SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
»  Who will be manager next season
Today at 8:08 pm by Rovertsafc

» Club announce SoL changes following relegation.
Today at 8:06 pm by Rovertsafc

» Times article Caukling (sp)
Today at 7:09 pm by lesmac

» Sunderland v Burton
Today at 7:04 pm by lesmac

» Windrush scandal
Today at 4:57 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 34
Today at 2:46 pm by canary-dave

» Fan of the Year
Today at 12:35 pm by Billy D

» Its started
Today at 12:29 pm by Billy D

» Final home game
Today at 11:07 am by canary-dave

» Well I was going to ask
Today at 10:44 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, canary-dave, Rovertsafc

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Time to get my positive head back on

Go down

Time to get my positive head back on

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-06, 7:59 am

Yes that irritation of all irritations, "Syd's positive head" is back.

I have said it before and the past few days have proved it, I can't and won't allow myself to live in a world that is not positive, it depresses me.

And yes there are far more important things in life than football, god the past week has shown that with a vengeance but for me football is still very important. Football is an escape from the life and the unfairness, unhappiness and pain that life throws up on a daily basis. My daily life is great compared to so many others on SunderMad but it consists of the mundane chores, yesterday was shopping and ironing around the everyday tasks that go with having a partner in constant pain, frustrated that she can no longer play a full part in what is a partnership.

Like so many on here life would bring us down with the unfairness it brings, I survive by doing what I have always done, be positive and work and live for what will hopefully be better times ahead.

So how the feck can anyone be positive about our beloved team?

Well the negatives are all there and debated on a weekly basis but the positives are also there if we want to see them.

In Coleman we have, IMO, a manager who gets what Sunderland are all about and is fully committed with eyes wide open to the challenge.
Against Hull and again on Saturday we saw glimpses of what can be achieved with the kids we have and the new ones brought in.

The new players had 48 hours to prepare for Saturday's game and that included medicals, travel, moving into a hotel in a strange and new part of the country and meeting new team mates, I dont underestimate how big a deal that is.

A full weeks work, familiarisation and settling in should make a big difference and it also gives Cookie time to work on his best starting 11.

I read we have 16 games left and we need to win at least half, I disagree. We have 16 games left and need to win probably two more than 3 other teams at the bottom, a far more realistic task.

So come on boys and girls, those still up for the fight get fighting and everyone else enjoy your alternative escapes.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to get my positive head back on

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-06, 8:03 am

See what a positive head does,brings positive news

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman is set to be provided with a welcome boost in the form of Welsh midfielder Jonny Williams, who played 90 minutes for the U23s last night in their win over West Ham United.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wales international completes ninety minutes for U23s; Set for Sunderland 1st team return?
Sunderland manager Chris Coleman is set to be provided with a welcome boost in the form of Welsh midfielder Jonny Williams, who played 90 minutes for the…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-06, 8:47 am

cyprussyd wrote:See what a positive head does,brings positive news

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman is set to be provided with a welcome boost in the form of Welsh midfielder Jonny Williams, who played 90 minutes for the U23s last night in their win over West Ham United.

Wales international completes ninety minutes for U23s; Set for Sunderland 1st team return?
Sunderland manager Chris Coleman is set to be provided with a welcome boost in the form of Welsh midfielder Jonny Williams, who played 90 minutes for the…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
And the icing on the cake, Jack played last night. Oh joy.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-06, 9:16 am

Was it in the movie 'Life of Brian' the Song 'Always look on the bright side of life' was sung whilst Brian was being crucified?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-06, 9:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:See what a positive head does,brings positive news

ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

A definite positive in my book, but who loses out if Williams is in the squad? Only 5 loanees allowed.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum