SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 11:10 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 10:13 am by barrowmackem

» League Table Week 11
Today at 10:07 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Millwall v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Millwall v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-02, 6:03 pm

vinkel wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Surely this game (and many others) will be cancelled? Even if a thaw sets in tomorrow it's not going to be safe for people to travel. It is absolutely horrendous up here and seems nowhere has escaped the snow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Outside today when Mr H went out for more wood for the stove. Honestly it is like being in Siberia! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I dont know how to break this tò you, but we are not playing up there, we will be in Landon.
Well the travelling fans aren't exactly teleporting are they? Trains and planes and main roads are all disrupted by the weather. I know the FA and League don't care about away supporters but I do! tongue

Weather forecast is still poor for today and tomorow from North Yorkshire down beyond London and some London ganes are already called off.

Hope the journey there and back goes smootlhy for all and no black ice or blizzards on the roads.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 6:22 pm

We cant go mad in this game but neither can we sit back, a draw will do nothing for us so its win or lose.

TBH a loss will hardly make things any worse so we must go for three points, front foot from the start, pressure,focused defence and go for it.

Can we do it, well we will soon know.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-03-02, 6:33 pm

we have scored 3 goals on 4 occasions this season and never won a game,but I still think attacking is the best form of defence though and if we have to lose I would rather lose 4-3 after a fight than 1-0 with a whimper.....things can only get better so lets go for it!!
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 9:31 pm

Northumbria finest have reported roads were clear when they went to Millwall today. Pitch cleared as well as surrounding areas around the ground so match on. Pictures taken by Northumbria Police spotters this afternoon ......

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-03-02, 11:04 pm

oldblackcat wrote:we have scored 3 goals on 4 occasions this season and never won a game,but I still think attacking is the best form of defence though and if we have to lose I would rather lose 4-3 after a fight than 1-0 with a whimper.....things can only get better so lets go for it!!
Sorry OBC I seem to recall a 3 - 1 win at Norwich.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-03-03, 7:54 am

Lever Malone wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:we have scored 3 goals on 4 occasions this season and never won a game,but I still think attacking is the best form of defence though and if we have to lose I would rather lose 4-3 after a fight than 1-0 with a whimper.....things can only get better so lets go for it!!
Sorry OBC I seem to recall a 3 - 1 win at Norwich.
Embarassed yeah you're right sorry .....long time ago...just shows best to attack Very Happy
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 8:02 am

WEATHER UPDATE

Today

Less cold in the south, but it will be cloudy with showery rain and perhaps sleet in places. Meanwhile, further north showers will move in from the North Sea, these most persistent for eastern areas.

Tonight

Rain and perhaps sleet in places for southern and central regions, then further north there will be further snow showers moving in from the North Sea, these most frequent in the east.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 9:04 am

Coxhoe bus getting there

On the way to Millwall with a bus full of Madmackems, main roads clear, not much snow in the feilds

Save
A1 South Sherwood Forest
Park

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 12:30 pm

Benno and Barnsy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 12:38 pm

Arrived just after 12 having a few slurps on the safe side of Millwall area 25 minutes coach drive to the Den

Save
Harvester (Lingfield Crescent, Eltham, London, United Kingdom)
Family style restaurant · London
22,520 people checked in here

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 2:00 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-03-03, 2:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-03-03, 2:09 pm

Looks like he’s gone for some height in the team
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 2:12 pm

Vincemac wrote:Looks like he’s gone for some height in the team
He says Camp needs to be taken out and Ruiter still injured and Asoro carrying knock

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-03, 5:20 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

A point is a point... needed 3 .. a win against Vile next week a must
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-03-03, 5:27 pm

a point at Millwall, on their current form, is a vert good point in normal circumstances. Alas we are not in normal circumstances, but I remain positive. Not losing is good for confidence, bring on Villa and 1-0 will do!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-03, 5:38 pm

Spot on OBC.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 6:30 pm

Chris Coleman was pleased with the way his players showed some grit and character to grind out a point in South London.
After making no fewer than six changes to his line-up for Sunderland's match at Millwall, Bryan Oviedo got the lads off to a fine start when he sent a rocket of a strike soaring into the top corner.
Millwall made life tough after the restart, piling balls and bodies into the box before Shaun Hutchinson’s stabbed effort just about squirming over the line.
And that’s the way it stayed at The Den as the points were split.
“It is hard here because they are unbeaten in nine, they had won their last three,” Coleman said.
“At least it is the third game running when we have played as a team from the first minute to the last.
“When you do that and bring a good following here in bad weather you can’t be disappointed. 
“In terms of our spirit and endeavour we kept going but we are just lacking a bit of quality in the fine details. 
“We stood up to the test, it is a point gained for us.
“We have another game Tuesday, we look at how strong we are, how fit we are and we will have to go with that.
“We didn’t succumb to their pressure," he continued. "They put so many balls into the box and they put a lot of pressure on us.
“Maybe we could’ve got up higher and got out a bit quicker but overall it is the third game running we have shown a bit of personality in our play.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-03, 6:48 pm

@JHunterChron
Coleman: I thought Steele played well today. He has worked hard in training and he looked good today. [ltr]#safc[/ltr]

@JHunterChron
Coleman: There are still 11 games and 33 points to play for. It's going to be bumpy, but I'm confident we can still get out of it. #safc

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-03, 7:39 pm

We seem to have developed some fighting spirit now which can only be a good thing in our predicament.  One point more than we started with.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum