SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Tonights team
Today at 12:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Quiz 102
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 2:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Well done Newcastle

Go down

Well done Newcastle

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-06, 1:57 pm

Credit where it's due:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-06, 2:21 pm

Yes they have been doing it for some time and its working well so well done indeed. Mind its sad we need food banks in the first place.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-02-06, 6:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Yes they have been doing it for some time and its working well so well done indeed. Mind its sad we need food banks in the first place.
Most of the independent bakers over here donate their unsold stuff to charities and shelters but the supermarkets allegedly just dump their sell-by stuff.  Over production at its best.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-02-06, 11:03 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Yes they have been doing it for some time and its working well so well done indeed. Mind its sad we need food banks in the first place.
Most of the independent bakers over here donate their unsold stuff to charities and shelters but the supermarkets allegedly just dump their sell-by stuff.  Over production at its best.
New World most definitely donates it. Don't know about Woollies & Pack'n'Save.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-07, 8:52 am

Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
I always put something in even if its just a can of beans.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-07, 9:01 am

Yep good on the mag fans,.

Just been on the news the govt is refusing to act and protect 'gig' workers which are one of the reasons food banks are needed
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-07, 9:06 am

Billy D wrote:Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
Yes Billy none of our politicians can take the moral high ground on this, hopefully Corbyn will be different but only time will tell.

My local Tesco also has the food bank bin and yes its customers who have to fill it and again it seems the public have to look after each other while the big companies concentrate on profit and share price.

I am in no rush to die but TBH wont be that sad to leave this wrotton unjust world behind.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-07, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
Yes Billy none of our politicians can take the moral high ground on this, hopefully Corbyn will be different but only time will tell.

My local Tesco also has the food bank bin and yes its customers who have to fill it and again it seems the public have to look after each other while the big companies concentrate on profit and share price.

I am in no rush to die but TBH wont be that sad to leave this wrotton unjust world behind.
Indeed. I agree with everything you say but what's the answer to it all.
I just have no idea.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-07, 10:41 am

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I just have no idea.
I'm not eloquent enough to give a proper answer but somehow we need to change priorities and put the people at the bottom of the pile some hope. I have just been watching a report on Redcar and how the closure of the steel industry has affected the town. A new shop has opened, a charity where you can fill a basket for £2.00. Its opened because lots of people wont use a food bank through pride but they will use their shop. One ex steel worker who was highly skilled was offered, by the task force, an apprenticeship on how to make sandwiches at Subway.

Its not just the gap between the us and them has grown but the worlds we live in has also grown. At nearly 70 little of this affects me personally, its more the NHS that interests me, we are all selfish to a degree and concentrate on what affects our lives. Every election our political leaders suddenly care and come out with lots of promises to how they will help. We all vote, the winners get in and quickly all goes back to how it was and we are again forgotten.

Can and will a Corbyn led government change this? I hope so but its a little like Sunderland, trying to turn an oil tanker with a canoe oar.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-07, 9:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I just have no idea.
I'm not eloquent enough to give a proper answer but somehow we need to change priorities and put the people at the bottom of the pile some hope. I have just been watching a report on Redcar and how the closure of the steel industry has affected the town. A new shop has opened, a charity where you can fill a basket for £2.00. Its opened because lots of people wont use a food bank through pride but they will use their shop. One ex steel worker who was highly skilled was offered, by the task force, an apprenticeship on how to make sandwiches at Subway.

Its not just the gap between the us and them has grown but the worlds we live in has also grown. At nearly 70 little of this affects me personally, its more the NHS that interests me, we are all selfish to a degree and concentrate on what affects our lives. Every election our political leaders suddenly care and come out with lots of promises to how they will help. We all vote, the winners get in and quickly all goes back to how it was and we are again forgotten.

Can and will a Corbyn led government change this? I hope so but its a little like Sunderland, trying to turn an oil tanker with a canoe oar.
Very good answer imo Syd.
I been reading Bruce Springsteen's autobiography.
He grew up in a small town in New Jersey in a very working class background.
The main place of employment for the men was the steel plant.
A lot of lads got called up for the Vietnam War.
Those that actually managed to get back found the steel plant closed.
And those jobs never came back.
Effectively, it shut the whole town.
A bit like when the pit shut in Easington.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum