SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» And the award for daftest question goes to..
Today at 10:08 am by sunderpitt

» I dare you
Today at 9:49 am by Hieronymus

» Catts
Today at 8:49 am by sunderpitt

» Quiz 106
Today at 7:56 am by Mackemneil

» League Table Week 02
Today at 5:31 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 02
Today at 5:29 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 105
Today at 5:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Well, well, well
Today at 12:14 am by cyprussyd

» Results of week 1 and fixtures for week 2
Yesterday at 11:11 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 03
Yesterday at 11:10 pm by Mackemneil

The return of Kone

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The return of Kone

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 6:49 pm

[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]'sU23s v Leicester City Football Club to be played at the SOL. 7pm KO, also broadcasted live on Facebook - SunderlandAFC official page.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The return of Kone

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 7:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 7:37 pm

1-0 safc

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-23, 7:43 pm

I wonder how he is playing?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 7:44 pm

2-0

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 7:46 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I wonder how he is playing?
OK its a good game

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 7:49 pm

There is only so long you can talk to yourself  red

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-23, 8:03 pm

I dont give a damn how he plays. I want him out of my club and then seriously injured in his 1st match for his new club. Regardless of who it is. Most unprofessional player ever.

PS, I do admit he's good but only when he wants.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-23, 8:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:There is only so long you can talk to yourself  red
who won?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-23, 8:54 pm

@JHunterChron 
Storey replaces Kone on the hour. Kone applauded off. [ltr]#safc[/ltr]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-23, 9:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@JHunterChron 
Storey replaces Kone on the hour. Kone applauded off. 
[ltr]#safc[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-23, 10:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@JHunterChron 
Storey replaces Kone on the hour. Kone applauded off. 
[ltr]#safc[/ltr]

Good - finished 2-0 to our lads - Maybe Kone has realised he needs to play well to get a move?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-01-23, 11:20 pm

Roker Report gave him 8 out 10 saying he was head and shoulders abov  the opposition. Fantastic - sbow all the  other  clubs how great you can be in the  U23s. Fine by me, go for a decent amount of money. Please don't let him near the  first team though. He'll only play well until the transfer window closes.Anyway, last week's defence have a good  thing going and this doesn't need to be disturbed.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-24, 12:29 am

I watched the full game and yes Kone was head and shoulders above the rest but so he should be. He never had to move out of first gear so it was impossible to judge how committed he was.

Kipper is right, a fully fit and fully committed Kone would not be an automatic choice after Saturday's performance, all r CB deserve to be first choice.indeed al 11 starters should be first choice for the brum game.

I like Colmanes stance on the want aways, if they are still here when the window shuts and show 100% commitment they are in the squad, if not they join Rodwell and Kone has proved that you can't fake commitment.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-01-24, 8:26 am

It’s amazing how he appears to be getting fit as the window is starting to shut
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-24, 9:16 am

paddocklad wrote:It’s amazing how he appears to be getting fit as the window is starting to shut
Yes fit, positive tweets, an all round good guy  Mad Mad

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-24, 10:38 am

Coleman will want to get rid but knows he only has one game left this transfer window to show what Kone can do, I expect him to play at Brum.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-24, 11:04 am

Hieronymus wrote:Coleman will want to get rid but knows he only has one game left this transfer window to show what Kone can do, I expect him to play at Brum.

its tricky is it not. When he first came he showed just what a good player he was when motivated, I recall one tackle when he sent Chitty's YaYa Toure sprawling and just moved on and YaYA was on the ground looking at him as if to say WTF. Then Moyes failed to get him going.. 

Yes I support Coleman that if you do not want to be here FO.  However if Coleman could say play well between now and the end of the season and you can go! Our defence would be hugely improved.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-26, 3:20 pm

Written by OSCAR CHAMBERLAIN
26 JANUARY, 2018

=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/january/coleman-praises-kone] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2018/january/coleman-praises-kone&text=Coleman praises Kone&] Twitter[/url]

Chris Coleman has praised Lamine Kone’s attitude and application following the defender’s return to action.
Kone, 28, started in the under-23s’ PL International Cup win over Leicester City on Tuesday evening before being replaced on the hour mark.
The defender, who hasn’t featured at senior level since October, offered advice and guidance to the young Black Cats throughout the course of the game, while also taking time to speak to members of Elliott Dickman’s squad before and after the game.
And speaking to safc.com, Coleman explained how the defender is doing all the right things on and off the pitch.
“That’s how you behave and that’s how you act,” said the Welshman when asked about Kone’s involvement with the under-23s.
“Alright, we know Lamine probably sees his future somewhere else but what I’ve said all the way along is that I can understand that.”
He continued: “As long as when players are with us they are respectful and they behave accordingly, and if they wear the jersey and want to do their best while they are here, then I haven’t got a problem with that.
“Of course, we’ve seen that with Lamine and he’s trained very hard, and like said you said it’s nice to see a senior professional behaving in that manner because the younger players are always looking to see how it should be done – and having that type of respect is exactly how it’s done.
“He came through the game with no problems at all, so he’s coming along nicely.”
Coleman did however warn Kone that he faces a real battle to break back into the starting XI, with the Welshman’s defence putting in a real shift since he took charge.
“In fairness, there’s a defensive shape there and personnel which had no clean sheets in 16 games, but in the next 11 games there’s been five clean sheets so defensively our boys have done okay.
“It’s not automatic and you have to work and fight for your place, and if they keep on doing what they’re doing it’s hard for anyone to get back into it, and that – fighting for places in the team – is what I want.”
He concluded: “I want people knocking on my door asking, ‘what can I do and why aren’t I playing’, and the more of that the better for us.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-01-26, 3:35 pm

The one thing you can say is he's less of a t055r than Rodwell.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-01-26, 8:49 pm

A motivated Kone would be fantastic for us and could make all the difference..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-01-26, 8:56 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:A motivated Kone would be fantastic for us and could make all the difference..
Agree, but as Cookie said he will have to fight for his place if the current three continue to gel.
How about sticking him up front if we don't sign a striker affraid
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-26, 8:59 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:A motivated Kone would be fantastic for us and could make all the difference..
Agree, but as Cookie said he will have to fight for his place if the current three continue to gel.
4-4-2 with Kone and Rodwell the two

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-26, 9:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
God help us.  Sad
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-01-26, 9:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
I hope that your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you wrote that.. Twisted Evil

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum