SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
»  Who will be manager next season
Today at 8:08 pm by Rovertsafc

» Club announce SoL changes following relegation.
Today at 8:06 pm by Rovertsafc

» Times article Caukling (sp)
Today at 7:09 pm by lesmac

» Sunderland v Burton
Today at 7:04 pm by lesmac

» Windrush scandal
Today at 4:57 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 34
Today at 2:46 pm by canary-dave

» Fan of the Year
Today at 12:35 pm by Billy D

» Its started
Today at 12:29 pm by Billy D

» Final home game
Today at 11:07 am by canary-dave

» Well I was going to ask
Today at 10:44 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, canary-dave, Rovertsafc

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Well done Newcastle

Go down

Well done Newcastle

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-06, 1:57 pm

Credit where it's due:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-06, 2:21 pm

Yes they have been doing it for some time and its working well so well done indeed. Mind its sad we need food banks in the first place.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 44735
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-02-06, 6:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Yes they have been doing it for some time and its working well so well done indeed. Mind its sad we need food banks in the first place.
Most of the independent bakers over here donate their unsold stuff to charities and shelters but the supermarkets allegedly just dump their sell-by stuff.  Over production at its best.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3877
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-02-06, 11:03 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Yes they have been doing it for some time and its working well so well done indeed. Mind its sad we need food banks in the first place.
Most of the independent bakers over here donate their unsold stuff to charities and shelters but the supermarkets allegedly just dump their sell-by stuff.  Over production at its best.
New World most definitely donates it. Don't know about Woollies & Pack'n'Save.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9740
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-07, 8:52 am

Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
I always put something in even if its just a can of beans.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3708
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-07, 9:01 am

Yep good on the mag fans,.

Just been on the news the govt is refusing to act and protect 'gig' workers which are one of the reasons food banks are needed
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-07, 9:06 am

Billy D wrote:Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
I always put something in even if its just a can of beans.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
Yes Billy none of our politicians can take the moral high ground on this, hopefully Corbyn will be different but only time will tell.

My local Tesco also has the food bank bin and yes its customers who have to fill it and again it seems the public have to look after each other while the big companies concentrate on profit and share price.

I am in no rush to die but TBH wont be that sad to leave this wrotton unjust world behind.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 44735
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-07, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
I always put something in even if its just a can of beans.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
Yes Billy none of our politicians can take the moral high ground on this, hopefully Corbyn will be different but only time will tell.

My local Tesco also has the food bank bin and yes its customers who have to fill it and again it seems the public have to look after each other while the big companies concentrate on profit and share price.

I am in no rush to die but TBH wont be that sad to leave this wrotton unjust world behind.
Indeed. I agree with everything you say but what's the answer to it all.
I just have no idea.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3708
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-07, 10:41 am

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
I always put something in even if its just a can of beans.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
Yes Billy none of our politicians can take the moral high ground on this, hopefully Corbyn will be different but only time will tell.

My local Tesco also has the food bank bin and yes its customers who have to fill it and again it seems the public have to look after each other while the big companies concentrate on profit and share price.

I am in no rush to die but TBH wont be that sad to leave this wrotton unjust world behind.
Indeed. I agree with everything you say but what's the answer to it all.
I just have no idea.
I'm not eloquent enough to give a proper answer but somehow we need to change priorities and put the people at the bottom of the pile some hope. I have just been watching a report on Redcar and how the closure of the steel industry has affected the town. A new shop has opened, a charity where you can fill a basket for £2.00. Its opened because lots of people wont use a food bank through pride but they will use their shop. One ex steel worker who was highly skilled was offered, by the task force, an apprenticeship on how to make sandwiches at Subway.

Its not just the gap between the us and them has grown but the worlds we live in has also grown. At nearly 70 little of this affects me personally, its more the NHS that interests me, we are all selfish to a degree and concentrate on what affects our lives. Every election our political leaders suddenly care and come out with lots of promises to how they will help. We all vote, the winners get in and quickly all goes back to how it was and we are again forgotten.

Can and will a Corbyn led government change this? I hope so but its a little like Sunderland, trying to turn an oil tanker with a canoe oar.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 44735
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-07, 9:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:Our local Tesco have a wheelie bin that people can put something in as they leave the store.
This all go's to the food banks. That's from the customers like, don't know if the store contributes.
I always put something in even if its just a can of beans.
Might need to use them myself one day. You never know what might lie around the corner.
But as has been said, it's a sad state of affairs that we have to resort to such measures where people can't afford to feed themselves due to uncaring governments & I include Bliar & Brown in that.
Yes Billy none of our politicians can take the moral high ground on this, hopefully Corbyn will be different but only time will tell.

My local Tesco also has the food bank bin and yes its customers who have to fill it and again it seems the public have to look after each other while the big companies concentrate on profit and share price.

I am in no rush to die but TBH wont be that sad to leave this wrotton unjust world behind.
Indeed. I agree with everything you say but what's the answer to it all.
I just have no idea.
I'm not eloquent enough to give a proper answer but somehow we need to change priorities and put the people at the bottom of the pile some hope. I have just been watching a report on Redcar and how the closure of the steel industry has affected the town. A new shop has opened, a charity where you can fill a basket for £2.00. Its opened because lots of people wont use a food bank through pride but they will use their shop. One ex steel worker who was highly skilled was offered, by the task force, an apprenticeship on how to make sandwiches at Subway.

Its not just the gap between the us and them has grown but the worlds we live in has also grown. At nearly 70 little of this affects me personally, its more the NHS that interests me, we are all selfish to a degree and concentrate on what affects our lives. Every election our political leaders suddenly care and come out with lots of promises to how they will help. We all vote, the winners get in and quickly all goes back to how it was and we are again forgotten.

Can and will a Corbyn led government change this? I hope so but its a little like Sunderland, trying to turn an oil tanker with a canoe oar.
Very good answer imo Syd.
I been reading Bruce Springsteen's autobiography.
He grew up in a small town in New Jersey in a very working class background.
The main place of employment for the men was the steel plant.
A lot of lads got called up for the Vietnam War.
Those that actually managed to get back found the steel plant closed.
And those jobs never came back.
Effectively, it shut the whole town.
A bit like when the pit shut in Easington.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3708
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Newcastle

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum