SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» League Table Week 21
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 22
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by canary-dave

» What about us? Come on son you will love Roker
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 21
Yesterday at 8:11 pm by gil t azell

» RIP Jimmy
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» A Good read IMO
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Robin Ruiter
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by Hieronymus

» Will we stay up with no reinforcements?
Yesterday at 11:26 am by Billy D

» Thanks Syd, thanks Billy
Yesterday at 11:20 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

cyprussyd, Lever Malone, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 5:19 pm

Sunderland v Hull City
Sat 20 Jan
KO 15.00

A week ahead with lot's of work to be done.

We need injured players back and new players in but above all we need a team of fighters.

I will be there and hope to see us get 3 points but it could be a long afternoon.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-01-20, 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 5:25 pm

Chris Coleman is 'hopeful' that attacking reinforcements arrive before next Saturday's clash with Hull City. James Vaughan's departure for Wigan Athletic on Friday leaves the Black Cats without a senior striker in the squad. Sunderland have scored just twice in their last seven games and have not hit the back of the net since the 1-1 draw with Birmingham City just before Christmas. Josh Maja and Joel Asoro have both impressed in patches but struggled against two robust defences in Middlesbrough and Cardiff City. Coleman admits that they cannot carry the burden for the rest of the season. He said: "Josh is young and is going to be a good player for us, he’s going to get experience. So is Joel Asoro, we can use them from time to time but we can’t go until the end of the season with these two young players, they need help. We need experience in that department. "We’ve lost two of our experienced strikers who didn’t want to be with us, they wanted to be somewhere else, nothing we can do. This weekend was always going to be difficult for us, we’ve got Marc Wilson in central midfield when he’s a centre-back. Lee Cattermole coming back when he’s not match fit, but it’s what we’ve got. "We’re playing catch up. Offensively today we got into the last third and then we lacked a bit of confidence and ideas because we’re young and experienced. This window will be huge for us in that department, we know that, we absolutely know that. It’s not a case of ‘I’m hoping’, we’ve got to do it. "We’ve got to do it, we need help in that department. We cannot expect and put this pressure on two young boys. They’ve done well, they’ve made big impacts, won us a game, but being realistic we need some support. We’re trying, Martin is working his socks to make something happen. We need something, hopefully this week." Coleman had earlier in the month said he would not sell Vaughan without a replacement but said that Sunderland's struggles convinced him that something needed to change. The Black Cats boss said the club are waiting to hear on the availability of their targets "James wanted to be away, that’s OK," he said. "It didn’t work out for James with us, I think he scored twice in 23 games, so it never really worked out. We were bottom of the league before some things need to change. We’re waiting but the sooner the better."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-13, 6:58 pm

We need a miracle. It needs to start commencing next week against Hull.

The problem is we dont look like scoring and we have already lost too many times at home against teams around us.  We need a big influx of big physical hard lads to come in and be prepared to graft. We need the McNairs and others to stop feeling f*cking sorry for themselves and roll their sleeves up and be ready to stand up for the cause.

Need Rodders, Kone, N'dong and a few others shipped out. 

Fortunately results went with us after our earlier capitulation although I dont think we deserved to lose 4-0.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 7:25 pm

JHunterChron
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have GOT to sign strikers this week, says Coleman.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]➡️ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunderland's lack of firepower is a huge headache for Chris Coleman, and it must be addressed before next week's relegation clash with Hull City

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-14, 8:13 am

With Grabban gone our goals have dried up that is one of the pitfalls of the loan system when an essential player gets recalled we are left in limbo.
Got a feeling we will go defensive again against Hull due to lack of numbers and, unless we get decent bodies in by Tuesday ie. strikers then it could be yet another hard/bad day at the SOL.
We need a plan B we need to be able to adapt to going behind if we do go defensive because at present we don’t adapt and then we lose. Basic errors are costing us badly, not expecting error free games the players are only human after all but, the manager should be working on the basics not letting the ball bounce in the box from a corner, picking up players at set pieces, we just aren’t doing that now. Maybe it’s the tactics or more than likely as with previous managers Coleman has upset a few of the old heads with his honesty in interviews and so they down tools.
Coleman needs to learn quickly about the players he has, IMHO I thought he was finally getting to grips with them however, it seems as ever player power is taking over, moving out the dead wood is harder than we all thought.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-14, 9:19 am

Atm I am not sure I will go next Saturday...
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-14, 9:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:Atm I am not sure I will go next Saturday...
That is a decision we must all make Sunders but I will be there and hopefully will be seeing at least one new striker.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-01-14, 10:05 am

cyprussyd wrote:
That is a decision we must all make Sunders but I will be there and hopefully will be seeing at least one new striker.
Can you really see a new striker making a big enough difference?

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-14, 10:16 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
We need more than a new striker but a new striker who can put himself about would be a start. We also need some of our injured players back.
The question was about going and I will be there hoping for the best.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-01-14, 3:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
We need more than a new striker but a new striker who can put himself about would be a start. We also need some of our injured players back.
The question was about going and I will be there hoping for the best.

For the first time after watching yesterdays match I genuinely question if I was still living in Sunderland would I actually go to the match ? That thought would never of been in my head , ever , but now I really think I would not want to be there , I do not at present believe that most of the team want  or even care if 40.000 , 30,000 or only 10,000 turn up to watch . I now believe I would abstain in the hope no fkr turns up and then and only then will the club actually see people are fed up with watching shyte . I get that some will always want to support the 'lads' but does it really help the cause for a better future , I for one believe not .
Enjoy the next match Syd and co , lets hope you turning up week after week finally sinks into the thick heads @ SAFC that good honest folk do actually care .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-14, 3:44 pm

I thought of another positive from yesterday - our new loanee lad looked decent, and had a reasonable game given all around him made mistake after mistake.

If we can get Woodburn in as well and hopefuly Jon Walters we will have a better chance next weekend against Hull.

Feel sorry for Coleman. But if anyone can sort it out I have faith in him. Daft really but somehow I believe that! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 4:03 pm

We were great yesterday. Solid in defence, very strong in attack & creative in midfield.
I dunno where all this doom & gloom comes from.
In a few years we'll extend the stadium to 68,000 & be fed up of playing Barcelona & Bayern Munich as we cruise our way to the CL final.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-14, 4:12 pm

Billy D wrote:We were great yesterday. Solid in defence, very strong in attack & creative in midfield.
In a few years we'll extend the stadium to 68,000 & be fed up of playing Barcelona & Bayern Munich as we cruise our way to the CL final.
Now, now Billy let’s not get too carried away.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 4:23 pm

talcnturnip wrote:
Billy D wrote:We were great yesterday. Solid in defence, very strong in attack & creative in midfield.
I'm trying to look at it from Syd's point of view.
Doesn't matter what the reality is the're will always be sea lions who can clap there flippers & spin balls on their noses.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-14, 5:48 pm

Billy D wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:
Doesn't matter what the reality is the're will always be sea lions who can clap there flippers & spin balls on their noses.
Obviously you have trouble reading Billy or are simply a fool. When you become the voice of reason I question the point of continuing.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 6:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:
Obviously you have trouble reading Billy or are simply a fool. When you become the voice of reason I question the point of continuing.
Well have a nice evening anyway.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-01-14, 7:19 pm

Sad to see more than 5 years of friendly debate is under threat. The very thing that enticed many posters is under attack from a few that fail to understand the concept of loyal support for their home team. Owners and managers and even the playing staff may come and go but the fans are the only constant in the equation. 

Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you have to be happy with the state your club is in, but the true supporter tries his best to help the team when times are difficult and certainly doesn't ridicule someone looking for a positive in even the most dire circumstances.  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-14, 7:58 pm

canary-dave wrote:Sad to see more than 5 years of friendly debate is under threat. The very thing that enticed many posters is under attack from a few that fail to understand the concept of loyal support for their home team. Owners and managers and even the playing staff may come and go but the fans are the only constant in the equation. 

Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you have to be happy with the state your club is in, but the true supporter tries his best to help the team when times are difficult and certainly doesn't ridicule someone looking for a positive in even the most dire circumstances.  like
It’s very difficult and almost impossible to say something positive 
We all know we are massively underperforming.
However I will always support our team 
W heather I attend or not
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-14, 8:06 pm

Sorry Dave but even syd struggled to find a positive from yesterday in fact his only positive was that the three above us failed to win. Yet those who saw exactly what Coleman saw myself included are slated and called not true supporters because we dared to vent about yet another terrible display just because we weren’t there. , I thought that was what this and many other forums were about?
Most on here are very loyal supporters who have been pushed to the edge and, are now saying they have had enough, they do it via this forum and not at the SOL where they would boo and berate the players. Where this toxic atmosphere is only generated by the so called hard core supporters, do we really need supporters like that? Our crowds have halved in a season not because we are bad supporters but, because we are sick of being taken advantage of, sick of overpaid gimps taking the piss and sick of being told to KTF and FTM by those content with bottom feeding on scraps, those harking back to the 50s and 60s the “good old days” of SAFC. Maybe we should do what them up the road did with boycoooots and parading through the streets with a coffin bemoaning the death of their club? Or maybe we come on here and vent with people of a similar mindset. Hoping maybe to find a bit of banter knowing that everyone on here feels the same. Everyone on here is very pissed off mate we realise that we will not win every game 4-0, similarly we don’t expect to be beaten 4-0 every game, what we do expect is effort and players putting a shift in to at least try and get us out of the clarts. The players are not playing their part, the owner is not playing his part, the manager is not doing enough just yet ( my opinion) yet it is the fans who have to pay for that.
Syd said yesterday that Coleman had more fight than some on here, he could be right but, Coleman is being paid handsomely to show a bit of fight yet we are expected to cough up on average £30 a game for the privilege.
Forums are all about debate and different opinions mate yet when some don’t get their own way they start slinging shit at those who dare to say something negative about a performance that even the manager saw as a bad performance. FFS even syd was struggling to find something positive about yesterday and he is Mr Glass half full Positive.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 8:17 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Sorry Dave but even syd struggled to find a positive from yesterday in fact his only positive was that the three above us failed to win. Yet those who saw exactly what Coleman saw myself included are slated and called not true supporters because we dared to vent about yet another terrible display just because we weren’t there. , I thought that was what this and many other forums were about?
Most on here are very loyal supporters who have been pushed to the edge and, are now saying they have had enough, they do it via this forum and not at the SOL where they would boo and berate the players. Where  this  toxic atmosphere is only generated by the so called hard core supporters, do we really need supporters like that?  Our crowds have halved in a season not because we are bad supporters but, because we are sick of being taken advantage of, sick of overpaid gimps taking the piss and sick of being told to KTF and FTM by those content with bottom feeding on scraps, those harking back to the 50s and 60s the “good old days” of SAFC. Maybe we should do what them up the road  did with boycoooots and parading through the streets with a coffin bemoaning the death of their club? Or maybe we come on here and vent with people of a similar mindset. Hoping maybe to find a bit of banter knowing that everyone on here feels the same. Everyone on here is very pissed off mate we realise that we will not win every game 4-0, similarly we don’t expect to be beaten 4-0 every game, what we do expect is effort and players putting a shift in to at least try and get us out of the clarts. The players are not playing their part, the owner is not playing his part, the manager is not doing enough just yet ( my opinion) yet it is the fans who have to pay  for that.
Syd said yesterday that Coleman had more fight than some on here, he could be right but, Coleman is being paid handsomely to show a bit of fight yet we are expected to cough up on average £30 a game for the privilege.
Forums are all about debate and different opinions mate yet when some don’t get their own way they start slinging shit at those who dare to say something negative about a performance that even the manager saw as a bad performance. FFS even syd was struggling to find something positive about yesterday and he is Mr Glass half full Positive.
Excellent post & very true.
When I first joined this forum it wasn't explained to me that we all had to be best buddies, happy clap & agree all the time.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-14, 8:58 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Sorry Dave but even syd struggled to find a positive from yesterday in fact his only positive was that the three above us failed to win. Yet those who saw exactly what Coleman saw myself included are slated and called not true supporters because we dared to vent about yet another terrible display just because we weren’t there. , I thought that was what this and many other forums were about?
Most on here are very loyal supporters who have been pushed to the edge and, are now saying they have had enough, they do it via this forum and not at the SOL where they would boo and berate the players. Where  this  toxic atmosphere is only generated by the so called hard core supporters, do we really need supporters like that?  Our crowds have halved in a season not because we are bad supporters but, because we are sick of being taken advantage of, sick of overpaid gimps taking the piss and sick of being told to KTF and FTM by those content with bottom feeding on scraps, those harking back to the 50s and 60s the “good old days” of SAFC. Maybe we should do what them up the road  did with boycoooots and parading through the streets with a coffin bemoaning the death of their club? Or maybe we come on here and vent with people of a similar mindset. Hoping maybe to find a bit of banter knowing that everyone on here feels the same. Everyone on here is very pissed off mate we realise that we will not win every game 4-0, similarly we don’t expect to be beaten 4-0 every game, what we do expect is effort and players putting a shift in to at least try and get us out of the clarts. The players are not playing their part, the owner is not playing his part, the manager is not doing enough just yet ( my opinion) yet it is the fans who have to pay  for that.
Hear hear! Forums are not about us all agreeing.  We all support in our own way. No one has the right to define what being a 'proper' supporter is. No one can tell someone else how they feel is wrong. No one has the right to criticise just because we see things differently to others. Just keep it respectful and non-abusive (as it generally is) and let's all try and get through this bad patch eh?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-01-15, 6:30 am

I seem to have ruffled a few feathers, not my intention I assure you. I simply meant, as has been highlighted by Vince and H that opposing views should be treated with respect, which, in the main does happen on this forum, but a small minority take the opportunity to attack Syd for posting positive views. 

I don't mind being attacked but I cannot remain silent when Syd is targeted. 

I'm off to the hospital now for a stressful day of tests but I'll be back later to see you all. Fingers crossed  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-15, 7:26 am

canary-dave wrote:I seem to have ruffled a few feathers, not my intention I assure you. I simply meant, as has been highlighted by Vince and H that opposing views should be treated with respect, which, in the main does happen on this forum, but a small minority take the opportunity to attack Syd for posting positive views. 

I'm off to the hospital now for a stressful day of tests but I'll be back later to see you all. Fingers crossed  like
Best wishes Dave, I trust all goes well for you.

Ps. In times of conflict, I just close my eyes & turn it up.......

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-15, 7:56 am

canary-dave wrote:I seem to have ruffled a few feathers, not my intention I assure you. I simply meant, as has been highlighted by Vince and H that opposing views should be treated with respect, which, in the main does happen on this forum, but a small minority take the opportunity to attack Syd for posting positive views. 

Where's he been targeted or attacked?
I just dont see it.
All I see is people giving their opinions.
Anyway, hope all go's well for you today.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-15, 8:30 am

Tough... we all dislike tests and hospitals... good luck and take a good book or is it s kindle these days to distract and amuse
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum