SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Djilobodji
Today at 12:19 pm by cyprussyd

» 2018/19 League
Today at 12:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» Tonights team
Today at 10:59 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 4:53 am by Nostalgic

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

Back to basics

Go down

Back to basics

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 4:24 am

Now that the transfer window is closed I want SunderMad to get back to the basic principles it was formed on. 

For quite some time it has, IMO, been drifting away from those principles and we have forgot just why the forum was created. Yes we are a quiet forum and always have been and many good posters have left us for many reasons.

Our team do little to help with a constant menu of failure leaving doom and gloom all around us after the latest let down, I am Mr Positive but doom and gloom are also in my head, how could they not be but that is no excuse for me letting basic standards slip.

I am well aware that some have left because of me and my style, yes I have strong views and voice them and yes I am passionate about Sunderland. I have always made my feelings known and tend to always take the crowd on rather than follow it, not a good trait I know. That said I always welcome a challenge and hope I can enjoy passionate debate without falling out with anyone. I disagree with Sunderpit on just about everything but most games see us have a chat and shake hands, I dont think we have ever fallen out because we have different views and hope we never will.

So please remember why SunderMad is here, passionate debate, freedom to give your views and opinion but all with mutual respect and decency.

There are plenty of more popular forums where anything goes and they are the forums to let rip.

I dont want to start banning people or fighting them but it's time to get back to basics and that is what we will be doing, I hope you will support me in that.

I am also open to ideas of making the forum better, indeed I have no problem with anyone else running it and I will take a step back and just post, if anyone fancies taking over the day to day running just PM me.

So the original SunderMad starts today, thanks for your support.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to basics

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-02-01, 6:27 am

My three penny worth for what it's worth ( nowt I guess ) .
There is a distinct line between banter on the slightly rude side which raises a chuckle and total utter pointless sleeze dropped into any topics thread ,,,, I gutter talk with the best , but on here NOT ACCEPTABLE . 
There is another line that is clear to all , friendly banter and argument and disagreement which is not 'arse' licking ( although I think a lot of that is on this forum ) in comparison to rude obnoxious behaviour to anyone with an alternative point of view , NOT ACCEPTABLE .
This apparent need to be confrontational and argumentative irrespective of the topic , a kind of bullying I thought most would abhor .
Continual deviation from a threads initial content is , it seems the norm on here , no wonder many do not post regularly or do not even post at all now . 
Me I am fed up of the crap posts , I am fed up of wasting my time trawling through childish nonsense to find a snippet of information . I come here to find out about the team I left behind in the UK , unfortunately that is so diluted with rubbish it seems just about not worth my while . 
I cannot comment on what the other forums are like , I never visit them , I cannot comment on what Sundermads initial stance was , I wasn't here . What I do know for sure is that  useful information from only a  few posters is getting drowned out by nonsense , cheap talk in the short time I have visited this site . 
I wonder if we are mainly around the 40-dead age group or are in reality 6 year old keyboard malakas .
Would be a shame if the minority ruin it for the rest . 
Like I say just my opinion .

I will add this just so you know I do not just go with the flow , but respect an opposite opinion and do not have to shout it down , I am not from the happy clappy positive side of the tracks like Syd ( I however do admire his unwavering positive attitude to SAFC and I guess what his life has thrown at him ) I disagree on a lot of his 'take' on issues , but that is called debate and respect for an alternative viewpoint and does occasionally make me pause and consider my own thought process . 
Unlike 99.9% on here my political view such as it is , was the total opposite to most of yours , do I give a monkeys ? would it stop me having a drink with you ? would I cross the street to avoid contamination ? would I disrespect you on here ? NO none of those , as a site it should be free for all without fear of abuse or insult and should be with respect of others views without need for confrontation and rude pointless attack . 

Have a good day and BE NICE .

Last edited by cretanmakem on 2018-02-01, 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 6:31 am

cretanmakem wrote:My three penny worth for what it's worth ( nowt I guess ) .
There is a distinct line between banter on the slightly rude side which raises a chuckle and total utter pointless sleeze dropped into any topics thread ,,,, I gutter talk with the best , but on here NOT ACCEPTABLE . 
There is another line that is clear to all , friendly banter and argument and disagreement which is not 'arse' licking ( although I think a lot of that is on this forum ) in comparison to rude obnoxious behaviour to anyone with an alternative point of view , NOT ACCEPTABLE .
This apparent need to be confrontational and argumentative irrespective of the topic , a kind of bullying I thought most would abhor .
Continual deviation from a threads initial content is , it seems the norm on here , no wonder many do not post regularly or do not even post at all now . 
Me I am fed up of the crap posts , I am fed up of wasting my time trawling through childish nonsense to find a snippet of information . I come here to find out about the team I left behind in the UK , unfortunately that is so diluted with rubbish it seems just about not worth my while . 
I cannot comment on what the other forums are like , I never visit them , I cannot comment on what Sundermads initial stance was , I wasn't here . What I do know for sure is that  useful information from only a  few posters is getting drowned out by nonsense , cheap talk in the short time I have visited this site . 
I wonder if we are mainly around the 40-dead age group or are in reality 6 year old keyboard malakas .
Excellent post IMO.
Your point about keeping on topic is a good one and one I will try and follow. I am guilty of going off at tangents but you are right, keep on topic.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-01, 6:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Excellent post IMO.
Your point about keeping on topic is a good one and one I will try and follow. I am guilty of going off at tangents but you are right, keep on topic.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-01, 7:09 am

Still a decent forum as far as I'm concerned. People occasionally fall out, so what? If the same things were said in the pub, we'd still all leave at the end of the night with no hard feelings. Let's not take things too personally as I haven't really seen any personal attacks. People feel strongly so words may be used that wind people up. Let's think before we take offence.

Could do with more posters and that's about it.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-01, 8:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:Now that the transfer window is closed I want SunderMad to get back to the basic principles it was formed on. 

For quite some time it has, IMO, been drifting away from those principles and we have forgot just why the forum was created. Yes we are a quiet forum and always have been and many good posters have left us for many reasons.

Our team do little to help with a constant menu of failure leaving doom and gloom all around us after the latest let down, I am Mr Positive but doom and gloom are also in my head, how could they not be but that is no excuse for me letting basic standards slip.

I am well aware that some have left because of me and my style, yes I have strong views and voice them and yes I am passionate about Sunderland. I have always made my feelings known and tend to always take the crowd on rather than follow it, not a good trait I know. That said I always welcome a challenge and hope I can enjoy passionate debate without falling out with anyone. I disagree with Sunderpit on just about everything but most games see us have a chat and shake hands, I dont think we have ever fallen out because we have different views and hope we never will.

So please remember why SunderMad is here, passionate debate, freedom to give your views and opinion but all with mutual respect and decency.

There are plenty of more popular forums where anything goes and they are the forums to let rip.

I dont want to start banning people or fighting them but it's time to get back to basics and that is what we will be doing, I hope you will support me in that.

I am also open to ideas of making the forum better, indeed I have no problem with anyone else running it and I will take a step back and just post, if anyone fancies taking over the day to day running just PM me.

Whatever you decide is ok by me, i don't know the original sundermad as it was, as obviously i have only been here a couple of years. But i think i would have liked it.
As to my humour, i know it is unconventional/bordering odd. Apparently i may have inadvertently upset you recently, not my intention whatsoever, for that i do apologise. It was just my way of trying to diffuse a situation with humour  ( didn't work ). So if i overstep the mark again please just tell me to shut up.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 8:39 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Now that the transfer window is closed I want SunderMad to get back to the basic principles it was formed on. 

Whatever you decide is ok by me, i don't know the original sundermad as it was, as obviously i have only been here a couple of years. But i think i would have liked it.
As to my humour, i know it is unconventional/bordering odd. Apparently i may have inadvertently upset you recently, not my intention whatsoever, for that i do apologise. It was just my way of trying to diffuse a situation with humour  ( didn't work ). So if i overstep the mark again please just tell me to shut up.
No need for any apologies Vinkle.
SunderMad came about because many of us were on BBC 606 and when it closed joined not606, many still use both.not606 became to abusive for many of us so I formed SunderMad with the aim of a forum with humour debate but mutual respect. Passion yes and honest opinions but a grown up forum.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-02-01, 10:28 am

Yes let's get back to the original intentions of the forum. For too long we have had this in fighting which, I know, was starting to get on the nerves of many in here.

I feel sorry that some have left because of syd's forthright views. It would be a sad day indeed if he stopped putting in his tuppenceworth (showing my age there). He says things from his heart and his passion for SAFC. Many things he writes I agree with and some I don't. But let's be honest there are two sides to any viewpoint.... mine and the wrong one  Wink   Razz .   

We don't want to end up like not606 was which caused many of us to leave it.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-02-01, 10:43 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Excellent post IMO.
Can't disagree with any of this. 
I would just add that when posting members should remember that when posting on here, Facebook or any other social media it is always difficult to convey emotion and context. Sitting in a pub we can see each other's faces, tongue in cheek, a cheeky wink or smile, all of which can temper a statement. 
Maybe a greater use of the emoticons to our right would help with that.
Let's stay positive about ourselves and the team Very Happy
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-01, 10:44 am

Lever Malone wrote:Yes let's get back to the original intentions of the forum. For too long we have had this in fighting which, I know, was starting to get on the nerves of many in here.

I feel sorry that some have left because of syd's forthright views. It would be a sad day indeed if he stopped putting in his tuppenceworth (showing my age there). He says things from his heart and his passion for SAFC. Many things he writes I agree with and some I don't. But let's be honest there are two sides to any viewpoint.... mine and the wrong one  Wink   Razz .   

We don't want to end up like not606 was which caused many of us to leave it.

APPL

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-02-01, 3:01 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Excellent post IMO.
Can't disagree with any of this. 
I would just add that when posting members should remember that when posting on here, Facebook or any other social media it is always difficult to convey emotion and context. Sitting in a pub we can see each other's faces, tongue in cheek, a cheeky wink or smile, all of which can temper a statement. 
Maybe a greater use of the emoticons to our right would help with that.
Let's stay positive about ourselves and the team Very Happy
Your post is so valid Mackemneil.  I thought I had upset a poster on here the other day, looking back at my post in just plain black and white I was embarrassed to see how easily it could be taken out of context. A smile, twinkle of the eye or tone of your voice often says a lot more than the actual words.

I’m fairly inexperienced with social media forums but I’m learning to think before pressing send.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 4:11 pm

Thank you for your comments and support.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-02-01, 6:14 pm

A bit late but I could not let this opportunity slip by.

Relegation hit us all hard, but last season the negativity by some just went off the scale. So far Coleman has the general support of the fans but for how much longer if results do not improve.  I do no want to open old wounds or start another blame game period but so long as we have eleven lads out there giving the all that is enough for me. Passion for the team is what drives most things on at any club, the running of it, or the funding are just incidentals.  Prem or not Sunderland needs the fans to be behind the team through whatever.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-01, 8:15 pm

Nostalgic wrote:A bit late but I could not let this opportunity slip by.

Relegation hit us all hard, but last season the negativity by some just went off the scale. So far Coleman has the general support of the fans but for how much longer if results do not improve.  I do no want to open old wounds or start another blame game period but so long as we have eleven lads out there giving the all that is enough for me. Passion for the team is what drives most things on at any club, the running of it, or the funding are just incidentals.  Prem or not Sunderland needs the fans to be behind the team through whatever.
IMO One of the truest and best posts on SunderMad for a long time 

like like like
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-02, 8:54 am

I quite enjoy taking the opposite view to Syd and vice versa.

It would however be good if we were disputing how good the player/team are instead of what degree of crap they are. Then you have Roswell, I think only his Mum and manager are defending hin now almost universal agreement on that.

Undoubtedly the club is in the mire and there is a fair chance we will be relegated again.. I really really hope not.. but will our rag, tag and bobtail and young players.. stop playing with fear that Oviedo talks about..we will soon one

As to throwing toys out of prawns.. Brian Clough once said if somebody had a different point of view yo him..  he sat down with them and soon they agreed with him... I am not saying Syd/Billy are like that but it' fun to read them squabbling 

How long before it starts again
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 9:11 am

sunderpitt wrote:I quite enjoy taking the opposite view to Syd and vice versa.

It would however be good if we were disputing how good the player/team are instead of what degree of crap they are. Then you have Roswell, I think only his Mum and manager are defending hin now almost universal agreement on that.

Undoubtedly the club is in the mire and there is a fair chance we will be relegated again.. I really really hope not.. but will our rag, tag and bobtail and young players.. stop playing with fear that Oviedo talks about..we will soon one

As to throwing toys out of prawns.. Brian Clough once said if somebody had a different point of view yo him..  he sat down with them and soon they agreed with him... I am not saying Syd/Billy are like that but it' fun to read them squabbling 

It wont and the back to basics is about the forum not Billy. We are losing good posters and I know I chase some.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-02, 10:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:

It wont and the back to basics is about the forum not Billy. We are losing good posters and I know I chase some.

Nah I doubt you do Syd.. I quite like Billy but some of stuff is too near knuckle I suspect
 But I doubt that is the problem either... or seems as the club sinks so the number of posters declines.. when we are on the up again they will come back
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-02, 11:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Nah I doubt you do Syd.. I quite like Billy but some of stuff is too near knuckle I suspect
 But I doubt that is the problem either... or seems as the club sinks so the number of posters declines.. when we are on the up again they will come back
Forums to me are a bit like a cyber bar - a place to go for a bit natter.
This one reminds me of my local WMC.
The same half dozen owld codgers sitting there watching the horse racing every afternoon talking the same shite.
Still, I enjoy it.  Very Happy
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-02, 12:07 pm

Billy D wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

The same half dozen owld codgers sitting there watching the horse racing every afternoon talking the same shite.
I am quite regular, every morning after breakfast. And i can honestly say i have no 2 days the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-02, 12:12 pm

Sorry about my last reply, this the type of attitude we are trying to rid

Its just that strange humour of mine.

Last edited by vinkel on 2018-02-02, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-02, 12:14 pm

vinkel wrote:
Billy D wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I am quite regular, every morning after breakfast. And i can honestly say i have no 2 days the same.
Aye, crumpets one day, eggs on toast the next.
Or are you on about having an Ertha Kitt?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-02, 12:15 pm

vinkel wrote:Sorry about my last reply, this the type of attitude we are trying to rid

Its just that strange humour of mine.
Sorry - misread.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-02, 12:52 pm

I was just reading a detective novel that involved several deaths of young teenage girls who were obsessed with a boy band.

What these fans do  via the forums etc to do with the boy band is praise the boys in the band and declare their love and claim to be their most devotef fan
However like a pack of wolves they turn viciously on any poster who does not toe the party line. In this story it led to suicide and murders.

A cautionary tale  Wink

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2018-02-02, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-02-02, 1:23 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I was just reading a detective novel that involved several deaths of young teenage girls who were obsessed with a boy band.

What these fans do  via the forums etc to do with the boy band is praise the boys in the band and declare their love and vlaim to be their most devotef fan
However like a pack of wolves they turn viciously on any poster who does not toe the party line. In this story it led to suicide and murders.

A cautionary tale  Wink
Lol.  Laughing
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 2:54 pm

I think this thread has served its purpose so time to lock it before it goes off track

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum