SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 9:53 am by Panther

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 9:41 am by oldblackcat

» N'Dong
Today at 9:32 am by oldblackcat

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

That eureka moment.

Go down

That eureka moment.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 10:14 am

You would have thought I would have worked it out years ago but no, but yesterday around 3.35 it hit me, a bolt of lightning came from above and I finally understood why I keep on going to Sunderland games.

Thinking back I can remember the days of anger, depression and indeed the many emotions I see around me and see on SunderMad. I understand them all, been there.

Yesterday we were 2 goals down, in disarray and looking beyond hope but my mind was on why, who was playing bad and why, what was the answer and very much what will the manager do, is there anything he could do?

I simply didn't see shit players who could not give a dam, many do and that's fine and I understand why but I didn't.

I saw a number of players who looked scared to death, panicking when the ball came their way resulting in getting rid resulting in bad passes and snatching at the ball.

Of course I would love great winning football, being in the premier league better players, better performances and better results. I would love a new owner who will invest but we are where we are.

The last part of the first half, in my head, was who can he change, how can we improve, why is Browning, who I like, playing so bad.
Halftime was great, Williams is doing his warm up routine, and I'm sure that's Mathews, we will see changes.

Second half was all about seeing if those changes had an effect, it became very clear that we could make chances but just could not take them, no points today so on to Bolton we go.

When I got home Annette asked how I was, she knew we lost, disappointed I said but fine, in a funny way I enjoyed my day out.

So last night the decision was made that my season card will be renewed and whatever division we are in I'm sure I will find a reason to enjoy my day.

I dont expect anyone to understand, just explaining how we supporters come in all shapes and sizes, no right or wrong just right for the individual and its that variety that makes us all unique in our own way.

Home early yesterday and could be even earlier in the future, even smaller crowds can have a positive outcome.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: That eureka moment.

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-18, 10:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:You would have thought I would have worked it out years ago but no, but yesterday around 3.35 it hit me, a bolt of lightning came from above and I finally understood why I keep on going to Sunderland games.

Thinking back I can remember the days of anger, depression and indeed the many emotions I see around me and see on SunderMad. I understand them all, been there.

Yesterday we were 2 goals down, in disarray and looking beyond hope but my mind was on why, who was playing bad and why, what was the answer and very much what will the manager do, is there anything he could do?

I simply didn't see shit players who could not give a dam, many do and that's fine and I understand why but I didn't.

I saw a number of players who looked scared to death, panicking when the ball came their way resulting in getting rid resulting in bad passes and snatching at the ball.

Of course I would love great winning football, being in the premier league better players, better performances and better results. I would love a new owner who will invest but we are where we are.

The last part of the first half, in my head, was who can he change, how can we improve, why is Browning, who I like, playing so bad.
Halftime was great, Williams is doing his warm up routine, and I'm sure that's Mathews, we will see changes.

Second half was all about seeing if those changes had an effect, it became very clear that we could make chances but just could not take them, no points today so on to Bolton we go.

When I got home Annette asked how I was, she knew we lost, disappointed I said but fine, in a funny way I enjoyed my day out.

So last night the decision was made that my season card will be renewed and whatever division we are in I'm sure I will find a reason to enjoy my day.

I dont expect anyone to understand, just explaining how we supporters come in all shapes and sizes, no right or wrong just right for the individual and its that variety that makes us all unique in our own way.

Home early yesterday and could be even earlier in the future, even smaller crowds can have a positive outcome.

Excellent post Syd, and I for one completely agree with you 

APPL

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 10:28 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:You would have thought I would have worked it out years ago but no, but yesterday around 3.35 it hit me, a bolt of lightning came from above and I finally understood why I keep on going to Sunderland games.

Excellent post Syd, and I for one completely agree with you 

APPL
crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-18, 10:41 am

Just watched the full match online this morning.
First half we were total dogshit.
Second half a bit smaller dog turd.
Fletcher & Honeyman were very poor imo but I'm not singling them out.
Brentford never really needed to get out of second gear.
We never really troubled them at all. That's how shit we are.
Syd says they're scared. What they scared of?
There supposed to be professional footballers ffs.
Stark truth is they just not good enough. Even for this league.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 11:53 am

Billy D wrote:Just watched the full match online this morning.
You are right Billy they are indeed professional footballers but you forget one thing, they are also human beings.

I find it oh so easy to trot out, "They are shit" but if that's your view fine, its a view shared by many, all I have done is give the reason I go.

One thing I could never do is tell the world and his wife how I dont give a feck and could never be dragged along to watch them then spend my Sunday morning watching the game so that I could confirm to myself how shit they are even though I knew that anyway.

My version may not be great it is however honest.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-02-18, 1:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
You are right Billy they are indeed professional footballers but you forget one thing, they are also human beings.

I find it oh so easy to trot out, "They are shit" but if that's your view fine, its a view shared by many, all I have done is give the reason I go.

One thing I could never do is tell the world and his wife how I dont give a feck and could never be dragged along to watch them then spend my Sunday morning watching the game so that I could confirm to myself how shit they are even though I knew that anyway.

They are crap and have been all season 
But while there is a glimmer of hope we may stop up 
I will still attend.
Well there are my team crap or not.
I will not give up on a bunch of players who Will never be as big as my club
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-18, 3:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Aye ok.
Folk like lesmac thinks that those who don't go are less entitled to an opinion.
Mmm, I wonder, how does he form an opinion of our away games?
Same way as I do I suspect. Radio & highlights & full match the next day.
Even H pulled him up on that.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-18, 3:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

They may be human beings but do they have any pride. In my opinion, based on this seasons performances,  most of them certainly do not. I would think that most Sunderland supporters have been very proud of their team for many years but I'd guess that now many have totally lost that pride.

Last edited by lesmac on 2018-02-18, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-18, 3:39 pm

I do not blame the players for not being good enough.. I blame the folk who put them there.

The first 30 mins yesterday we were headless chickens.. that is the players and managers fault 

I will be renewing my season ticket.. I just will not go evetytime there is a game

The last time I saw Brentford play Sunderland was at Griffin park in the 3rd division. Yesterday the Bees looked a division better than us
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 3:44 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

They may be human beings but do they have any pride. In my opinion, based on this seasons performances,  most of them certainly do not. I would think that most Sunderland supporters have been very proud of their team for many years but I'd guess that now many have totally lost that pride.
We seem to be wandering from my eureka moment and again I understand why any fan would doubt pride but how do we decide if a player does indeed have pride?

Some make it easy, Rodwell and Kone but was Browning performance yesterday down to lack of pride, lack of confidence, being a poor player, fear, I dont know. I do know that booing or telling him how he is not fit to wear the shirt wont help.

Am I proud of my club right now, yes and I am still proud of the manager, Not so keen on how far we have been allowed to drop but I dont blame the players for that.

My main point remains the same, did I enjoy yesterday, performance no, result no but trying to work out how Coleman would react yes. I still enjoyed the black humour on my ride home, for more important things in my life to get annoyed or stressed over than a game of footy.

Looking forward to Tuesday and really looking forward to seeing how we react next Saturday.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 3:56 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Aye ok.
Folk like lesmac thinks that those who don't go are less entitled to an opinion.
Even H pulled him up on that.
Good diversion tactic Billy but nothing whatsoever to do with my comment.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-18, 4:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Aye ok.
Even H pulled him up on that
Billy I don't need to see away games to form an opinion, I have seen lack of pride in almost every game this season.
H thought that I was commenting about her lack of attendance which I was not and she had the grace to apologise.  Please get your facts right before you make your comments.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-18, 6:15 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Aye ok.
Even H pulled him up on that
Billy I don't need to see away games to form an opinion, I have seen lack of pride in almost every game this season.
H thought that I was commenting about her lack of attendance which I was not and she had the grace to apologise.  Please get your facts right before you make your comments.
OK, I too apologise as I also picked you up wrong.
No hard feelings.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-18, 7:02 pm

Thank you Billy. We all have contrasting and different views on on all manner of issues so we are bound to be at odds with a view we don't share. The wonderful thing about Sundermad is the general atmosphere of friendship throughout the posts. Yes, sparks fly from time to time but its not like 606 or RTG and we all have Syd to thank for starting, and maintaining, the forum. Our job now is to get posting more and disagree in the hope that we will attract new members as well as some of the older members who have taken a rest from the place, probably because of the position SAFC find themselves in. Let's not go there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-18, 7:05 pm

lesmac wrote:Thank you Billy. We all have contrasting and different views on on all manner of issues so we are bound to be at odds with a view we don't share. The wonderful thing about Sundermad is the general atmosphere of friendship throughout the posts. Yes, sparks fly from time to time but its not like 606 or RTG and we all have Syd to thank for starting, and maintaining, the forum. Our job now is to get posting more and disagree in the hope that we will attract new members as well as some of the older members who have taken a rest from the place, probably because of the position SAFC find themselves in. Let's not go there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
No problem fella.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum