SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Today at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Today at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The Sleeping Giants

Go down

The Sleeping Giants

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 7:41 am

We go into today's latest must win match with hope but little conviction and probably a future that wont get better any time soon, the sleeping giants are long gone and we all know why.

Sunderland have needed rebuilding for some time and season after season the rebuild has been new manager brings in a small number of players, many on loan, to join a group of players who have let us down season after season.

The last two windows have shown us the future, beg steal or borrow whatever and who ever you can to try and make a squad. We now in Coleman, IMO have a manager capable of doing a true rebuild but we also know we have a owner in Short who wont give him the financial backing to carry out that rebuild. 

And maybe that's our future, if we cant afford the players good enough for the division we are in then drop until we find a division that we can afford the players for, maybe our rebuild cant start until we find that foundation to build on with no guarantee it will be division 1.

I dont understand Short any  more than you do, he wants out, he wants top dollar but every month he pays in around 3 mil to keep us afloat, a club he no longer wants. Would he not be better off to cut and run, there must be a buyer somewhere out there if the price is right but would that be a buyer we want?

In the summer we will lose the bulk of our squad with loan players leaving, O'Shea surely cant last another season and the vulchers circling for our young prospects.

I fear next season will bring more empty pink seats, more pain with only the diehards and idiots like me left but will Cookie still be with us?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sleeping Giants

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-20, 10:30 am

If as it seems increasingly likely we drop another division, the way back will I suspect not be easy or quick.

What we need is a very rich person to take us over which seems also increasingly unlikely 

So with Short (or another not too well off) as a owner funds for a rebuild seem also unlikely.

I will be renewing my season ticket. But how often I go is a big question.

I hope Coleman stays on, but the longer we are out in the financial wilderness the more likely he is to go.

Bane will do his masters bidding and we look to be in the doldrums for some time.

Am I depressed and pissed off with this scenario.. you bet I am.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-02-20, 11:06 am

sleeping? more like comatose  Sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 11:51 am

sunderpitt wrote:If as it seems increasingly likely we drop another division, the way back will I suspect not be easy or quick.

What we need is a very rich person to take us over which seems also increasingly unlikely 

So with Short (or another not too well off) as a owner funds for a rebuild seem also unlikely.

I hope Coleman stays on, but the longer we are out in the financial wilderness the more likely he is to go.

Bane will do his masters bidding and we look to be in the doldrums for some time.

And what do you suggest he does Sunders? part of being employed is that in the end the boss is the boss and he calls the shots.

It's very easy to have a go at Bane, so simply that even a fool could do it but far harder to give an alternative but go on, give it a go.

You are CEO, I have phoned Short and he is ready to talk, go on, what do you say. Yes I expect lots of f*ck off and the like but it's more a question for the grown ups, what do you say and do?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-02-20, 12:27 pm

Sunders, do you really think Bain enjoys the situation any more than you or I?
I'll bet he really looks forward to each home game where he appears to be the bad guy amongst a fair proportion of supporters.

The reality is that as CEO he is responsible to the shareholders - which in our case is Short alone - and for that reason he will undoubtedly be at Short's behest.

Most football pundits admit that attracting Coleman was a master stroke so he's done everything he can on the footballing front.

However I've no doubt that he spends a lot of his time trying to sort out the financial mess he inherited from his predecessor Margaret Byrne in an attempt to make the club a more attractive proposition for prospective buyers and hopefully that will happen sooner than later .

Let's not get confused about who is to blame for our current predicament and  it certainly isn't Martin Bain.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-20, 1:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:If as it seems increasingly likely we drop another division, the way back will I suspect not be easy or quick.

And what do you suggest he does Sunders? part of being employed is that in the end the boss is the boss and he calls the shots.

It's very easy to have a go at Bane, so simply that even a fool could do it but far harder to give an alternative but go on, give it a go.

You are CEO, I have phoned Short and he is ready to talk, go on, what do you say. Yes I expect lots of f*ck off and the like but it's more a question for the grown ups, what do you say and do?

Thank you for the job... I was fortunate in my working life to have at times a choice of what job to take. I suspect this is Babes case also.

Bane should not have taken on Sunderland unless he could get his boss willing to put up some funds for new players.. atm he is just managing failure and is not doing anybody any favours other than Short.

Short wants out.. no problem with that.. but it is not rocket science to demonstrate that ad well as meeting any shortfall each month.. some small extra cash would make all the differene to recruitment.. rather than the death of a thousand cuts atm
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 3:13 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Thank you for the job... I was fortunate in my working life to have at times a choice of what job to take. I suspect this is Babes case also.

Bane should not have taken on Sunderland unless he could get his boss willing to put up some funds for new players.. atm he is just managing failure and is not doing anybody any favours other than Short.

Short wants out.. no problem with that.. but it is not rocket science to demonstrate that ad well as meeting any shortfall each month.. some small extra cash would make all the differene to recruitment.. rather than the death of a thousand cuts atm
Yes I am sure Bane could leave tomorrow but maybe he has decided to not take the easy route and quit. You tell us why Bane should not have taken the job but someone had to and again I ask what you would do in that job, the answer seems to be not take it.
I will fight Banes corner because I think he is doing a remarkable job in circumstances that many like you would run away from.

He took aver a club in absolute turmoil, none of it his doing. He faced up to the financial situation and IMO in telling Short how bad it was did the hard job that others would not. Short wants out and we all know that but he still funds the club, maybe that was Banes influance, I dont know but then again, neither do you. We are where we are because of mismanagement, IMO by Short and Byrne and Bane is cleaning up the mess. Its hard and painful and could well see us fall into Div1, hopefully not.

So far Short has not found a buyer but hopefully Banes hard work will make us a far more attractive bet.

I accept you and many more wont agree but there you go.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum