SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

» Get well very soon Annette ..
Yesterday at 3:14 pm by Hieronymus

» MAJA
Yesterday at 2:57 pm by Hieronymus

» i walked past doctors surgery this morning
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Bedlam on Transfer day.

Go down

Bedlam on Transfer day.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-31, 10:03 pm

NDong and Steele out

Clarke-Salter
Lua Lua
Ejarias
Camp
Fletcher in

A lot better than we thought if they allgo through

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bedlam on Transfer day.

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-31, 10:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:NDong and Steele out

Clarke-Salter
Lua Lua
Ejarias
Camp
Fletcher in

I blame Bain.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-31, 10:05 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:NDong and Steele out

Clarke-Salter
Lua Lua
Ejarias
Camp
Fletcher in

I blame Bain.
naughty boy

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 4:36 am

Written by OSCAR CHAMBERLAIN
01 FEBRUARY, 2018

%C2%A0Facebook]=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/january/deadline-day-round-up] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/january/deadline-day-round-up&text=Review a busy day on Wearside&] Twitter[/url]

It was a busy day on Wearside as four players arrived and the January transfer window slammed shut.
After seeing Lewis Grabban and James Vaughan depart, Chris Coleman has been seeking attacking reinforcements to bolster his forward line.
And with time running out, the Welshman got his man.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Following Tuesday’s bitterly disappointing result at Birmingham City, there was an added pressure on the Black Cats to add to their squad and provide a timely lift.
But the first move of the day was a departure, as Didier Ndong sealed a move to Watford following weeks of speculation surrounding the Gabon international’s future.
Back on Wearside, Ovie Ejaria was the first man through the door.
The 20-year-old arrived at the Academy of Light with plenty of time to complete the deal, and at 7pm his move to Wearside was confirmed.

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

✔️@SunderlandAFC

[ltr][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Stop what you're doing, we have an announcement to make...[/ltr]

6:59 PM - Jan 31, 2018

•  166166 Replies

•  496496 Retweets

•  2,0912,091 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

A talented midfielder who wants to bring goals and assists to the table, Ejaria has been in scintillating form for the Reds’ table-topping under-23s.
And he’s relishing the prospect of regular senior football.
One hour later, there was an academy arrival at the AoL as Connor Shields put pen to paper on an 18-month deal.
The 20-year-old, who has spent the last week on trial with the club, will link up with Elliott Dickman’s under-23 side and he’ll be hoping to build on a successful six months at Albion Rovers, during which time he scored 12 first-team goals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As the clocked ticked past 9pm to signal the final two hours of the window, the AoL remained a hub of activity as Coleman continued his search for reinforcements at both ends of the pitch.
But with just over an hour remaining, the Welshman got his man as Ashley Fletcher underwent a medical ahead of a loan move from Middlesbrough and papers were filed with seconds remaining.
Fletcher, 22, joined Middlesbrough in July 2017 following one season with West Ham United during which time he made 16 Premier League appearances.
Prior to moving to East London, Fletcher rose through the ranks at Manchester United and spent time on loan with Barnsley where he helped the Tykes win the Football League trophy and promotion to the Sky Bet Championship via the League One play-offs.

[ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

✔️@SunderlandAFC

[ltr]You up?[/ltr]

12:00 AM - Feb 1, 2018

•  9595 Replies

•  203203 Retweets

•  518518 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

There was still time for one more deal, as Lee Camp arrived seconds after Fletcher.
The goalkeeper will link up with his new team-mates on Thursday after completing a deal remotely due to time restrictions.
And that, was deadline day.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 4:45 am

So did Steele leave or did the deal break down, cant find anything about it?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-02-01, 6:06 am

With  us being two hours ahead of UK time this is my first port of call on the transfer last couple of hours . 
Seems Coleman got his men , irrelevant of first second or third choices he got them over the line . 
With his enthusiasm and their youthful attitudes and all wanting to get 'game time' it could be an interesting few weeks . 
N'Dong gone okay , Kone and Rodwell still soaking up wages for nowt in return . Hopefully Kone will shake his head and turn in some first team effort to ensure his transfer in the summer , as for Rodwell ,,, well for me his article says all I thought about him , an egotistical tosser who thinks he is better than he is , me I'd let him rot , unfortunately I doubt we can afford that , and so does Coleman forgive him and let him back into first team reckoning ? 
We wait and see ,,,, over to you Mr Coleman .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 6:09 am

cretanmakem wrote:With  us being two hours ahead of UK time this is my first port of call on the transfer last couple of hours . 
Seems Coleman got his men , irrelevant of first second or third choices he got them over the line . 
With his enthusiasm and their youthful attitudes and all wanting to get 'game time' it could be an interesting few weeks . 
N'Dong gone okay , Kone and Rodwell still soaking up wages for nowt in return . Hopefully Kone will shake his head and turn in some first team effort to ensure his transfer in the summer , as for Rodwell ,,, well for me his article says all I thought about him , an egotistical tosser who thinks he is better than he is , me I'd let him rot , unfortunately I doubt we can afford that , and so does Coleman forgive him and let him back into first team reckoning ? 
I agree with all of that

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-02-01, 6:54 am

cretanmakem wrote:With  us being two hours ahead of UK time this is my first port of call on the transfer last couple of hours . 
We can't afford to play him either. He would take us down. Far better options even before the transfer window.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 2:59 pm

Coleman pleased the transfer madness is over
"It was shocking, brutal! I am glad it's done. It has turned out good for us and we have some new faces. The whole process, I forgot what a farce it is really.
"You start remembering how it was, you can't trust anybody. You get told loads of lies. To get a deal across the line is tough.
"Credit to Martin and all the staff, they know who they are. the medical team, It was crackers, a 16-hour day hammering away to get things done.
"I am happy with it and thankful for the hard work that went into it."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-02-01, 3:02 pm

Kipper wrote:
We can't afford to play him either. He would take us down. Far better options even before the transfer window.
Keep him away from the club and our facilities 
We have lost out anyway 
Wash our hands of him
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-02-01, 4:14 pm

How lucky we were to have secured the services of Coleman, clearly a man with integrity as well as purpose. I felt that when he came we would just about stay up and despite the fluctuating form I still have confidence in the man and the players he has signed. I feel sad that he has inherited the greedy Rodwell. I agree that we should offer him no facilities and keep him as far away as possible from the squad and the youngsters in the academy. He is a greedy insincere waste of space.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum