SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» 40K target
Today at 11:10 am by oldblackcat

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 9:25 am by barrowmackem

» Quiz 117
Today at 8:47 am by Hieronymus

» LAWRIE MCMENEMY
Yesterday at 9:00 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 8:34 pm by cyprussyd

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 8:10 pm by vinkel

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 8:00 pm by Nostalgic

» Pompey game
Yesterday at 7:09 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 116
Yesterday at 6:49 pm by Hieronymus

»  Morecambe v Sunderland
Yesterday at 3:52 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

I have had a busy couple of weeks

Go down

I have had a busy couple of weeks

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-25, 10:10 am

My wife has been assessed as needing nursing care, and the home she was in are care only. When this came about the manager of her previous home said Katie no longer could stay with them. So i had to search for nursing homes or care homes with nursing  (preferably not too far away ). I soon found places in such homes are rare and soon go when there is a vacancy 
Well i did find one only 5 mile away that had a vacant room, had a good look around and not wanting to lose it by further looking decided happily on this one.
Then the work started, the assessments etc. Once all the necessary was done then the actual move was to be arranged. Katie has been there since Tuesday and seems ok. The new home have decided to make a floor nursing only, a lady on this dedicated floor isn't nursing, so the manager is wanting to move her out of the room and needs to speak to her family explaining why. This apparently is a much bigger room and better suited to Katies needs. Fingers crossed this will be done this coming week.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: I have had a busy couple of weeks

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-25, 11:34 am

I feel your pain and find it sad that at a time when help is needed little seems available.

Give Katie a kiss from the man in the red hat xx

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-25, 11:35 am

vinkel wrote:My wife has been assessed as needing nursing care, and the home she was in are care only. When this came about the manager of her previous home said Katie no longer could stay with them. So i had to search for nursing homes or care homes with nursing  (preferably not too far away ). I soon found places in such homes are rare and soon go when there is a vacancy 
Well i did find one only 5 mile away that had a vacant room, had a good look around and not wanting to lose it by further looking decided happily on this one.
Then the work started, the assessments etc. Once all the necessary was done then the actual move was to be arranged. Katie has been there since Tuesday and seems ok. The new home have decided to make a floor nursing only, a lady on this dedicated floor isn't nursing, so the manager is wanting to move her out of the room and needs to speak to her family explaining why. This apparently is a much bigger room and better suited to Katies needs. Fingers crossed this will be done this coming week.
Oh bless you vinkel - must be so incredibly difficult - don't forget to look after yourself too. Lots of love to you and Katie both kiss
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-25, 2:04 pm

It must be a difficult and worrying time.. take care of yourself so you can look after your wife
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-02-25, 2:14 pm

Take care
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-25, 3:08 pm

Thanks for the good thoughts, things seem to be going well and Katie is ok.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-25, 3:33 pm

vinkel wrote:Thanks for the good thoughts, things seem to be going well and Katie is ok.
Best wishes to you Vinks.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-02-26, 9:11 pm

Hope everything works out for the best and very soon Vinks.

I put my dad in a care home not knowing enough about them.

I now work in a care home (fortunately a bloody good one) and realise how much more there is to looking and caring for our loved ones. We are lucky in that our bosses actively encourage us to sit and speak with our residents about anything they wish to discuss.

We have a brand new mini bus, we have an internal activities team and we also get professional entertainment in 2 or 3 times a week. Its a fab job and a joy to see and listen to peope who have vast experience of life.

Finally at the end of the day I consider myself fortunate & privileged  to being allowed to work in THEIR home.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-26, 9:26 pm

gil t azell wrote:Hope everything works out for the best and very soon Vinks.

I now work in a care home (fortunately a bloody good one) and realise how much more there is to looking and caring for our loved ones. We are lucky in that our bosses actively encourage us to sit and speak with our residents about anything they wish to discuss.

We have a brand new mini bus, we have an internal activities team and we also get professional entertainment in 2 or 3 times a week. Its a fab job and a joy to see and listen to peope who have vast experience of life.

Finally at the end of the day I consider myself fortunate & privileged  to being allowed to work in THEIR home.
APPL APPL APPL

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-27, 9:12 am

gil t azell wrote:Hope everything works out for the best and very soon Vinks.

How lucky you are indeed Gil and how lucky are your residents. What a lovely post to read on a chilly February morning Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-28, 8:39 am

Katie is in her new room now, much bìgger much more suitable for her. Was her birthday yesterday, flowers cards visits and singing. Makes me a happy chappy.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-28, 8:51 am

vinkel wrote:Katie is in her new room now, much bìgger much more suitable for her. Was her birthday yesterday, flowers cards visits and singing. Makes me a happy chappy.
Good to see a smile on your face, I know its very, very hard for you.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuggy on 2018-02-28, 9:45 am

V - went thro the same with my mother so I understand exactly what you say.

Don't forget to look after yourself too. There is only so much you can do for your wife and she is now in professional hands.
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-28, 11:45 am

It's good to see the blessings in a very hard situation Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down