SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Fletcher v Maja
Today at 12:12 am by paddocklad

» Predictions Midweek 25
Yesterday at 11:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 11:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Brentford
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by paddocklad

» Could be a defining 7 days
Yesterday at 6:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Let’s hope for a change in fortunes soon
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by Hieronymus

» The sadness of Sunderland
Yesterday at 1:03 pm by canary-dave

» No news is good news!
2018-02-16, 9:53 pm by Vincemac

» Watching them is a chore
2018-02-16, 8:05 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 25
2018-02-16, 7:14 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Ipswich Town.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Ipswich Town.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 5:14 pm

Kipper wrote:Looks like he's going down the Rodders route to me. Soon everyone will forget that he was good once.
I dont think Cookie will mess about, he has given him the big build up but he will soon join Rodders if he does not commit 100%

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-01, 8:08 pm

Written by SAM LIGHTLE
01 FEBRUARY, 2018

=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/february/team-news-v-ipswich-town] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/february/team-news-v-ipswich-town&text=Trio in contention, Kone doubtful&] Twitter[/url]

Chris Coleman expects all three of his Deadline Day signings to be in contention for Saturday.
Ovi Ejaria, Ashley Fletcher and Lee Camp joined Sunderland on Wednesday as the Black Cats concluded their transfer business until the summer.
The trio, who all signed on loan, provide Coleman with options ahead of the final set of Sky Bet Championship fixtures, and the 47-year-old has admitted they are all fit and raring to go.
Coleman did, however, cast doubt over Lamine Kone’s availability for this weekend’s home fixture against Ipswich Town, revealing he is struggling with a knock.
“At the very least (with the dealings we have done) we are going to improve the environment,” he said.
“The personnel we have brought in will add value to the squad.
“At the stage we are at in the season there are enough games and enough points to play for to make sure we are going to be ok.
“We have got to make sure we are ok.
“Kaz (LuaLua) was fighting fitness so we put him on for 25-30 minutes against Birmingham.
“That will do him the world of good. Fletch played last week for 50 odd minutes so he is ok physically.
“Ovie played 90 minutes at the weekend for the under-23s. Jake (Clarke-Salter) is already here of course and Lee Camp has had five 90 minutes with the under-23s.
“They are all ready to play a big part at the weekend,” he continued.
“We went with Lamine (on Tuesday) and it was a tough one for him.
“He had a real bad fall on his knee and we thought he might have to come off but he got through it.
“He will be a big doubt for the weekend.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 11:54 am

Cash turnstiles will be available when Sunderland take on Ipswich Town in the Sky Bet Championship this Saturday (3rd February, KO 3pm).
Adults will be able to pay cash (£30) at turnstiles 44-46 in the East Stand. Please note that concessionary tickets must be purchased at the ticket office.
General tickets for the game are available from the ticket office, over the phone on 0371 911 1973 or [email=https://websales.safc.com/]via the online ticketing service[/email].
Prices are from £25 adults, £19 over-65s, £16 under-22s and £10 under-16s.
The ticket office will be open 9am-5pm and 10am until kick-off on matchday.
Away supporters will also be able to access the Carling North Stand Upper via cash turnstiles 69-74.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 1:50 pm

Sunderland's deadline day signings Lee Camp, Ovie Ejaria and Ashley Fletcher could all make their debuts.
Chris Coleman still has worries at centre-back, with John O'Shea hoping to recover from illness and Lamine Kone still doubtful after a knee problem.
Ipswich midfielder Cole Skuse should feature after overcoming a foot injury, but Dean Gerken (hip) remains absent.
Striker David McGoldrick and Tristan Nydam are doubtful with knocks, and Tom Adeyemi is likely to miss out.
[th]SAM's prediction[/th]
Home win 46%Draw 27%Away win 27%

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

• Sunderland have won their last seven home matches against Ipswich in all competitions, though this is the first meeting at the Stadium of Light since January 2007.

• The Tractor Boys haven't won away at Sunderland since August 1989, a 4-2 victory at Roker Park.

• Chris Coleman was victorious over Mick McCarthy the last time they faced, with Coleman's Coventry winning 2-1 in a Championship game against Wolves in February 2009.

• McCarthy has never won away from home at Sunderland in the second tier (P5 W0 D1 L4), with one of those defeats a 6-0 defeat in December 1995 as Millwall manager.

• Sunderland have won seven points in their last four league games at the Stadium of Light, more than their last 17 home games combined.

• Ipswich have won just one of their last eight away Championship outings (D2 L5), failing to win any of their last four (D1 L3).

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-02, 3:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland's deadline day signings Lee Camp, Ovie Ejaria and Ashley Fletcher could all make their debuts.
Chris Coleman still has worries at centre-back, with John O'Shea hoping to recover from illness and Lamine Kone still doubtful after a knee problem.
Ipswich midfielder Cole Skuse should feature after overcoming a foot injury, but Dean Gerken (hip) remains absent.
Striker David McGoldrick and Tristan Nydam are doubtful with knocks, and Tom Adeyemi is likely to miss out.

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

• Sunderland have won their last seven home matches against Ipswich in all competitions, though this is the first meeting at the Stadium of Light since January 2007.

• The Tractor Boys haven't won away at Sunderland since August 1989, a 4-2 victory at Roker Park.

• Chris Coleman was victorious over Mick McCarthy the last time they faced, with Coleman's Coventry winning 2-1 in a Championship game against Wolves in February 2009.

• McCarthy has never won away from home at Sunderland in the second tier (P5 W0 D1 L4), with one of those defeats a 6-0 defeat in December 1995 as Millwall manager.

• Sunderland have won seven points in their last four league games at the Stadium of Light, more than their last 17 home games combined.

• Ipswich have won just one of their last eight away Championship outings (D2 L5), failing to win any of their last four (D1 L3).

That's a real positive. Getting points at home will be crucial to avoid another relegation. Well done Coleman, for making the SOL a difficult place for teams to win against us.

The rest of that is good reading too. But we are Sunderland so I won't get my hopes up TOO much Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 3:10 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland's deadline day signings Lee Camp, Ovie Ejaria and Ashley Fletcher could all make their debuts.

Match facts

That's a real positive. Getting points at home will be crucial to avoid another relegation. Well done Coleman, for making the SOL a difficult place for teams to win against us.

The rest of that is good reading too. But we are Sunderland so I won't get my hopes up TOO much Very Happy
I will be at the game H but you will be with me in my thoughts xx

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-02, 6:17 pm

Written by OSCAR CHAMBERLAIN
02 FEBRUARY, 2018

=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/february/managers-preview-v-ipswich-town] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/february/managers-preview-v-ipswich-town&text=Coleman on Ipswich Town&] Twitter[/url]

Chris Coleman has urged his players to ‘show some personality’ when Sunderland take on Ipswich Town at the Stadium of Light on Saturday (KO 3pm).
The Black Cats bolstered their ranks late in the transfer window as Ovie Ejaria, Ashley Fletcher and Lee Camp arrived late on, and ahead of the game the Welshman revealed all three players in are in contention.
Fletcher offers a fresh dimension up front while Ejaria arrives with a big reputation having impressed for Liverpool’s under-23s, and Camp provides competition and a wealth of experience between the posts.
And Coleman will be hoping new faces can inject fresh swagger into Sunderland’s play, and lift the players around them.
“We have to forget Birmingham and focus on Ipswich,” said the boss.
“Focus on our strengths and the game plan, and show some personality within our performance as well because you can have a great game plan, but if you don’t show personality in your performance you can forget it.”
He continued: “It’s literally game by game, going for those points that are so precious.
“We fell down again on Tuesday night and came up short, but I can’t dwell on that with the players and I have to prepare them for the next one.
“We’re up against a manager in Mick McCarthy who has got so much experience at this level, and they’re a much-improved Ipswich team from last season.
“I mean, every game we go into there are different threats – one’s got this, the next one has that – but, again, we need to keep focussing on ourselves, it’s as simple as that.
“We need to motivate ourselves, not wait for someone to come and push us guide us, and go and take responsibility and get the job done.
“We know we can do it, we’ve got to get across the line.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-02-02, 10:23 pm

2-1 for the lads..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-02-03, 5:13 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I'm sure Cookie will make a better job of team selection than me, well I hope so.

Have you seen my prediction for this match?

Don't tell Cretanmakem, he's a tractor boy  Laughing
I haven't looked at your prediction but I am sure you were magnanimous in your praise for all things Suffolk and predicted a Tractor Boys win .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-02-03, 6:03 am

cretanmakem wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I'm sure Cookie will make a better job of team selection than me, well I hope so.

Have you seen my prediction for this match?

Don't tell Cretanmakem, he's a tractor boy  Laughing
I haven't looked at your prediction but I am sure you were magnanimous in your praise for all things Suffolk and predicted a Tractor Boys win .

Not quite  Laughing

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-02-03, 6:34 am

Our season begins. 3-1.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-03, 7:09 am

Coleman seems to have us playing one good one bad.. Tuesday's performance was in the bad category.. so today will be good please

Just miffed that I will miss the game.

Yeah I read Kone was injured Tuesday... for a big strong man he does seem s bit of a sick note. He is not going to interest any other club of he cannot play
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-03, 8:59 am

sunderpitt wrote:Coleman seems to have us playing one good one bad.. Tuesday's performance was in the bad category.. so today will be good please

Just miffed that I will miss the game.

Yeah I read Kone was injured Tuesday... for a big strong man he does seem s bit of a sick note. He is not going to interest any other club of he cannot play
Is he a sick note or is he a hypochondriac?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-03, 9:05 am

Really looking forward to today's game and expect to see a few of the new boys in action.

The danger of course is to expect to much, they are new, young and have been together a few days but, adrenaline, enthusiasm, hard work and wanting to impress should mean a good performance and that's all we can ask.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-02-03, 9:15 am

A hard day ahead for me as I think about the funeral today that none of us expected, and which came far too soon.

Am travelling south to see my son for the weekend so will probably only hear updates on radio of our goals going in (!)

Hopefully we will get the win we need to celebrate tonight.

Take care lads and lasses. Give your loved ones a hug, tell them you love them, and never forget life and love and friendship are far more important than any game of football.

Have a good day everyone Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-03, 9:23 am

Hieronymus wrote:A hard day ahead for me as I think about the funeral today that none of us expected, and which came far too soon.

Am travelling south to see my son for the weekend so will probably only hear updates on radio of our goals going in (!)

Take care lads and lasses. Give your loved ones a hug, tell them you love them, and never forget life and love and friendship are far more important than any game of football.

I have read some rubbish on here and some good things, your last paragraph is definitely one of the better.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-03, 9:45 am

Hieronymus wrote:A hard day ahead for me as I think about the funeral today that none of us expected, and which came far too soon.

I will have you in my thoughts today H and a special thought for Jennifer, Leo and Laille.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-03, 11:03 am

Well boy's and girl's I will shortly be going forth to glorious but no doubt cold Stadium of Light to cheer Cookies Kids on to victory.

I will return at evening tide to share in the celebrations and merriment with the tens if not hundreds of fellow SunderMaders.

Enjoy, if you can.
KTF & FTM
dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer 
crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl
ack ack ack ack
bb bb

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-03, 11:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well boy's and girl's I will shortly be going forth to glorious but no doubt cold Stadium of Light to cheer Cookies Kids on to victory.

I will return at evening tide to share in the celebrations and merriment with the tens if not hundreds of fellow SunderMaders.

Enjoy, if you can.
KTF & FTM
dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer 
crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl crawl
ack ack ack ack
bb bb

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-02-03, 12:56 pm

I think the kid from Boro will get the winner.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-03, 2:13 pm

Jones in as a CB Shocked ?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-02-03, 2:38 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Jones in as a CB Shocked ?
Not the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-02-03, 3:01 pm

Will be thinking of you and your family H, and missing our chat on here x
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-02-03, 4:43 pm

I did not think o would be happy to be ill and not make the game. Every cloud had a silver lining
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-02-03, 6:20 pm

Well, new players but same pattern, start well, indeed by far the better team. Create chances but cant take them, other team get one chance and score and we then fall apart.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum