SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 12:44 am by cyprussyd

» From the Don
Yesterday at 11:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by canary-dave

» Weekend Weather.
Yesterday at 3:08 pm by sunderpitt

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
Yesterday at 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Sartori
Yesterday at 12:08 pm by sunderpitt

» The bad old days
2018-12-13, 10:16 pm by cyprussyd

» The South Stand
2018-12-13, 8:57 pm by gil t azell

» Quiz 120
2018-12-13, 6:59 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Spot on Cookie, spot on

Go down

Spot on Cookie, spot on

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-26, 10:34 am

Chris Coleman: Sunderland is going to be ‘heart-attack city’ but we’d have lost that by five not long ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Callum McManaman celebrates his late equaliser against Boro. Picture by Frank Reid
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PHIL SMITH

[email=philip.smith@jpress.co.uk][size=20]Email[/email]

Published: 07:00Monday 26 February 2018[/size]

If Sunderland’s position remains perilous, then Chris Coleman at least takes some solace from the fact that his message finally seems to be getting through.

For weeks now, the Black Cats boss has challenged his players to stand up and play on the front foot.

While results are yet to turn, performances have improved.

It looked like his side were heading for another galling defeat, to MIddlesbrough on Saturday, when Joel Asoro was denied by Darren Randolph late on, but Callum McManaman’s 96th-minute finish sparked wild celebrations.

Coleman said: “I thought that [Asoro] was the chance. You always get one little chance and he saved it and I thought, ‘We’re not going to do it’.
“But once we get the corner you are thinking ‘it would be nice’, and it was a fabulous feeling (when McManaman scored).
“That, for seconds, feels like a win, just for seconds, because of the nature of it.
“Of course, we only came away with a poin,t but it felt… How many times have you seen us fold when we’ve been in a losing position.

“There’s only one thing you can’t forgive players from and that’s if they give up. That’s unforgivable.
“You can play really well and lose, but you can come off and go, ‘Well, actually, there’s not much more we can do there’.
“It’s a horrible feeling when you come off and you’ve missed the 90 minutes because you’ve tried to sneak through it.
“That’s a terrible feeling and we’ve had it once a twice.

“So when you come off and have a go, what do you say to that? We’ve got a point, we didn’t get three, disappointed we didn’t get three but we’ve got a point, we had a fight, we had a scrap.
“We are not going to get away from where we are by going through a back door, I know that.
“This is going to go down to the wire.
“It’s going to be heart attack city every weekend, which I’m not looking forward to, but it’s coming.
“And it’s going to be a fight.

“If you go into a fight on your hands and knees, trying to crawl out of it, you are going to get kicked in the backside.
“You’ve just got to stand your ground and swing back.
“In the last two games, we’ve started swinging punches back.
“It might make me sound like a Neanderthal, like a caveman, but we are in a relegation dogfight and you’ve got to show up every week.
“You can’t just show up for 45 minutes.
“Home is hard for us, tough luck is hard for a reason, we haven’t helped ourselves out, we are where we are, we have to face that, but we faced that (on Saturday).
“Away at Bolton (in last Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat), we were really good.
“We pass the ball better away from home because we haven’t got the home fans to disappoint as much as sometimes we do.
“We’ve got no choice now, where we are. There’s no gradually finish here, there or anywhere.
“Fourth from bottom, we’ve swam the channel from where we are, right now with the games left.
“There are four or five teams, maybe only four now in our league and we’ve got to top that league, it’s as simple as that.”
Coleman feels that the mood in the dressing room has improved after the late equaliser and that his team have made positive steps forward in the last two games.
He said: “It felt a bit more positive. We are still disappointed we didn’t get three points, but my words to them were, ‘Ten days ago we would have lost that by four or five, with the way we were playing and the mood we were in’.
“I know there’s been a lot said about formations and this, that and the other.

“But I say again it’s state of mind and it’s mentality.
“If you really want something to work, you will make it work.
“Formations and tactics, yeah, they can help but where we are, it’s all about heart, it’s about courage and personality and mentality, state of mind, all those old-fashioned words.
“We’ve just got to have plenty of that and we will give ourselves a real good chance.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Spot on Cookie, spot on

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-27, 6:23 pm

145 views and no comments, says it all

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-27, 6:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:145 views and no comments, says it all
But its mainly old news or common sense.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-27, 6:48 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:145 views and no comments, says it all
But its mainly old news or common sense.
You are probably right and maybe I am expecting to much.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-27, 9:14 pm

Speaks for itself. Nothing to add, nothing to debate. We all know where Coleman's coming from.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-28, 12:03 pm

I've been too busy. Labour Party won't run itself you know!

Well you would think so with about 500 emails I have dealt with in last 3 weeks and an all members meeting last Saturday to plan, do powerpoint, do agenda, sort minutes, stop factional arguments between some officers etc etc. It went really well thank you. Got lots of compliments on how well organised it was Very Happy 

Plus two bids for LP funding to be submitted by 9am this morning, and a third we were doing jointly with other Northumberland CLPs, that we have known about sicne Decemebr but of course the officers actioned left it till last minute, so has taken hours of slog to get them prepared for submission - last three nights up beyond midnight emailing and whatsapping back and forth.

And now I have Exec meeting to prepare for on Sunday. Did Agenda last night , now only have meeting papers to prepare, my own actions to review, and hope the weather improves so others can travel. Only perk is these meetings are at my house to save moneyy on room hire!

No rest for the wicked they say. I must have been really, really devilish in my youth tongue

Completely O/T I guess but it is a post! Since I had to cancel my gym and aquafit classes this morning - no way going out in this weather - I have a bit more time than I thought so able to read and respond today,

As for Coleman - he says what I want to hear and what needs to be said. I am half in love with him I think Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-28, 12:31 pm

Hmm Cookie is being perhaps too influenced by a poster on here..  as he expects Fletcher to come good... or is that a backanded way of saying he is crap atm
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum