SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Seems insane.
Today at 5:55 pm by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v The Boro
Today at 5:29 pm by vinkel

» Emma Chambers rip
Today at 5:27 pm by vinkel

» Quiz 86
Yesterday at 10:33 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS FROM BBC
Yesterday at 9:51 pm by Billy D

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 26
Yesterday at 7:12 pm by oldblackcat

» Could have new owner by weekend
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by Billy D

» The concern about Short
Yesterday at 2:21 pm by Billy D

» Stadium of Plight
Yesterday at 7:45 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, Nostalgic

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

To V or not to V.

Go down

To V or not to V.

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-18, 12:00 am

So now we have it, the VAR is a shambles according to the pundits who disagree with the video ref's decision. So from being the so called "way forward" to eliminate controversy it still relies on human opinion of an experienced official who allegedly gets it wrong, even with electronic assistance.

Given the choice, I would sack the pundits and the VAR and just go back to living with real time decisions, warts and all.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: To V or not to V.

Post  canary-dave on 2018-01-18, 4:30 am

There's a lot in what you say Nos, I think the main problem is most pundits say if you are touched, no matter how slightly, you have a right to go down and claim a penalty. Bullshit!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-18, 9:49 am

Nostalgic wrote:So now we have it, the VAR is a shambles according to the pundits who disagree with the video ref's decision. So from being the so called "way forward" to eliminate controversy it still relies on human opinion of an experienced official who allegedly gets it wrong, even with electronic assistance.

Given the choice, I would sack the pundits and the VAR and just go back to living with real time decisions, warts and all.
Should only be used for goal line.
Some weak referees will be badgered by players to use it for all minor mistakes etc.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-18, 9:57 am

I agree with Vince, only for goal line. Pens and fouls ar a mystery to me these days with players going down at the slightest touch, is football a contact sport or not?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-19, 2:28 pm

I’ve been looking forward to it, it’s not great winning a match with a dodgy decision and it’s bloody awful losing a match by a dodgy decision.

Having said that it clearly needs a lot of tweaking before it’s unleashed on us all on a permanent basis.  Certainly players and managers trying to use it as a ‘tactic’ needs stamping down on.
Sid MCFC
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-19, 2:48 pm

If it cuts down on the more obvious errors.. it has to be helpful. Sometimes the ref and the players are the only ones not to know what actually happened. The  crowd (mobiles) and those watching on TV  have seen the replays fairly instantly.

I dislike diving intensely.. he was entitled o go down cos he felt a touch.. is 9ne of the phrases I hate

In Rugby you pretend you are not hurt.. in football you pretend you are 

If VAR can help with this and pens offside etc and does it quickly ... we should go for it
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-19, 3:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:If it cuts down on the more obvious errors.. it has to be helpful. Sometimes the ref and the players are the only ones not to know what actually happened. The  crowd (mobiles) and those watching on TV  have seen the replays fairly instantly.

I dislike diving intensely.. he was entitled o go down cos he felt a touch.. is 9ne of the phrases I hate

If VAR can help with this and pens offside etc and does it quickly ... we should go for it
This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-19, 6:49 pm

sunderpitt wrote:If it cuts down on the more obvious errors.. it has to be helpful. Sometimes the ref and the players are the only ones not to know what actually happened. The  crowd (mobiles) and those watching on TV  have seen the replays fairly instantly.

I don’t like var
Maybe for goal line 
But not for the rest of the game there will be to many players asking the ref for the game to be stopped and tv checked 
Not the answer for me
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-19, 10:27 pm

The original rule book was always on the side of the ref with the phrase "in the opinion of the official" - two of them looked at it so no pen is no pen. Live with it pundit and manager.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum