SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 8:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 8:04 pm by canary-dave

» The battle of head and heart
Today at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Today at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Today at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

» Poyet sacked by Bordeaux ?
Today at 3:23 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup
Today at 12:17 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland manager Jack Ross comments on striker search
Today at 11:24 am by Silvers

» Marcos Alonso
Today at 10:51 am by Silvers

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 10:19 am by Lever Malone


The Pitch

Go down

The Pitch

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-27, 6:20 pm

Remember Grayson shortened and narrowed the pitch. Just wondering now that we have kids with some pace should it be taken back to its original size?
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-27, 6:22 pm

Being a little thick I never understood why it was changed but after last Saturday I would change nowt

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46456
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-27, 6:36 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Being a little thick I never understood why it was changed but after last Saturday I would change nowt

IIRC Roy Keane did a similar thing or was it due to electronic ad hoardings
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7081
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-27, 6:40 pm

Can't change it once league has started. I'm sure I looked it up when this was asked just after Grayson was sacked Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9346
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-27, 6:53 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ya right H
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-27, 6:55 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Can't change it once league has started. I'm sure I looked it up when this was asked just after Grayson was sacked Very Happy
I think we would have a good chance on appeal by pointing out that we have not yet started.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46456
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Red black cat1956 on 2018-01-27, 7:33 pm

It's not the pitch size it's the shirt pattern that's doing us imo
Its a second rate minor league teams strip.
avatar
Red black cat1956
First team squad
First team squad

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-27, 8:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Can't change it once league has started. I'm sure I looked it up when this was asked just after Grayson was sacked Very Happy
I think we would have a good chance on appeal by pointing out that we have not yet started.
lol!
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9346
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-27, 8:19 pm

Red black cat1956 wrote:It's not the pitch size it's the shirt pattern that's doing us imo
Its a second rate minor league teams strip.

like
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7081
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-28, 12:24 am

Red black cat1956 wrote:It's not the pitch size it's the shirt pattern that's doing us imo
Its a second rate minor league teams strip.

Agree 100%.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-01-28, 5:40 pm

Seem to remember a story about Malcolm Allison...he took over at  Man City and thought the reason his team were conceding so many goals was because of the wide pitch at maine road,so he narrowed it.....Man city then stopped scoring as many goals and he/someone reckoned that because the pitch was narrow his wingers didn't have enough space to get crosses in and thus created less chances for them to score....the solution?....he widened the pitch again(maybe sid mufc might recall this?)....anyway my point is it's not the size of the pitch it's the players that's on it and how they play that decides who wins the game (btw I'm all for the bigger pitch Smile)
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  canary-dave on 2018-01-28, 6:14 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Seem to remember a story about Malcolm Allison...he took over at  Man City and thought the reason his team were conceding so many goals was because of the wide pitch at maine road,so he narrowed it.....Man city then stopped scoring as many goals and he/someone reckoned that because the pitch was narrow his wingers didn't have enough space to get crosses in and thus created less chances for them to score....the solution?....he widened the pitch again(maybe sid mufc might recall this?)....anyway my point is it's not the size of the pitch it's the players that's on it and how they play that decides who wins the game (btw I'm all for the bigger pitch Smile)

Get your tin hat Paul!

Sid mufc indeed!  Razz

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14038
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-01-29, 7:49 am

canary-dave wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Seem to remember a story about Malcolm Allison...he took over at  Man City and thought the reason his team were conceding so many goals was because of the wide pitch at maine road,so he narrowed it.....Man city then stopped scoring as many goals and he/someone reckoned that because the pitch was narrow his wingers didn't have enough space to get crosses in and thus created less chances for them to score....the solution?....he widened the pitch again(maybe sid mufc might recall this?)....anyway my point is it's not the size of the pitch it's the players that's on it and how they play that decides who wins the game (btw I'm all for the bigger pitch Smile)

Get your tin hat Paul!

Sid mufc indeed!  Razz

OOOOPS Embarassed ......SHHHHHHH Don't say anything Laughing
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-29, 10:19 am

oldblackcat wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Seem to remember a story about Malcolm Allison...he took over at  Man City and thought the reason his team were conceding so many goals was because of the wide pitch at maine road,so he narrowed it.....Man city then stopped scoring as many goals and he/someone reckoned that because the pitch was narrow his wingers didn't have enough space to get crosses in and thus created less chances for them to score....the solution?....he widened the pitch again(maybe sid mufc might recall this?)....anyway my point is it's not the size of the pitch it's the players that's on it and how they play that decides who wins the game (btw I'm all for the bigger pitch Smile)

Get your tin hat Paul!

Sid mufc indeed!  Razz

OOOOPS Embarassed ......SHHHHHHH Don't say anything Laughing
Too late.  

Where do you live?
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 300
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-29, 10:42 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Seem to remember a story about Malcolm Allison...he took over at  Man City and thought the reason his team were conceding so many goals was because of the wide pitch at maine road,so he narrowed it.....Man city then stopped scoring as many goals and he/someone reckoned that because the pitch was narrow his wingers didn't have enough space to get crosses in and thus created less chances for them to score....the solution?....he widened the pitch again(maybe sid mufc might recall this?)....anyway my point is it's not the size of the pitch it's the players that's on it and how they play that decides who wins the game (btw I'm all for the bigger pitch Smile)

Get your tin hat Paul!

Sid mufc indeed!  Razz

OOOOPS Embarassed ......SHHHHHHH Don't say anything Laughing
Too late.  

Where do you live?
No violence allowed on SunderMad.

I do however have his address but would like to film your visit if I can. He never lets me win his quiz.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46456
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-29, 10:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Seem to remember a story about Malcolm Allison...he took over at  Man City and thought the reason his team were conceding so many goals was because of the wide pitch at maine road,so he narrowed it.....Man city then stopped scoring as many goals and he/someone reckoned that because the pitch was narrow his wingers didn't have enough space to get crosses in and thus created less chances for them to score....the solution?....he widened the pitch again(maybe sid mufc might recall this?)....anyway my point is it's not the size of the pitch it's the players that's on it and how they play that decides who wins the game (btw I'm all for the bigger pitch Smile)

Get your tin hat Paul!

Sid mufc indeed!  Razz

OOOOPS Embarassed ......SHHHHHHH Don't say anything Laughing
Too late.  

Where do you live?
No violence allowed on SunderMad.

I do however have his address but would like to film your visit if I can. He never lets me win his quiz.
I wouldn’t dream of it Syd.

I was just wondering whether Washington is a suburb of Newcastle.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 300
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-01-30, 8:05 am

OOOO that's nasty....Washington is actually in the boundaries of the  city of Sunderland....sorry for the typo Sid.....as for that singing canary next time I see him I'll be taking his walking stick away Twisted Evil
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  canary-dave on 2018-01-30, 9:15 am

oldblackcat wrote:OOOO that's nasty....Washington is actually in the boundaries of the  city of Sunderland....sorry for the typo Sid.....as for that singing canary next time I see him I'll be taking his walking stick away Twisted Evil

Suspect

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14038
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-30, 9:44 am

oldblackcat wrote:OOOO that's nasty....Washington is actually in the boundaries of the  city of Sunderland....sorry for the typo Sid.....as for that singing canary next time I see him I'll be taking his walking stick away Twisted Evil
Sorry OBC, I know where Washington is, it was just my dismal attempt at humour  Crying or Very sad .
Although I was brought up in Burnage which is a big Manchester blue area I’ve lived in Sale for the last 30 years which is in the borough of bloody Trafford. Not good.

Anyway now we’re friends again!!  I’ll answer your question Very Happy.  I do know Maine Road had one of the biggest pitches around but I don’t remember Allison changing it, that’s not to say he didn’t it just reflects my memory.  I think your point is so valid though, any team with decent wide players will always prefer to play in space.

PS. Well done Dave.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 300
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-30, 10:01 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:OOOO that's nasty....Washington is actually in the boundaries of the  city of Sunderland....sorry for the typo Sid.....as for that singing canary next time I see him I'll be taking his walking stick away Twisted Evil
Sorry OBC, I know where Washington is, it was just my dismal attempt at humour  Crying or Very sad .
Although I was brought up in Burnage which is a big Manchester blue area I’ve lived in Sale for the last 30 years which is in the borough of bloody Trafford. Not good.

Anyway now we’re friends again!!  I’ll answer your question Very Happy.  I do know Maine Road had one of the biggest pitches around but I don’t remember Allison changing it, that’s not to say he didn’t it just reflects my memory.  I think your point is so valid though, any team with decent wide players will always prefer to play in space.

PS. Well done Dave.
Maine Road was in Moss Side wasn't it?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-30, 2:38 pm

If I’m Billy D wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:OOOO that's nasty....Washington is actually in the boundaries of the  city of Sunderland....sorry for the typo Sid.....as for that singing canary next time I see him I'll be taking his walking stick away Twisted Evil
Sorry OBC, I know where Washington is, it was just my dismal attempt at humour  Crying or Very sad .
Although I was brought up in Burnage which is a big Manchester blue area I’ve lived in Sale for the last 30 years which is in the borough of bloody Trafford. Not good.

Anyway now we’re friends again!!  I’ll answer your question Very Happy.  I do know Maine Road had one of the biggest pitches around but I don’t remember Allison changing it, that’s not to say he didn’t it just reflects my memory.  I think your point is so valid though, any team with decent wide players will always prefer to play in space.

PS. Well done Dave.
Maine Road was in Moss Side wasn't it?
It was mate.  It was pulled down a few years ago and the area is now full of houses and shops.  I’ve never been back and I don’t want to really, Maine Road has some great memories for me as I assume Roker Park has for yourselves.  Oh and I also miss all the great pubs etc around Maine Road which the Etihad dos’nt have.  

Moss Side has a certain reputation,  sometimes deserved but sometimes not.  Certainly on match days the area belonged to City fans as much as some of the ‘baddies’ as it was our heritage as well.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 300
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-30, 2:50 pm

Good stuff.
Whalley Range was just over the other side of the park if irc?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-30, 3:06 pm

Billy D wrote:Good stuff.
Whalley Range was just over the other side of the park if irc?
It is yeah.  Oddly enough parts of Whaley Range are becoming slightly up market as people that can’t afford property in the more affluent suburbs are moving towards the city,  young professionals etc.

You’ve visited Whally Range then affraid
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 300
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-30, 3:38 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Billy D wrote:Good stuff.
Whalley Range was just over the other side of the park if irc?
It is yeah.  Oddly enough parts of Whaley Range are becoming slightly up market as people that can’t afford property in the more affluent suburbs are moving towards the city,  young professionals etc.

You’ve visited Whally Range then affraid
Aye. Went with an old army mate of mine who came from there.
He was well known & nobody got any bother while in his company.
It reminds me of parts of Gateshead tbh.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pitch

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum