SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Fukking useless bastards.
Today at 9:14 am by Kipper

» Reality is sinking in
Today at 9:10 am by Kipper

» Forget about King Çharles forget about King William
Today at 7:43 am by vinkel

» Jumble sales
Today at 7:10 am by cyprussyd

» Fathers Day
Yesterday at 10:48 pm by Sid MCFC

» Epilepsy
Yesterday at 7:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Quiz Night at the Albert
Yesterday at 5:26 pm by Vincemac

» In, out, shake it all about
Yesterday at 3:55 pm by cyprussyd

» Mcnair
Yesterday at 1:22 pm by Billy D

» Christ Allfruckingmighty
Yesterday at 10:40 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, Kipper

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The concern about Short

Go down

The concern about Short

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-23, 8:06 am

In less than a week Short has gone from a reported sale price of 50 mil to 0 so yes he seems to be desperate to get out and leave his Sunderland experience behind him, good news for us all.

But just how desperate is he? 

He is prepared to give the club away and if reports are right he is also prepared to write off his part of the debt so will he walk away?

He is at present paying the clubs monthly shortfall of around 3 mil, in other words its Short and Short alone that is keeping us in business.

He wants out, he is detested by the fans, he no longer feels any allegiance to the club, the city or the area and he can save himself 3 mil a month by simply saying, "Thats me off".

Would you hang about and stump up the cash?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The concern about Short

Post  Argus on 2018-02-23, 12:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:In less than a week Short has gone from a reported sale price of 50 mil to 0 so yes he seems to be desperate to get out and leave his Sunderland experience behind him, good news for us all.

He is prepared to give the club away and if reports are right he is also prepared to write off his part of the debt so will he walk away?

He is at present paying the clubs monthly shortfall of around 3 mil, in other words its Short and Short alone that is keeping us in business.

He wants out, he is detested by the fans, he no longer feels any allegiance to the club, the city or the area and he can save himself 3 mil a month by simply saying, "Thats me off".

30 years ago we had a similar situation at Roker Park. where one of the regions most successful self-made businessmen EVER was hounded out of the club he loved and supported as a boy, by fans.

Unfortunately for Tom Cowie he didn't have the luxury of Ellis Short sitting many miles away and the screaming hoards made his life and that of his family absolute hell even long after he resigned.

Whilst his predecessor Bob Murray didn't suffer to the same extent, he too regularly felt the wrath of some fans, particularly on match days.

You can be assured that if I win the Big Lottery, buying SAFC will be the last thing on my wish list!

Our fans talk about their undying feeling for the club and in most cases it's a genuine love, but be warned, there's a small section out there who are hell bent on destroying anyone who is foolish enough to take on the challenge of taking the club forward and fails.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-23, 1:46 pm

Argus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:In less than a week Short has gone from a reported sale price of 50 mil to 0 so yes he seems to be desperate to get out and leave his Sunderland experience behind him, good news for us all.

30 years ago we had a similar situation at Roker Park. where one of the regions most successful self-made businessmen EVER was hounded out of the club he loved and supported as a boy, by fans.

Unfortunately for Tom Cowie he didn't have the luxury of Ellis Short sitting many miles away and the screaming hoards made his life and that of his family absolute hell even long after he resigned.

Whilst his predecessor Bob Murray didn't suffer to the same extent, he too regularly felt the wrath of some fans, particularly on match days.

You can be assured that if I win the Big Lottery, buying SAFC will be the last thing on my wish list!

Our fans talk about their undying feeling for the club and in most cases it's a genuine love, but be warned, there's a small section out there who are hell bent on destroying anyone who is foolish enough to take on the challenge of taking the club forward and fails.
Well said Argus, I remember the vitriol aimed at both Cowie and Murray by the group of fans you mention. It was savage and uncalled for in both cases
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-23, 2:21 pm

Cowie was an arsehole imo.
Bob tried his best but just didn't have the dosh required.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum