SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Ligue 1 play off final
Yesterday at 10:54 pm by oxfordshire

» Straightforward question now a straightforward answer please
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Nostalgic

» Shows you the value
Yesterday at 10:10 pm by Nostalgic

» A serious Rodwell question
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Billy D

» Liverpool v Real Madrid
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:44 pm by Billy D

» Maybe some got it wrong
Yesterday at 7:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Well that's Fulham up.
Yesterday at 7:06 pm by Billy D

» Anyone like the cricket?
Yesterday at 5:56 pm by Billy D

» We could have a SunderMad team
Yesterday at 5:40 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 6:21 pm

Well I have to disagree with Vince, we were not OK today we were fantastic.

O'Shea was colossal.
Cattermole showed why we need him
Ethan Robson had a great first half
Asoro and Maja worked well together
Every player put a shift in and gave all they had.
And the crowd made me proud.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 6:38 pm

Chris Coleman lavished praise on his players while paying particular homage to his front two Joel Asoro and Josh Maja.
The Welshman’s team selection got plenty of teeth chattering ahead of kick-off as he opted to go with young attacking duo Maja and Asoro up top.
Ethan Robson was handed his first league start in replace of Marc Wilson while Jake Clarke-Salter made his home debut for the club.
And right from the word go Coleman was full of praise for his side as they sunk their teeth into the Tigers before Asoro buried his chance on 20 minutes.
Maja provided a lively option as well, toying with Hull’s backline while Billy Jones also offered an unlikely attacking threat in the final third at times.
Hull fought back after the interval but Sunderland struck to their jobs well and when their backline was breached – like in stoppage time when the ball fell to David Meyler – Robbin Ruiter was there to snuff the danger out and secure three vital points, plus another clean sheet. 
“We didn’t continue that in the second half (last weekend) in the same vein and ended up losing heavily.
“I thought today the spirit was brilliant. The goal we scored – I don’t think any team I’ve ever managed have scored a goal as good as that.
“I thought it was absolutely fabulous. The passing, the movement and the finish was brilliant.
“There were one or two scary moments for us but until they had a really good chance it was all us.
“We set the tempo in the first half, we dictated things and I thought it was a very good performance.
“We know they are lively and we know they are young and inexperienced,” he continued.
“I thought young (Ethan) Robson was fantastic. Ideally, we shouldn’t be giving them as much exposure as we are in these games but it’s brilliant for them.
“The experience of the other boys pulled them through, they encouraged them, kept them going and supported them.
“All round the lads did a great job today.”

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-20, 8:21 pm

Heartening words about a good performance and hopefully a springboard for the rest of the season.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3935
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 9:22 am

@joelasoro1
A childhood dream coming true[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what a team performance today from the boyz some big love from for the fans amazing![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



@Ethan_robson8
Great team performance today! Delighted we got the 3 points, fans were excellent from start to finish.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=0]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 12:16 pm

Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-21, 12:40 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@joelasoro1
A childhood dream coming true[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what a team performance today from the boyz some big love from for the fans amazing![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



[size=14]@Ethan_robson8
Great team performance today! Delighted we got the 3 points, fans were excellent from start to finish.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=0]

like like

Contrast with Roswell
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6846
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-21, 12:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would be interested in seeing the yellow for the dive again
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6846
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 2:03 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would be interested in seeing the yellow for the dive again
Opposite end to my seat so no idea if it was a dive or pen

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 2:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would be interested in seeing the yellow for the dive again
Opposite end to my seat so no idea if it was a dive or pen
it is however on the above highlights

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-21, 2:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would be interested in seeing the yellow for the dive again
Opposite end to my seat so no idea if it was a dive or pen
it is however on the above highlights

Not close up in slomo...was it a dive?
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6846
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  Kipper on 2018-01-21, 2:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I have to disagree with Vince, we were not OK today we were fantastic.

O'Shea was colossal.
Cattermole showed why we need him
Ethan Robson had a great first half
Asoro and Maja worked well together
Every player put a shift in and gave all they had.
And the crowd made me proud.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Cattermole had a decent game but to show me we need him he needs to keep doing it game after game. Let's hop  he does.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 813
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 9:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  Red black cat1956 on 2018-01-22, 11:34 am

So pleased he started Asoro and Maja as I thought they were a good double act. Great friends off the pitch aswell. Bravery paid off on Saturday - pull on
avatar
Red black cat1956
First team squad
First team squad

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-22, 11:44 am

Red black cat1956 wrote:So pleased he started Asoro and Maja as I thought they were a good double act. Great friends off the pitch aswell. Bravery paid off on Saturday - pull on
You could see they have played together and know each other well, some great one touch passing between them.

Cookie has some big decisions for the Brum game, how can he change that starting 11?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-22, 1:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Red black cat1956 wrote:So pleased he started Asoro and Maja as I thought they were a good double act. Great friends off the pitch aswell. Bravery paid off on Saturday - pull on
You could see they have played together and know each other well, some great one touch passing between them.

Cookie has some big decisions for the Brum game, how can he change that starting 11?
I hope he doesn't, even if he has signed new players. They deserve another chance to show they are ready for regular first team football.
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9174
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  lesmac on 2018-01-22, 4:12 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Red black cat1956 wrote:So pleased he started Asoro and Maja as I thought they were a good double act. Great friends off the pitch aswell. Bravery paid off on Saturday - pull on
You could see they have played together and know each other well, some great one touch passing between them.

Cookie has some big decisions for the Brum game, how can he change that starting 11?
I hope he doesn't, even if he has signed new players. They deserve another chance to show they are ready for regular first team football.
I'm with H, start with the same team and let the "young uns" carry on where they left off on Saturday. Surely a vote of confidence from Coleman can only help build their confidence a little more. Clearly, we cannot expect the kids to play every game therefore it is essential that we get at least two strikers to enable Asoro and Maja to have a break. Maja looked absolutely knackered after 60/70 minutes on Saturday.
avatar
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2671
Join date : 2012-08-03
Location : North Northumberland

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-22, 4:46 pm

lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Red black cat1956 wrote:So pleased he started Asoro and Maja as I thought they were a good double act. Great friends off the pitch aswell. Bravery paid off on Saturday - pull on
You could see they have played together and know each other well, some great one touch passing between them.

Cookie has some big decisions for the Brum game, how can he change that starting 11?
I hope he doesn't, even if he has signed new players. They deserve another chance to show they are ready for regular first team football.
I'm with H, start with the same team and let the "young uns" carry on where they left off on Saturday. Surely a vote of confidence from Coleman can only help build their confidence a little more. Clearly, we cannot expect the kids to play every game therefore it is essential that we get at least two strikers to enable Asoro and Maja to have a break. Maja looked absolutely knackered after 60/70 minutes on Saturday.
And I am with you both, I cant see how he can change that starting 11

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum