no way an ambulance could get here. And the nearest A and E is more than an hour's drive away, in good driving conditions. Today it could take hours.

And yes, i do blame Thatcher and all her neo-liberal acolytes since.
Translation..

MAJOR
BLAIR
BROWN
CAMERON
MAY

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-03-02, 8:16 am

Similar situation here ,,,,,,, well plenty of 'white' in the air ,,,,, that'll be butterflies on my flowers and fluffy white clouds failing to block out the sun as I sit here 10am in shorts with a coffee and a book watching the glorious day pass me by . 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-02, 8:18 am

finger
cretanmakem wrote:Similar situation here ,,,,,,, well plenty of 'white' in the air ,,,,, that'll be butterflies on my flowers and fluffy white clouds failing to block out the sun as I sit here 10am in shorts with a coffee and a book watching the glorious day pass me by . 

finger
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-03-02, 1:34 pm

cretanmakem wrote:Similar situation here ,,,,,,, well plenty of 'white' in the air ,,,,, that'll be butterflies on my flowers and fluffy white clouds failing to block out the sun as I sit here 10am in shorts with a coffee and a book watching the glorious day pass me by . 

Looks lovely.

How are the mossies?  Wink
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-02, 3:05 pm

sunderpitt wrote:finger

finger
Aye reet up

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-02, 3:08 pm

Seeing the national news, looks like we have been fortunate here, pity we get no help from the council.

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-03-02, 3:29 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:

Looks lovely.

How are the mossies?  Wink
Nay mozzies this time of year ,,,, but a lot of bloody flies ,,,, so inconvenient , I just have to cover my beer to stop em nicking too much .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-03-02, 3:31 pm

vinkel wrote:

finger
Aye reet up
Reet where the sun don't shine ,,,, ooops that'll be England then not Crete ,,,, sunburn weather today lads n lasses.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 4:12 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
vinkel wrote:

finger
Aye reet up
Reet where the sun don't shine ,,,, ooops that'll be England then not Crete ,,,, sunburn weather today lads n lasses.
I love the sun in Cypruss, not at the height of the heat mind but, after 10 days I yearn for the weather back in blighty, 2 weeks is more than enough for me. Mind I dont like the snow but we dont get that much.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-03-03, 8:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
vinkel wrote:

finger
Aye reet up
I love the sun in Cypruss, not at the height of the heat mind but, after 10 days I yearn for the weather back in blighty, 2 weeks is more than enough for me. Mind I dont like the snow but we dont get that much.
This is out third 'winter' in our home here in Crete and with the dogs in and out 24/7 the doors are NEVER closed and truthfully we have NEVER had our heating on once in those three years ( I had it serviced when we moved in and tried it then for 5 minutes to check rads didn't need bleeding ) , and we have full oil fired central heating and no somber or open fire ,,,, I reckon this has been our coldest winter but lowest temp at night has 'dropped' to approx +6 degrees , and yes yesterday I have caught the sun sat outside reading , my face looks like a boiled beetroot . Okay folks wrap up well I'm just off onto the patio to cook my back and think about a barbie this afternoon .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 8:28 am

cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
vinkel wrote:

finger
Aye reet up
This is out third 'winter' in our home here in Crete and with the dogs in and out 24/7 the doors are NEVER closed and truthfully we have NEVER had our heating on once in those three years ( I had it serviced when we moved in and tried it then for 5 minutes to check rads didn't need bleeding ) , and we have full oil fired central heating and no somber or open fire ,,,, I reckon this has been our coldest winter but lowest temp at night has 'dropped' to approx +6 degrees , and yes yesterday I have caught the sun sat outside reading , my face looks like a boiled beetroot . Okay folks wrap up well I'm just off onto the patio to cook my back and think about a barbie this afternoon .
Each to their own my friend, each to their own.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-03, 8:44 am

sunderpitt wrote:

I blame Thatcher

If Carlsberg did posts.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 10:30 am

The battering continues.

Part of Sunderland pier collapses following bad weather
Part of a pier in Sunderland has collapsed following heavy storms over the past few days.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-03, 11:18 am

A neighbour after parking his car on his hilly drive and going indoors, came back out and found it had slid down and smashed into  a wall, wrecking one side of his car. Very expensive!

Walking back through a field where the kids go sledging, one young girl was hurtling down the hill on a large inner tube.. and smashed into the hawthorn edge and barbed wire fence at the bottom of the hill. Her mum and dad were there and she seemed okay.

Be careful out there
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 11:32 am

sunderpitt wrote:A neighbour after parking his car on his hilly drive and going indoors, came back out and found it had slid down and smashed into  a wall, wrecking one side of his car. Very expensive!

Walking back through a field where the kids go sledging, one young girl was hurtling down the hill on a large inner tube.. and smashed into the hawthorn edge and barbed wire fence at the bottom of the hill. Her mum and dad were there and she seemed okay.

Be careful out there
Indoors footy day for me, love it

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum