SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Seems insane.
Today at 6:06 pm by Billy D

» Sunderland v The Boro
Today at 5:29 pm by vinkel

» Emma Chambers rip
Today at 5:27 pm by vinkel

» Quiz 86
Yesterday at 10:33 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS FROM BBC
Yesterday at 9:51 pm by Billy D

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 26
Yesterday at 7:12 pm by oldblackcat

» Could have new owner by weekend
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by Billy D

» The concern about Short
Yesterday at 2:21 pm by Billy D

» Stadium of Plight
Yesterday at 7:45 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, canary-dave, gil t azell, Kipper, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Fight to the end

Go down

Fight to the end

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-05, 4:00 am

Being a Sunderland fan has meant many a season fighting to the end but this February morning I find myself suffering from the affliction that age is bringing me, the inability to sleep through the night, 3.14 in the morning and I have been up for just over an hour.

It's not all bad, the quiet of the night, a coffee and alone with my thoughts is a tiring yet tranquil time but a time that takes me to thoughts of Sunderland and the realisation that I may not have a lot of fight left in me.

I hope and pray that Coleman can find the answers needed and find them quickly and the optimist in me is convinced he will but, and that but is pushing itself to the front of my mind more and more, what if there is no answer?

There is little pleasure in going to games right now but my seat is paid for and I feel I owe it to Cookie to turn up and give whatever support I can, that will remain until season end. But when that season card renewal pack drops on my doormat around May what will I do, will there be any fight left?

If we are looking like we have found the answers, are winning games and winning games has taken over from good performances, only points matter now, win games and I will be persuaded, it never takes much to persuade me, renew and the fight goes on.

But what if those wins are still passing us by and my worst fears are becoming a reality, from established premier league club to first division in a season.

If that happens the end of my fight may have arrived, I will still go to games but maybe not all games, maybe my season card will become a pick and choose game by game ticket.

I find it very depressing that the club I love have driven me here, even more depressing is the fact that I am only one of many, I really dont want to become an armchair supporter and that's not being critical of those who are, I just dont want to become one.

I lead a fairly quiet life these days, have no desire to be busy, I had years of busy and find the quiet life suits me just fine thank you very much. Retirement suits me, within the next hour I will return to my bed and to sleep knowing that I have the freedom to stay in bed until I'm ready to get up, no kids, dogs or appointments to concern me.

Retirement brought me the time to enjoy my one great passion, SAFC and the financial freedom to pay for my season card without worry. Of course when that passion is Sunderland then you accept that it will bring disappointment and pain along the way but we are not alone in that. But it also brings, or brought the Gus Bus to Wembley, Di Canio's knee slide at Sid James Park, the great escapes, the hopes and dreams of better times ahead.

My anger with the club is that it's taking away those hopes and dreams, taking away my pleasure and my passion. Personally I dont blame Coleman or the players, the players are what they are, kids starting out, doing their best and trying to learn quickly. Alongside are O'Shea who should not have to play every game and Cattermole who probably can no longer play every game but needs must. Yes I can and do blame Kone and Rodwell who are deliberately stealing my pleasure and my passion.

I personally don't blame Bane who IMO inherited a mess that he is trying to clean up, I dont even blame Short for wanting out but I do blame him for walking away from his responsibilities of doing all he can to ensure success while he is still here.

I talk a lot about my fellow travellers on the Coxhoe branch bus, many of the younger fans have given up months ago, the pub won them over and I can understand that.But I see those who are left, many in my age group who share years of loyal support, share the hopes and passion that I feel. We can't give millions but we give what we can financially in renewing our season cards. But we also give something that Short seems to miss, our time, our support, our loyalty.

We are not daft even though I can see why people may think we are,surely you have to be daft to continue turning up but no, we understand the rules. We fans give our time and commitment, owners tell us how they value us but when the going gets tough they desert us.

I will continue to fight till the end but I fear the end is getting very near but sadly I also know that if I stop going I will not be missed, Short won't notice my empty seat, I doubt if he will see it from America but Mr Short I am one of those die hard fans yo say you value so much.

Why don't I feel valued,time for bed.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fight to the end

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-05, 5:30 am

cyprussyd wrote:Being a Sunderland fan has meant many a season fighting to the end but this February morning I find myself suffering from the affliction that age is bringing me, the inability to sleep through the night, 3.14 in the morning and I have been up for just over an hour.

It's not all bad, the quiet of the night, a coffee and alone with my thoughts is a tiring yet tranquil time but a time that takes me to thoughts of Sunderland and the realisation that I may not have a lot of fight left in me.

I hope and pray that Coleman can find the answers needed and find them quickly and the optimist in me is convinced he will but, and that but is pushing itself to the front of my mind more and more, what if there is no answer?

There is little pleasure in going to games right now but my seat is paid for and I feel I owe it to Cookie to turn up and give whatever support I can, that will remain until season end. But when that season card renewal pack drops on my doormat around May what will I do, will there be any fight left?

If we are looking like we have found the answers, are winning games and winning games has taken over from good performances, only points matter now, win games and I will be persuaded, it never takes much to persuade me, renew and the fight goes on.

But what if those wins are still passing us by and my worst fears are becoming a reality, from established premier league club to first division in a season.

If that happens the end of my fight may have arrived, I will still go to games but maybe not all games, maybe my season card will become a pick and choose game by game ticket.

I find it very depressing that the club I love have driven me here, even more depressing is the fact that I am only one of many, I really dont want to become an armchair supporter and that's not being critical of those who are, I just dont want to become one.

I lead a fairly quiet life these days, have no desire to be busy, I had years of busy and find the quiet life suits me just fine thank you very much. Retirement suits me, within the next hour I will return to my bed and to sleep knowing that I have the freedom to stay in bed until I'm ready to get up, no kids, dogs or appointments to concern me.

Retirement brought me the time to enjoy my one great passion, SAFC and the financial freedom to pay for my season card without worry. Of course when that passion is Sunderland then you accept that it will bring disappointment and pain along the way but we are not alone in that. But it also brings, or brought the Gus Bus to Wembley, Di Canio's knee slide at Sid James Park, the great escapes, the hopes and dreams of better times ahead.

My anger with the club is that it's taking away those hopes and dreams, taking away my pleasure and my passion. Personally I dont blame Coleman or the players, the players are what they are, kids starting out, doing their best and trying to learn quickly. Alongside are O'Shea who should not have to play every game and Cattermole who probably can no longer play every game but needs must. Yes I can and do blame Kone and Rodwell who are deliberately stealing my pleasure and my passion.

I personally don't blame Bane who IMO inherited a mess that he is trying to clean up, I dont even blame Short for wanting out but I do blame him for walking away from his responsibilities of doing all he can to ensure success while he is still here.

I talk a lot about my fellow travellers on the Coxhoe branch bus, many of the younger fans have given up months ago, the pub won them over and I can understand that.But I see those who are left, many in my age group who share years of loyal support, share the hopes and passion that I feel. We can't give millions but we give what we can financially in renewing our season cards. But we also give something that Short seems to miss, our time, our support, our loyalty.

We are not daft even though I can see why people may think we are,surely you have to be daft to continue turning up but no, we understand the rules. We fans give our time and commitment, owners tell us how they value us but when the going gets tough they desert us.

I will continue to fight till the end but I fear the end is getting very near but sadly I also know that if I stop going I will not be missed, Short won't notice my empty seat, I doubt if he will see it from America but Mr Short I am one of those die hard fans yo say you value so much.

Syd I feel for you  I really do. It's a feeling of helplessness and utter despair but I'm sure Cookie will turn things around  

Patience and KTF  That's all you can do

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-02-05, 6:03 am

Chin up Syd, SAFC will ALWAYS be the club of the people long after the monies been squirreled away overseas.
Your decision as I see it, will only be should we drop to lower divisions, do you have the desire to watch from a quarter full stadium at best or prefer to watch a local club team via the sideline to get your fix of footballers endeavoring to do their best season after season regardless of their results.
On a personal level I've been very lucky to regularly watch professional matches around the world but putting the atmosphere and skill aside, to honest the most pleasurably is watching amateur players whom toil week in week out in between holding down full-time jobs and raising a family that really brings out the love of football in me.
Keep well our friend, now get some sleep!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-05, 8:06 am

Long post's as this i normally skip through, but i read this fro start to finish and i totally understand how you feel. Quite a while back i declared i would not return to the sol until Short had gone. Well i relented twice, home to Shef U and Barnsley. And on both occasions  i wished i hadn't.
Right now i have things in my life much more important to me than sitting in a half empty silent stadium being thoroughly depressed. The Barnsley game i actually left with 20 minutes to go, i just couldn't take anymore.
But as i have said i totally understand you, being a Sunderland fan gets in your entire being, it becomes part of you that you just can't let go.
These modern youg so called fans who think singing 'if you hate Newcastle clap your hands ' and come out with stupid statements like ' i don't  care if we only win 2 games a year as long as it's  the mags. Makes me despair.
I keep saying to myself i am going to 'just let it go ' but i can't. Being a true Sunderland fan is with you for life.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-05, 6:20 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Being a Sunderland fan has meant many a season fighting to the end but this February morning I find myself suffering from the affliction that age is bringing me, the inability to sleep through the night, 3.14 in the morning and I have been up for just over an hour.

Syd I feel for you  I really do. It's a feeling of helplessness and utter despair but I'm sure Cookie will turn things around  

Patience and KTF  That's all you can do
I never lose the faith and hope Dave but its getting harder to hang on to. I do however have faith in Cookie.
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Chin up Syd, SAFC will ALWAYS be the club of the people long after the monies been squirreled away overseas.
Your decision as I see it, will only be should we drop to lower divisions, do you have the desire to watch from a quarter full stadium at best or prefer to watch a local club team via the sideline to get your fix of footballers endeavoring to do their best season after season regardless of their results.
On a personal level I've been very lucky to regularly watch professional matches around the world but putting the atmosphere and skill aside, to honest the most pleasurably is watching amateur players whom toil week in week out in between holding down full-time jobs and raising a family that really brings out the love of football in me.
Keep well our friend, now get some sleep!
Now BCK this takes me to my rather strange view on football, I like Sunderland, my team. I also enjoy some premier games on TV, loved Liverpool v Spurs but never watch and dont enjoy lower league and none league.
vinkel wrote:Long post's as this i normally skip through, but i read this fro start to finish and i totally understand how you feel. Quite a while back i declared i would not return to the sol until Short had gone. Well i relented twice, home to Shef U and Barnsley. And on both occasions  i wished i hadn't.
Right now i have things in my life much more important to me than sitting in a half empty silent stadium being thoroughly depressed. The Barnsley game i actually left with 20 minutes to go, i just couldn't take anymore.
But as i have said i totally understand you, being a Sunderland fan gets in your entire being, it becomes part of you that you just can't let go.
These modern youg so called fans who think singing 'if you hate Newcastle clap your hands ' and come out with stupid statements like ' i don't  care if we only win 2 games a year as long as it's  the mags. Makes me despair.
I keep saying to myself i am going to 'just let it go ' but i can't. Being a true Sunderland fan is with you for life.
Strange thing is Vink I like the smaller crowds, more intimate and I get home 10 minutes earlier.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum