SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 9:53 am by Panther

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 9:41 am by oldblackcat

» N'Dong
Today at 9:32 am by oldblackcat

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The sadness of Sunderland

Go down

The sadness of Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-17, 8:19 am

Now let me start by saying this IS NOT a have a go at anyone post and yes I accept that it could simply be me who is a sad old bugger.

This forum is all but dead most days but sadly it's not alone but is it simply a mirror of life as a MAckem right now?

Today is match day and quite an important match at that and yes it is only 8 o'clock but here in Coxhoe the match day experience lives on. I'm up.clothes laid out and excitement growing but yes a little more dread than usual is mixed in there.

However I know I am in a greatly reducing group as one by one the Sunderland decline bites, interest wains and going to games and in many cases even listening to games drops down the list of things to do. Of course I understand that and of course our club have done little if anything to stop the rot.

For the benefit of those who no longer go let me tell you that if you do you will probably be shocked, shocked at how the stadium and surrounding area is looking like a club that is dying.

Outside Joans cafe is closed with a sale sign up, the burger vans have drastically reduced in number, 20,000 less people to feed affects many things.

The family zone is long gone, no seats, stage or noise but not everything could be moved so its cordoned off with old barriers, a reminder of better times.

Probably one of the saddest sights for me is the seats in the stadium, areas of new glimmering red seats suddenly stop to show where the money ran out and the faded pink seats remain, yes being a lucky soul I am next to red seats but they ran out at my pink seat.

All of this decline in looks and people is the result of years of mismanagement, we all know that but its one division drop, god help us if Cookie fails in his almost impossible task, god help us if we drop again.

I find it all oh so sad that my club is in this state and yes it's that sadness that is driving people away, sadness along with a mix of anger, despair, depression and simple disinterest.

Let's hope today we see a small glimpse of the return of better times, let's hope we are given hope.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The sadness of Sunderland

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-17, 8:43 am

Sorry to hear about Joan's cafe, excellent food at reasonable cost  the rest is indicative of the modern football 'fan'  It is a behaviour I have never understood  I have been a Norwich fan since early childhood and will always want to watch them at every opportunity 

IMHO that's what being a fan is all about  thick or thin 

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-17, 9:12 am

canary-dave wrote:Sorry to hear about Joan's cafe, excellent food at reasonable cost  the rest is indicative of the modern football 'fan'  It is a behaviour I have never understood  I have been a Norwich fan since early childhood and will always want to watch them at every opportunity 

IMHO that's what being a fan is all about  thick or thin 

The problem we have Dave is we have a hell of a lot of thin and very little thick so I do understand but my post is more a fear for the future. The club seem to think that a few wins and all the fans will come flooding back but habits change and many wont.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-17, 10:29 am

When I used to go to the match on a regular basis the football was just an incidental part of a day out as it was usually shit.
My interest in it as a sport has gradually declined over the years.
This started with the invention of the premier league & sky tv.
These days I'm totally apathetic to it. One time if there was a game on I'd look for a stream to watch it.
Now I don't bother. I put the radio on but even that is a chore & I'm not really listening anyway.
Multi millionaire players who don't give a flying f*ck like that arsehole Roswell & plenty more like him at other clubs.
I've been offered free tickets before & turned them down. I've seen lads in the bar who can't give them away.
That said I'll still be tuned in today.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-02-17, 10:33 am

I stopped going a long time ago but that was due to family reasons nothing to do with the club, but it strikes me that the attitude of the owner and his cost cutting is spreading to the fans ,the one thing is that once you stop going it gets harder to go back the longer u stay away and it would need something different to go back and the way things are it’s not going to get the fans back but however we are a fickle bunch and a string of wins a bit of a buzz about the place plus a new owner and things cud be different, I think this week is one of the biggest in the clubs history
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-17, 10:35 am

Billy D wrote:When I used to go to the match on a regular basis the football was just an incidental part of a day out as it was usually shit.
These days I'm totally apathetic to it. One time if there was a game on I'd look for a stream to watch it.
Now I don't bother. I put the radio on but even that is a chore & I'm not really listening anyway.
Multi millionaire players who don't give a flying f*ck like that arsehole Roswell & plenty more like him at other clubs.
I've been offered free tickets before & turned them down. I've seen lads in the bar who can't give them away.
Thing is Billy I will be there today with no thought of how much the players earn or Rodwell, Asoro, Honeyman and maybe even Robson will be my focus and I can guarantee they do give a flying f*ck.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  ohgee on 2018-02-17, 10:44 am

Because of relegation blues and then the dismal summer comings and goings I have only been to SOL 4 times this season. I and many like me are to blame for the pink gaps around the stadium despite the "27000 plus " crowds.

I feel that Coleman has made a difference and deserves to be supported by us despite the indifference of the chairman. After last weeks turnaround the signs are there for a more positive attitude in the team and he has a wider choice of players this time. A bigger and more encouraging crowd will hopefully drive them on and they certainly don't need the boo-boys on their backs.

Me and the rest of the silentish majority should be ready to roar them on this afternoon
ohgee
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-17, 10:46 am

ohgee wrote:Because of relegation blues and then the dismal summer comings and goings I have only been to SOL 4 times this season. I and many like me are to blame for the pink gaps around the stadium despite the "27000 plus " crowds.

I feel that Coleman has made a difference and deserves to be supported by us despite the indifference of the chairman. After last weeks turnaround the signs are there for a more positive attitude in the team and he has a wider choice of players this time. A bigger and more encouraging crowd will hopefully drive them on and they certainly don't need the boo-boys on their backs.

Me and the rest of the silentish majority should be ready to roar them on this afternoon
Good to hear

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-17, 11:20 am

This week and next very busy time for me, i have kept logging on to see what has been said. And have been very surprised how quiet things are considering last weekends result.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-17, 11:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:When I used to go to the match on a regular basis the football was just an incidental part of a day out as it was usually shit.
Thing is Billy I will be there today with no thought of how much the players earn or Rodwell, Asoro, Honeyman and maybe even Robson will be my focus and I can guarantee they do give a flying f*ck.
Well quite & I hope you enjoy it Syd.
I'll be making burgers.
Fresh Irish minced beef.
One grated onion.
Three beaten eggs.
1 tpn of English mustard.
2 tpn of horseradish sauce.
Freshly ground salt & black pepper.
2 pinches of mixed herbs

Method.
Put all ingredients in a large bowl.
Make sure your hands are clean, get them in there & give it all a good mix up.
Form them into patties of the size of your choice.
Once done you can fry, grill or wrap them in foil & freeze them.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-17, 1:03 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Well quite & I hope you enjoy it Syd.
I'll be making burgers.
Fresh Irish minced beef.
One grated onion.
Three beaten eggs.
1 tpn of English mustard.
2 tpn of horseradish sauce.
Freshly ground salt & black pepper.
2 pinches of mixed herbs

Method.
Put all ingredients in a large bowl.
Make sure your hands are clean, get them in there & give it all a good mix up.
Form them into patties of the size of your choice.
Once done you can fry, grill or wrap them in foil & freeze them.

Sounds good apart from the horseradish  I would use grated fresh ginger instead

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum