SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 1:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The two sides of football

Go down

The two sides of football

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-25, 7:02 am

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea wants a £350,000-a-week deal to stay at Old Trafford. The 27-year-old earns around £180,000 a week but lags behind forward Alexis Sanchez, who is on £505,000 a week. (Sun on Sunday) 

Non-league side Salford City FC ensured no food from the club's postponed clash with Tamworth on Saturday was wasted - by donating it all to a homeless shelter. (Manchester Evening News)

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The two sides of football

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-25, 12:01 pm

Sums it up doesn't it. The world has gone mad. Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-25, 3:41 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Sums it up doesn't it. The world has gone mad. Crying or Very sad
Yes indeed.
I don't really know how to sum it up without reverting to expletives so I'll just leave it at that.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-02-25, 8:22 pm

In the report on the League Cup final it was pointed out that Guardiola has spent more in 21 months than Wenger has in 21 years.  I bet Wenger made more money for Arsenal from selling on young players he had developed than the other fellah will.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-02-27, 3:45 pm

Nostalgic wrote:In the report on the League Cup final it was pointed out that Guardiola has spent more in 21 months than Wenger has in 21 years.  I bet Wenger made more money for Arsenal from selling on young players he had developed than the other fellah will.
I used to like Wenger due to the football Arsenal used to play and bringing in some of the best footballers to grace the English game, unfortunately those days have gone and his constant moaning for the past few years has done my head in.

I had a few chats with Arsenal fans both before and after the match on Sunday and almost to a man they wanted rid of him.  One of the main reasons they’ve turned against him is that he refuses to invest in better players despite the new stadium now being complete. 

They also fear that once he does go the cost of trying to build a team capable of regularly competing in the CL will be beyond them.

Those views weren’t from younger ‘ungrateful’ fans but from older fans that had been there and done it.

For all Wengar has given to English football it’s sad that it’s going to end in tears but I wouldn’t be surprised he’s not there next season.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-27, 4:10 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:In the report on the League Cup final it was pointed out that Guardiola has spent more in 21 months than Wenger has in 21 years.  I bet Wenger made more money for Arsenal from selling on young players he had developed than the other fellah will.
I used to like Wenger due to the football Arsenal used to play and bringing in some of the best footballers to grace the English game, unfortunately those days have gone and his constant moaning for the past few years has done my head in.

I had a few chats with Arsenal fans both before and after the match on Sunday and almost to a man they wanted rid of him.  One of the main reasons they’ve turned against him is that he refuses to invest in better players despite the new stadium now being complete. 

They also fear that once he does go the cost of trying to build a team capable of regularly competing in the CL will be beyond them.

Those views weren’t from younger ‘ungrateful’ fans but from older fans that had been there and done it.

For all Wengar has given to English football it’s sad that it’s going to end in tears but I wouldn’t be surprised he’s not there next season.

Can I say I hope he is there next season for one reason only.

Just to piss off Piers Morgan  Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-02-27, 4:17 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Can I say I hope he is there next season for one reason only.

Just to piss off Piers Morgan  Very Happy
Haha. I wish I had thought of that on Sunday.  

There again maybe not,  the atmosphere may have changed somewhat.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-02-27, 6:24 pm

For all he is appearing to be a dinosaur in some folks eyes I know that Wenger is constrained by spending conditions imposed by owners/board. There is also a wage structure to take into account/ For all he still has tens of millions to spend it has to be rationed out fairly wisely to cover a team so he still has a balancing act to do.  

Just the way football has gone, but it is not going to be sustained whilst the big clubs are dishing out fabulous contracts to single players.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum