SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Today at 6:12 pm by gil t azell

» Weekend Weather.
Today at 3:08 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions Week 18
Today at 2:55 pm by vinkel

» From the Don
Today at 2:41 pm by Hieronymus

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
Today at 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Sartori
Today at 12:08 pm by sunderpitt

» The bad old days
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by cyprussyd

» The South Stand
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by gil t azell

» Quiz 120
Yesterday at 6:59 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Santa's already been good to me
Yesterday at 6:29 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Catts is the man

Go down

Catts is the man

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-12, 4:18 pm

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman urges squad to follow Lee Cattermole

LEE CATTERMOLE has been hailed as the man to spearhead Sunderland’s survival bid.

By Ian Murtagh / Published 12th February 2018

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lee Cattermole has been at Sunderland since 2009

The Black Cats are still in the drop zone – and facing a second successive relegation – despite Saturday’s stunning fightback at Bristol City when they scored three times in the last 20 minutes to snatch a draw.

And manager Chris Coleman wants his young players to take their lead from Cattermole.

The long-serving midfielder has his critics largely down to a poor disciplinary record and a spate of injuries during his eight seasons on Wearside.

But Coleman sees the 29-year-old as the heartbeat of his team and the key figure in Sunderland’s fight to beat the drop into League One.

“You know about Lee when he’s not there because he’s a miss,” said the former Wales boss.

“He takes loads of flak because he has been here for a long time, he’s a North East lad and he’s been relegated with us.

“But when he makes a mistake, it’s maybe because he never ducks a thing.

“He’s probably on the ball more than most and in the second half against Bristol City he drove it from the centre of the park.

“That aggression he has, that drive, dragging players around, that was vital.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]GETTY
Coleman is urging his team to follow Cattermole's example
“We’ve got some new faces and some young lads and it is the senior boys who need to lead.

“That second half revival came from Catts – he led the charge.”

Sunderland have only won one league game this year and face Brentford at the Stadium of Light this weekend knowing anything less than three points could open up a gap between themselves and those above the relegation zone.

Coleman has now challenged Cattermole’s team-mates to follow his example.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]GETTY
Cattermole has been criticised for his poor disciplinary and injury records
“He will play a vital role for the rest of the season but they’ve all got to take responsibility,” added the Black Cats’ boss.

“Just don’t duck it, don’t be afraid.

“It’s simple and old-fashioned – just show up and have a go. That’s what we need every game.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Catts is the man

Post  gil t azell on 2018-02-12, 7:10 pm

Catts is a 100% committed player. Unfortunately there are times when he should be committed. Great atitude but also slow and easily passed at times.

I think we do need him and Oshea at the minute however if we survive it would then be adios as far as I am concerned.  As has been stated before he is an average player in a poor team.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The 3 big things wrong in the 1st team

Post  mad bob on 2018-02-18, 7:13 pm

If we continue to play Catts, O'shea and Jones we WILL get relegated, people think that JOS and Catts are model pro's, they are not thats a fact.
Jones is possibly the worst out of position player we have ever had.
I know Jones from his time at WBA and he was a bit of a joke team fringe player, he was always the butt of the lads jokes.
If you think i'm mistaken have a look at WBA'S forums from when he played there.
Catts and O'shea talk up the battle cry, BUT this battle is about using your head and your heart, not just running around like a headless chicken.
I am afraid our tactics given by Coleman are not being followed because they are not intelligent enough to carry the instructions out.
I love this club but i am afraid we are DOOOMED if these 3 continue to play.
Bob
mad bob

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 7:33 pm

mad bob wrote:If we continue to play Catts, O'shea and Jones we WILL get relegated, people think that JOS and Catts are model pro's, they are not thats a fact.
I know Jones from his time at WBA and he was a bit of a joke team fringe player, he was always the butt of the lads jokes.
If you think i'm mistaken have a look at WBA'S forums from when he played there.
Catts and O'shea talk up the battle cry, BUT this battle is about using your head and your heart, not just running around like a headless chicken.
I am afraid our tactics given by Coleman are not being followed because they are not intelligent enough to carry the instructions out.
Bob
I dont know why we dropped Oviedo and left Mathews out on Saturday.
O'Shea TBF was never supposed to be a first team regular this season, a case of needs must and I can see Kone coming back in if his head is right but who partners him?
Catts I agree with Cookie but then again I am a catts fan.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-02-18, 8:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
mad bob wrote:If we continue to play Catts, O'shea and Jones we WILL get relegated, people think that JOS and Catts are model pro's, they are not thats a fact.
Bob
O'Shea TBF was never supposed to be a first team regular this season, a case of needs must and I can see Kone coming back in if his head is right but who partners him?
So was Oviedo dropped from the match day squad
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-18, 9:30 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Bob
Cookie said it was tactical

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-02-18, 9:31 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Bob
Oviedo, the club's usual first choice left-back, was subbed on the hour mark at Ashton Gate a week ago and he didn't make the squad against Brentford, with Coleman saying it was a "tactical choice".

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

E
Well that worries me if he thinks others are better 
Oviedo may not be fantastic but he is streets better than some of the others
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-19, 12:38 pm

Bob

You're not mad - you're right about Cattermole. One decent game  (or half a game) and a bunch think he's invaluable again. Coleman will come to his senses soon enough and may have already. Where was Cattermole's legendary leadership on Saturday?
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-19, 12:57 pm

Kipper wrote:
Bob

You're not mad - you're right about Cattermole. One decent game  (or half a game) and a bunch think he's invaluable again. Coleman will come to his senses soon enough and may have already. Where was Cattermole's legendary leadership on Saturday?
Being one of the ,"Bunch", I can confirm that my view is not based on half a game and Coleman like many before him being a professional football manager may just have a little more sense than some think.

On Saturday Catts like others was poor first half he was also very vocal.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-19, 3:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Bob

Being one of the ,"Bunch", I can confirm that my view is not based on half a game and Coleman like many before him being a professional football manager may just have a little more sense than some think.

On Saturday Catts like others was poor first half he was also very vocal.

Didn't really mean to question Coleman's sense, just that I think he will begin to realise that Cattermole is not the answer to us staying up.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum