SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Tonights team
Today at 12:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Quiz 102
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 2:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Lets assume

Go down

Lets assume

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 6:08 pm

We finish the season in mid table after a very good second half to the season.

Club chairman and owners from the top of the championship and a number in the premiership would look and think, "That Coleman chap seems a nice man who has turned Sunderland round with no money"?

If they came knocking would Cookie crumble and move on? See what I did there.

Or

Would Cookie be the catalyst for a new owner with money to spare that would convince Cookie that he could become a legend here|?

Just thinking aloud, again.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets assume

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-01, 6:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We finish the season in mid table after a very good second half to the season.

Club chairman and owners from the top of the championship and a number in the premiership would look and think, "That Coleman chap seems a nice man who has turned Sunderland round with no money"?

Or

Would Cookie be the catalyst for a new owner with money to spare that would convince Cookie that he could become a legend here|?

Making jokes and thinking all in the 1 post, the meds must be working.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 6:14 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:We finish the season in mid table after a very good second half to the season.

Or

Making jokes and thinking all in the 1 post, the meds must be working.
and typing, thats 3 things

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-02-01, 6:56 pm

Unless things improve I fully expect CC to walk away.

When your getting very little support from higher authority it could be he bails out. I dont think he's credibility would suffer as everyone knows we are a mess. 

PS, He may lose some credibility for taking the job in the 1st place.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 7:34 pm

gil t azell wrote:Unless things improve I fully expect CC to walk away.

When your getting very little support from higher authority it could be he bails out. I dont think he's credibility would suffer as everyone knows we are a mess. 

After reading Banes comments at the recent meeting with fans groups I have a totally different view Gill.

Coleman was well aware of the financial restraints when he accepted the job and Shorts view on investment..

MB confirmed SAFC are committed to repaying or refinancing by July 2019. This secured debt is one of the outgoings that must be serviced, and the owner is committed to servicing that debt. b) Is the current lack of spending on player transfers related to this need? Not in itself but as one of a number of things that is resulting in an inability to invest as much into player recruitment as he would like. The owner is still “writing cheques” to cover deficits in running the club. c) How can we be competitive on the field and meet these financial obligations? He believes Chris Coleman, despite how it might look by some recent on the pitch performance, is changing the culture and mindset of the playing squad. In terms of player recruitment, we are primarily operating in the loan market and working hard to bring in players with the right attitude and desire. He would like to recruit beyond loans but that is not possible within the current financial situation. 

Bane inherited a dire financial mess and I believe that Coleman has bought into what Bane is trying to do, yes it is proving harder than he thought but I am confident we will beat the drop and some money will be available in the summer to bring in permanent transfers as well as loans.

IMO Coleman sees this as a chance to turn the club round and bring success, I cant see him walking.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-02-01, 7:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

After reading Banes comments at the recent meeting with fans groups I have a totally different view Gill.

Coleman was well aware of the financial restraints when he accepted the job and Shorts view on investment..

MB confirmed SAFC are committed to repaying or refinancing by July 2019. This secured debt is one of the outgoings that must be serviced, and the owner is committed to servicing that debt. b) Is the current lack of spending on player transfers related to this need? Not in itself but as one of a number of things that is resulting in an inability to invest as much into player recruitment as he would like. The owner is still “writing cheques” to cover deficits in running the club. c) How can we be competitive on the field and meet these financial obligations? He believes Chris Coleman, despite how it might look by some recent on the pitch performance, is changing the culture and mindset of the playing squad. In terms of player recruitment, we are primarily operating in the loan market and working hard to bring in players with the right attitude and desire. He would like to recruit beyond loans but that is not possible within the current financial situation. 

Bane inherited a dire financial mess and I believe that Coleman has bought into what Bane is trying to do, yes it is proving harder than he thought but I am confident we will beat the drop and some money will be available in the summer to bring in permanent transfers as well as loans.

IMO Coleman sees this as a chance to turn the club round and bring success, I cant see him walking.
To be fair I wasnt aware of that Syd but that has cheered me up no end. Like stated earlier tho I worry another club comes in for him. lets hope the 2nd half of the season we stay up and CC has a team that although young has the experience of almost a season playing together.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-02-01, 7:43 pm

Two months into the job and we surprised the football world by getting him.  He knew what he was walking into and maybe we had a "show me before you get money" condition  discussed and agreed.

The team will be his by season's end so we all stand or fall together.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-01, 8:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

It has been said in other posts in this thread that Coleman knew what faced him when he accepted the job. I don't think he is a quitter and I do think that he lives and works applying good set of principles. Those qualities together with a squad of players, mostly put together by him, and the passion of the supporters will see a gradual but positive improvement of Sunderland AFC.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 8:45 pm

I dont think he will walk but could he be poached

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-02-02, 11:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I dont think he will walk but could he be poached
I tend to concur with many a desperate owner prepared to roll the big money dice to ensure survival. What's 3/4M after all with the prize money available.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum