SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» I agree with Charlie 100%
Yesterday at 11:22 pm by Silvers

» League Attendances
Yesterday at 2:02 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 112
Yesterday at 12:55 pm by MrRAWhite

» BREXIT again
Yesterday at 12:25 pm by cyprussyd

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 11:13 am by barrowmackem

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 11:03 am by Kipper

» A fine line
2018-09-24, 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
2018-09-24, 10:39 pm by Silvers

» Our new music
2018-09-24, 1:17 pm by vinkel

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Chickens coming home to roost

Go down

Chickens coming home to roost

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 9:49 pm

Today in Wales we all watched,listened or became aware of years of mismanagement coming home to roost in a big way and if Coleman had any doubts about the job in hand it was laid out in front of him in a clear way.

I find it hard to blame the players and certainly cant blame the manager, the blame goes back,IMO to the day Short decided to replace Quinn with football advisors who could only give bad advice. De Fanti found bad footballers and our then CEO gave them ridiculous contracts. Managers came and left leaving more underperforming players and a core of senior professionals who saw managers off.

Today we started with probably the only team Coleman could put out, a defence held together by a player who was never meant to be a regular starter in John O'Shea. A midfield made up of Wilson, a centre back who is not good enough to be a centre back. NDong who wants out and kids who we are in danger of ruining.

The sad thing is that I think we finally have the manager who can solve the problem and lead us back to respectability but he is being forced to do it with both hands tied behind his back.

So I understand the anger, depression why many are walking away. The future may well get worse before it gets better but all I can do is hope.

Hope that we can get the strikers in who can give us the muscle needed, a mid field creator who can rule midfield and above everything get some confidence into the team.

I dont expect Short to spend so no long term plan, just a simple plan to keep us up.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chickens coming home to roost

Post  paddocklad on 2018-01-13, 9:58 pm

The only person who can help in the short term is short himself by spending at lease a couple of million to get us out of the mess he has caused surely the thick skinned arrogant yank can see that
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-13, 10:05 pm

The only problem with our current players is they are not big enough, not fast enough, not strong enough, they struggle to control and pass a ball, tend to be only one footed and cannot shoot or head the ball very well.

Despite these shortcomings they are paid more in a week than the supporters earn in a year.

An influx of quality players is unlikely but we can hope at least till the window closes.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-13, 10:10 pm

sunderpitt wrote:The only problem with our current players is they are not big enough, not fast enough, not strong enough, they struggle to control and pass a ball, tend to be only one footed and cannot shoot or head the ball very well.

Despite these shortcomings they are paid more in a week than the supporters earn in a year.

An influx of quality players is unlikely but we can hope at least till the window closes.
This with knobs on.
I've been saying all season we are far too small & lightweight.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-01-13, 10:22 pm

Fair points syd and agree with most of it although some have been saying the players we have brought in just weren’t good enough from day one.
Not sure if Robson was injured today but as a CM he had to be a better shout than a CB in midfield. Having said that I think we would still be beaten as the team as a whole is just not good enough. Too many loanees who don’t do the business too many old crocks who are still playing and far too many players who would struggle in League 1 never mind the fizzy pop league. As you say Short out is the only answer but, that does not guarantee instant success as we are that far gone. Coleman is still IMO not the man to get us sorted out far too naive with his tactics. Tactics which pan out at International level do not work at club level where you play twice a week.
Will we survive? that is the big question personally I think we can pull out of it only just mind.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-01-13, 10:52 pm

I looked at the players coming out of the tunnel and they in the most were much smaller than Cardiff players
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-13, 11:37 pm

paddocklad wrote:I looked at the players coming out of the tunnel and they in the most were much smaller than Cardiff players
Smaller than every team we play
That’s the problem 
Beef is what we need
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: