SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 8:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 8:04 pm by canary-dave

» The battle of head and heart
Today at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Today at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Today at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

» Poyet sacked by Bordeaux ?
Today at 3:23 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup
Today at 12:17 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland manager Jack Ross comments on striker search
Today at 11:24 am by Silvers

» Marcos Alonso
Today at 10:51 am by Silvers

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 10:19 am by Lever Malone

Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-15, 9:36 am

canary-dave wrote:I seem to have ruffled a few feathers, not my intention I assure you. I simply meant, as has been highlighted by Vince and H that opposing views should be treated with respect, which, in the main does happen on this forum, but a small minority take the opportunity to attack Syd for posting positive views. 

I don't mind being attacked but I cannot remain silent when Syd is targeted. 

I'm off to the hospital now for a stressful day of tests but I'll be back later to see you all. Fingers crossed  like
The absence of tone of voice, facial expressions and body language, plus our own state of mind at the time, makes a big difference in interpretation of the written word. Posts often appear much more abrasive than the same words would if you were standing next to your friends chatting in the pub. Rule number one is to remember we are all friends on here Very Happy

Hope all goes well with your tests and it is not all too traumatic for you. Not much fun this getting old lark, is it? Sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-15, 12:18 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I seem to have ruffled a few feathers, not my intention I assure you. I simply meant, as has been highlighted by Vince and H that opposing views should be treated with respect, which, in the main does happen on this forum, but a small minority take the opportunity to attack Syd for posting positive views. 

I don't mind being attacked but I cannot remain silent when Syd is targeted. 

I'm off to the hospital now for a stressful day of tests but I'll be back later to see you all. Fingers crossed  like

Tough... we all dislike tests and hospitals... good luck and take a good book or is it s kindle these days to distract and amuse
It is far worse than simple tests, I will be talking to Dave later tonight

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-01-15, 1:41 pm

It does appear that the team management are carrying on from last year,they are not learning from there mistakes,we lose 2 strikers and yet we have none coming straight in.
We are two weeks into the transfer window and we still have had only one new recruit.
Strikers is not our only big problem,we need two more midfielders not holding someone who will inject a lot of creativity and pace,and that is a big thing we are missing.
We in my eyes have a load of donkeys strolling around the park.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-15, 2:03 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:It does appear that the team management are carrying on from last year,they are not learning from there mistakes,we lose 2 strikers and yet we have none coming straight in.
We are two weeks into the transfer window and we still have had only one new recruit.
Strikers is not our only big problem,we need two more midfielders not holding someone who will inject a lot of creativity and pace,and that is a big thing we are missing.
We in my eyes have a load of donkeys strolling around the park.

Could do with a decent keeper as well
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-01-15, 2:07 pm

We need some inspiration from somewhere..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-18, 9:51 am

Well it's looking like no new players unless McNair is fit, indeed with NDong out we have one less, no idea how Coleman is supposed to fix this.

Possible team..

RUITER
BROWNING  OSHEA  SLATER
MATHEWS                                 OVIEDO
HONEYMAN  CATTERMOLE  MCNAIR MCGREADY
MAJA

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-19, 5:08 pm

If you are going I may see you there.
If not get on chatbox and share your tensions with "H"

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-19, 5:19 pm

Another week of  the young uns building relationships and developing an understanding of  each others movements on the pitch. Might not be any quality but at least there is commitment and endeavour and a will to win. Hull are just about in a big a mess as us.

Home win.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-19, 6:51 pm

Vincemac wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Sad to see more than 5 years of friendly debate is under threat. The very thing that enticed many posters is under attack from a few that fail to understand the concept of loyal support for their home team. Owners and managers and even the playing staff may come and go but the fans are the only constant in the equation. 

Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you have to be happy with the state your club is in, but the true supporter tries his best to help the team when times are difficult and certainly doesn't ridicule someone looking for a positive in even the most dire circumstances.  like
It’s very difficult and almost impossible to say something positive 
We all know we are massively underperforming.
However I will always support our team 
W heather I attend or not
Looks like we will have no new striker 
So we stick with maja
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-19, 6:54 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Sad to see more than 5 years of friendly debate is under threat. The very thing that enticed many posters is under attack from a few that fail to understand the concept of loyal support for their home team. Owners and managers and even the playing staff may come and go but the fans are the only constant in the equation. 

Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you have to be happy with the state your club is in, but the true supporter tries his best to help the team when times are difficult and certainly doesn't ridicule someone looking for a positive in even the most dire circumstances.  like
So we stick with maja
Mcgeady could be back
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-19, 10:25 pm

Chris Coleman is hopeful that Aiden McGeady will be able to return to the Sunderland side on Saturday afternoon. The Sunderland boss is short of options amid an ongoing injury crisis and is badly lacking experience in the forward areas. McGeady has not featured since the 1-0 defeat to Barnsley on New Year's Day but the 31-year-old, who is now Sunderland's top scorer following the departure of Lewis Grabban, could play a part against Hull City. Coleman said: "He's had a few training sessions, he joined in partly on Wednesday, and did a little bit alongside Jonny Williams. "Providing there is no big reaction, he will train again today and we will see where he is tomorrow, and maybe he can play a part. "He has got experience and you do need that bit of experience in these situations." Coleman is also hopeful that Adam Matthews will be fit to play but warned that midfielder Jonny Williams is still some way off being able to make a significant contribution. He said: "Adam Matthews has had a bad calf and missed a few days training this week. He’s training today and should be available for tomorrow. We’ll see how he reacts. "Marc Wilson is a no, Ndong is suspended, Paddy McNair is a no. It is too early for Lamine Kone and Jonny have trained well but is not ready. He hasn’t had a proper session with proper physical contact. He should get that next week but even then we’re talking about 20 minutes [in a game] to get him back into it."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-20, 8:21 am

Not sure to go or not... another depressing performance and loss will just about do me in.

There are problems getting to my car parking cos of road closures for bridge works as well, my foot arthritis is playing up also... no golf cos of the snow.

I will decide at 1.00pm
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 9:16 am

sunderpitt wrote:Not sure to go or not... another depressing performance and loss will just about do me in.

There are problems getting to my car parking cos of road closures for bridge works as well, my foot arthritis is playing up also... no golf cos of the snow.

I will decide at 1.00pm
Sounds like you have decided so enjoy your day off and get that foot rested up.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-01-20, 9:36 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Not sure to go or not... another depressing performance and loss will just about do me in.

I will decide at 1.00pm
Nice to hear you are well enough to return to the fold Syd. me, I'm a week or so behind you. 3 days into the antibiotics, been a bad one this.
Oh, and 3 points please.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-20, 9:51 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Nice to hear you are well enough to return to the fold Syd. me, I'm a week or so behind you. 3 days into the antibiotics, been a bad one this.
Oh, and 3 points please.

Despite the golf course being closed we are meeting up for "brunch"..

Naproxen is very helpful for the pain
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 9:57 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Oh, and 3 points please.
Yes I am back but by god has it been a bad one, I still have a slight cough but I have also lost a lot of weight, no appetite whatsoever.
sunderpitt wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Oh, and 3 points please.

Brunch, feckin brunch, living in Pittington has changed you

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 10:46 am

My guess at the team is..

RUITER
BROWNING  OSHEA  CLARKE-SALTER
MATHEWS                                                            OVIEDO
CATTERMOLE  ETHAN ROBSON 
HONEYMAN             MAJA               MCGREADY

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-20, 11:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Oh, and 3 points please.
Yes I am back but by god has it been a bad one, I still have a slight cough but I have also lost a lot of weight, no appetite whatsoever.
sunderpitt wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Oh, and 3 points please.

About to have a 'small breakfast bacon eggs beans etc.. definitely brunch... to early for lunch too late for breakfast
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 11:35 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Oh, and 3 points please.
sunderpitt wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I will decide at 1.00pm
Oh, and 3 points please.

About to have a 'small breakfast bacon eggs beans etc.. definitely brunch... to early for lunch too late for breakfast
NO NO  NO. It's a late breakfast or early lunch, you posh golf set

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-20, 3:19 pm

Chatbox is open. Sorry it's late Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-20, 4:57 pm

We won!!!!!!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-01-20, 4:59 pm

Well played Sunderland, I'm really happy for my Mackem friends  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-20, 5:49 pm

Very happy tonight. Youngsters played well and Catts and JOS were outstanding apparently.

Certainly sounded great on radio and am so pleased for all the fans who turned up and really got behind the lads today. Well done everyone Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-20, 6:11 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Very happy tonight. Youngsters played well and Catts and JOS were outstanding apparently.

Certainly sounded great on radio and am so pleased for all the fans who turned up and really got behind the lads today. Well done everyone Very Happy
Yep, me too.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-20, 6:14 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

So we stick with maja
Mcgeady could be back
In the grand scheme of things we were ok today 
Kids did well
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down