SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 9:53 am by Panther

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 9:41 am by oldblackcat

» N'Dong
Today at 9:32 am by oldblackcat

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

This man deserves our support and a full stadium

Go down

This man deserves our support and a full stadium

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-25, 8:58 am

Chris Coleman hails Sunderland fans and the Stadium of Light atmosphere after dramatic draw against Middlesbrough  

RICHARD MENNEAR Email Published: 08:32 Sunday 25 February 2018 

Chris Coleman has hailed the Stadium of Light atmosphere as the best he's heard in football when the dramatic late equaliser hit the net. Sub Callum McManaman rescued a late point for struggling Sunderland, his 96th-minute volley sealing a point after an afternoon packed full of drama, with six goals and two red cards. 

An official crowd of 29,048, including 2,500 Boro fans, watched the action unfold and Coleman thanked supporters for their part. Coleman said: "This stadium is half full since I've been here and when they get excited it's the best noise I've heard, and I've been in football a long time. "I can't imagine if it's full, can't imagine if we're playing well week-in, week-out and going in the right direction, I can't imagine the atmosphere. 

"We've had a lot of slaps in face, poor performances, booed off and deserved it. We want to give them something to smile about, some hope. "The fans deserved to go home with something. Boro brought a great following, a big club who are fighting for something different, so it was a good atmosphere." In the build-up to the match, Coleman said he didn't think it was a derby, with Newcastle United the real derby for Sunderland fans. 

When asked again after a pulsating afternoon, Coleman added: "I think it helped us playing Boro, who are just down the road. "From where we are we have to travel two hours to be within three hours of anywhere, but they're close and the atmosphere today was very good. I think that helped us." 

Joel Asoro saw Sunderland go into half-time with a 1-0 lead with both sides down to ten men after Jake Clarke-Salter and Adama Traore saw red. Patrick Bamford and Grant Leadbitter put Boro ahead, only for Jonny Williams to level and Bamford grab what seemed to be the winner before the late goal from McManaman to cap a dramatic afternoon on Wearside. 

On the performance, Coleman said: "It's a point and we needed three but we had a scrap, a tear-up with Boro. "Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. But at least after the last couple of performances I feel a bit better as we've shown a team performance. "It's not 45 minutes, we haven't shown up when 2-0 down and started huffing and puffing. We've huffed and puffed from the start. "It was a great first 45 minutes, a poor 10 minutes at the start of second half when we're wishing our life away by hoping to hang on to a 1-0 which never works. "We fought back to 2-2, then at 3-2 down we fought back again. 

"The supporters stayed with us and they got something to cheer about at the end. "We've lost four games out of six, and in the last four games on two occasions we've scored three goals and only got a point in each. "So that's the run we've been on and that's not great, but when you are where you are there's no option, there's no hiding place. "It's got to turn now in these games coming up and I think we can do that.Chris Coleman and Tony Pulis react to... More from Sport Ellis Short willing to give Sunderland away for 'free' - but new owners must take on huge debt David Preece: How many points I think Sunderland need to survive – and how many they’ll actually get ‘It was exactly like On The Buses’ - Sunderland man’s memories of his career in transport Sunderland are ‘rank bad and cannon fodder’ for Middlesbrough, says Bernie Slaven The Essentials Richard E Grant taken to hospital after being hit by a metal bar Essentials Visit inews.co.uk 

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This man deserves our support and a full stadium

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-25, 11:58 am

I think you are right Syd, I am just about convinced to return to the fold at least for some if not all of the remaining home games. Cookie deserves all the support we can muster as he has a herculean task now.

I am down in Tynemouth on 6th March for a meeting, plus it's my sisters birthday so need to drop in a card and some flowers for her in Cramlington, so being down that way anyway I will drag Mr H along (I mean ask him nicely if he wants to drive 65 miles each way and go shopping, dining out and then to a football match tongue ) and we will come across for the Villa game. I always enjoyed night games the most anyway.

Maybe we could start a campaign on Facebook and Twitter to ask all the long lost fans to come back and try to spur the lads on for this game at least? Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-25, 12:10 pm

I would just love him to see a full stadium in full voice, just once would do.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum