SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 9:50 am by Derro Jimmy

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 9:41 am by oldblackcat

» N'Dong
Today at 9:32 am by oldblackcat

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Heart, Desire and Commitment

Go down

Heart, Desire and Commitment

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-19, 10:17 pm

Last two nights I have watched two 'little' teams play top Premiership teams - Rochdale vs Spurs and Wigan vs Manchester City and enjoyed both games immensely.

Both 'little'' teams gave everything; players put their bodies in the firing line time after time, never gave up, kept fighting for every ball; all the way to the final whistle. Yes Man City had a player sent off but even so, Wigan stood firm and definitely deserved their win tonght (sorry Sid MCFC) as did Rochdale deserve their hard fought draw last night.

Both were entertaining games to watch as a neutral (sorry again Sid MCFC!) and brought home for me what we are missing at Sunderland.

Heart, desire and commitment.

Every player giving 100% effort and showing individual mental strength; believing in their own abiity, knowing they can play the top players in the world and compete, maybe not week after week, but in a one off game, and do well.

If only our current crop of players had more of those qualities eh?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart, Desire and Commitment

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-19, 10:27 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Last two nights I have watched two 'little' teams play top Premiership teams - Rochdale vs Spurs and Wigan vs Manchester City and enjoyed both games immensely.

Both 'little'' teams gave everything; players put their bodies in the firing line time after time, never gave up, kept fighting for every ball; all the way to the final whistle. Yes Man City had a player sent off but even so, Wigan stood firm and definitely deserved their win tonght (sorry Sid MCFC) as did Rochdale deserve their hard fought draw last night.

Both were entertaining games to watch as a neutral (sorry again Sid MCFC!) and brought home for me what we are missing at Sunderland.

Every player giving 100% effort and showing individual mental strength; believing in their own abiity, knowing they can play the top players in the world and compete, maybe not week after week, but in a one off game, and do well.

I'm afraid years of decline and loan players have killed that desire, we have seen it during the great escapes but last season our time ran out.

On Saturday we started with

Camp,last big pay day
Jones,now being found out
Browning, is his heart here or back at Everton
OShea, was never meant to be playing this season
Clarke Salter, out of position

I could go on.

My biggest concern is that Cookie is looking like he is out of ideas, maybe next season we will be the league one giant killers.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-02-20, 4:25 am

Hieronymus wrote:Last two nights I have watched two 'little' teams play top Premiership teams - Rochdale vs Spurs and Wigan vs Manchester City and enjoyed both games immensely.

like    crawl

Ps. No comment, just an emotion as it'll be slated as bollocks.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-02-20, 8:18 am

past caring, what i will say is  APPL  Wigan

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-20, 8:44 am

Am I the only person who thinks Wigan cheated their way past City?

The referee had a yellow card out for Delph when he was surrounded by many Wigan players waving imaginary red cards and manhandling him. He then changed it to red.

Horrendous refereeing  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-20, 9:08 am

canary-dave wrote:Am I the only person who thinks Wigan cheated their way past City?

The referee had a yellow card out for Delph when he was surrounded by many Wigan players waving imaginary red cards and manhandling him. He then changed it to red.

I disagree. My view was the ref was thinking about it and got a nudge by 4th official or assistant referee.

Even so it was hardly cheating. Refs are allowed to change their mind and clearly it was a reckless tackle by Delph. If he had connected with his leading foot that high he would have broken the lads leg in two. And if you watch he isn't even looking at what he is doing so it is cowardly as well. So IMO he deserved the sending off.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 9:24 am

Hieronymus wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Am I the only person who thinks Wigan cheated their way past City?

I disagree. My view was the ref was thinking about it and got a nudge by 4th official or assistant referee.

Even so it was hardly cheating. Refs are allowed to change their mind and clearly it was a reckless tackle by Delph. If he had connected with his leading foot that high he would have broken the lads leg in two. And if you watch he isn't even looking at what he is doing so it is cowardly as well. So IMO he deserved the sending off.
IMO its all irrelevant and detracts from what was a great result for Wigan. I know if we do it next season, yes we have become the potential giant killers, I will be over the moon.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-20, 9:43 am

I would have been happy with a Wigan win were it not for that incident  Surrounding the referee was allegedly outlawed many years ago and waving imaginary cards is a bookable offence. The fourth official would not interfere as it was a yellow card offence 

Back in my time of playing it wasn't even an offence, he got the ball for goodness sake

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 11:55 am

canary-dave wrote:I would have been happy with a Wigan win were it not for that incident  Surrounding the referee was allegedly outlawed many years ago and waving imaginary cards is a bookable offence. The fourth official would not interfere as it was a yellow card offence 

Back in my time of playing it wasn't even an offence, he got the ball for goodness sake
Oh those long gone days of black and white TV and silent movies

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-20, 12:36 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I would have been happy with a Wigan win were it not for that incident  Surrounding the referee was allegedly outlawed many years ago and waving imaginary cards is a bookable offence. The fourth official would not interfere as it was a yellow card offence 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Nest, Norwich circa 1930 (ish) Which one is you Dave?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-20, 12:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I wasn't there, they wouldn't let me out of the old people's home!

tounge tounge

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 12:44 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I wasn't there, they wouldn't let me out of the old people's home!

tounge tounge
busy mugging old ladies

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-02-20, 4:27 pm

I suppose the game was sort of ok.  pale
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-20, 4:47 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:

I suppose the game was sort of ok.  pale
I wish we could be the giants but its looking like we are destined for the giant killers role  Embarassed Embarassed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum