SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Tonights team
Today at 7:53 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 4:53 am by Nostalgic

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 2:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Lukas Nmecha and Ben Woodburn

Go down

Lukas Nmecha and Ben Woodburn

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-08, 3:22 pm

Bids to bring Manchester City striker Lukas Nmecha and Liverpool forward Ben Woodburn to Sunderland have hit snags, as both youngsters have issues to be resolved at their parent clubs before they are allowed to leave on loan.

But both could still be unveiled at the Stadium of Light before next weekend, whilst Jake Clarke-Slater is expected to be named a Sunderland player later today. The Chelsea prospect’s loan deal is near completion, pending the results of a medical check.

Liverpool will hang on to Wales international Woodburn until they can secure reinforcements in the wake of Philippe Coutinho’s departure for Barcelona; and Manchester City intend on securing Nmecha to a new long term contract before he is allowed the opportunity to impress elsewhere.
Here’s the latest as we understand it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Lukas Nmecha in action against Sunderland Photo by Tom Flathers/Manchester City FC via Getty Images

Nmecha in talks over a new Etihad deal

Nmecha’s present deal is due to expire next summer and with rival Premier League clubs, including Everton, sniffing around the 19-year-old, the Etihad outfit are keen to sort out his long term future.
The star of England’s U19 European Championship success has seen his stock rise since the Young Lions exploits last summer and City are fully aware that a successful stint in the Championship would add fuel to Nmecha’s burgeoning reputation.
The giants of the Premier League, with their giant youth set-ups, are meticulous nowadays at ensuring young stars have no chance of returning to haunt them at a later date should they be enticed out of the academy in which they have been brought up.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Lukas Nmecha Photo by Robbie Jay Barratt - AMA/Getty Images

It is understood that Sunderland and Nmecha’s representatives have already discussed the possibility of a move to the Stadium of Light though there will be other suitors no doubt.
The key selling point in the Black Cats favour is the club’s desperate need for firepower in the wake of leading scorer Lewis Grabban’s exit last week.
The Manchester City youngster would immediately become a key figure in Chris Coleman’s armoury and that may sway the deal in Sunderland’s favour.
Pep Guardiola’s side will be aware that Jason Denayer was afforded plenty of opportunities on Wearside last season during his loan spell, though his failure to impress under David Moyes seems to have been a prelude to his current dismal stint with Galatasaray.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Jason Denayer was on loan at Sunderland last season. This term he’s stinking out Galatasaray Photo by Soccrates/Getty Images
The Turkish giants and the player himself were desperate to reunite this term after Guardiola vetoed Denayer’s move to Istabnbul and sent him to Sunderland instead in the summer of 2016. After a dreadful start to the Super Lig season, the 22-year-old has picked up a little of late but most observers expect no permanent deal to be reached with the Eredivisie mooted as the defender’s best best next season.
[/size]

Woodburn must wait...but Clarke-Salter is in town

Meanwhile, Ben Woodburn has little chance of becoming Jurgen Klopp’s short-to-medium term replacement for Phillipe Coutinho and is still almost certain to spend the rest of the season on loan - most likely at Sunderland.
But Liverpool are said to be weighing up their options, with Monaco’s Thomas Lemar suggested as their preferred choice to fill Coutinho’s £142m void. Klopp has proved patient in pursuit of his top targets in the past and any big bucks deal will take time but Woodburn could still be unveiled on Wearside as soon as the end of the week.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Ben Woodburn Photo by Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images
Time is one thing Sunderland don’t have, of course.
Saturday’s dismal exit from the FA Cup may have been a blessing in reality but a trip to third-placed Cardiff at the weekend already looks a likely point-less one ahead of a massive home game against Hull City seven days later. A boost in the form of new recruits is desperately needed.
Jake Clarke-Slater should be unveiled by the Black Cats later today which should give the place a bit of a lift. The centre back was due on Wearside yesterday but with Chris Coleman in Watford for an FA Youth Cup tie, a medical and the subsequent unveiling of the Chelsea prospect has had to wait for today.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lukas Nmecha and Ben Woodburn

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-09, 8:57 am

1 hr · 

Word is, Liverpool will allow central midfielder Ovie Ejaria to join Sunderland along with Ben Woodburn this month. Once hailed the ‘English Pogba’, what would the 20-year-old bring to the Black Cats midfield?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Liverpool could hoy central midfielder in with Woodburn as part of Sunderland loan deal
Word is, Liverpool will allow central midfielder Ovie Ejaria to join Sunderland along with Ben Woodburn this month. Once hailed the ‘English Pogba’, what…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-09, 10:00 am

Hey ho we do need players, even untried but promising ones, make do and mend.

I absolutely f##lking hate Short.

Sunderland has been an important football club for well over 100 years and we have been brought low by a scum bag american banker who does not give a stuff.

Let' hope some new owners in the near future restore the club, who will also dump the Bane of the club also
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-01-09, 10:35 am

Worth a go. Our current midfield won't get us out of this predicament. Shame Williams is a crock though - had a lot of hope for him.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-01-09, 12:15 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Hey ho we do need players, even untried but promising ones, make do and mend.

I absolutely f##lking hate Short.

Sunderland has been an important football club for well over 100 years and we have been brought low by a scum bag american banker who does not give a stuff.

Let' hope some new owners in the near future restore the club, who will also dump the Bane of the club also
Whilst I don't necessarily agree, I can understand fans feelings towards Short, but why Bain is on the receiving end of so much bile baffles me.

Can someone please explain what he's done to deserve this treatment?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Red black cat1956 on 2018-01-10, 11:16 am

We are going down a similar road as Coventry who have a venture capitalist owner Susio. They are further down the road that's, all but the fan apathy and player fears of playing in home games are beginning to take hold here. They have similar novel finance deals as Short set up and we have the end of his dealings in 2019. Short get out or sell up quickly or we'll be mired to the lower leagues.
Red black cat1956
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 10:49 am

The talented young forward that Leeds United and Bristol City have both been linked with in the course of this transfer window has received an SOS call from his former Wales manager.
Sunderland boss Chris Coleman is keen to sign Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool for the rest of the season, but no deal for the 18-year-old to leave Anfield on a temporary basis has yet been struck.

Sunderland send SOS call to Ben Woodburn
The 18-year-old is expected to go on loan this month with Sunderland, Leeds United and Bristol City all having raised an interest

SOMERSETLIVE.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-13, 11:17 am

cyprussyd wrote:The talented young forward that Leeds United and Bristol City have both been linked with in the course of this transfer window has received an SOS call from his former Wales manager.
Sunderland boss Chris Coleman is keen to sign Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool for the rest of the season, but no deal for the 18-year-old to leave Anfield on a temporary basis has yet been struck.

Sunderland send SOS call to Ben Woodburn
The 18-year-old is expected to go on loan this month with Sunderland, Leeds United and Bristol City all having raised an interest

We have no strikers for today’s game 
Bring on the kids 
Onward and upwards
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Shackleford on 2018-01-16, 3:20 pm

Hi, City fan here who has seen that Nmecha might be going to you on loan.  Just wanted to say that I have seen him quite a few times for our EDS and personally I think he's the real deal.  Difficult circumstances to contend with if he joins you but I'm sure the competitive matches will do him good.  I hope he joins you and can help turn things round for you. All the best.
Rusty Shackleford

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-16, 4:02 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Hi, City fan here who has seen that Nmecha might be going to you on loan.  Just wanted to say that I have seen him quite a few times for our EDS and personally I think he's the real deal.  Difficult circumstances to contend with if he joins you but I'm sure the competitive matches will do him good.  I hope he joins you and can help turn things round for you. All the best.
Hi Rusty welcome. We have another true blue that posts here Sid MCFC and seems you are made of similar stuff!

Hope you are right mate as we need all the help we can get right now. A few prayers might not even go amiss. Very Happy

All the best to you and your team and I hope you go on and win the league with a huge margin, even if Pep is an annoying bugger for messing around for us Fantasy Football players! Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-16, 4:22 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Hi, City fan here who has seen that Nmecha might be going to you on loan.  Just wanted to say that I have seen him quite a few times for our EDS and personally I think he's the real deal.  Difficult circumstances to contend with if he joins you but I'm sure the competitive matches will do him good.  I hope he joins you and can help turn things round for you. All the best.

Great game last night, pity you were just on the wrong side of 4-3
 I expect you to go on and win the league  (as long as Moanio and Manure do not)

Atm we have the worst team I have seen in 50 odd years of watching any help will be appreciated
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Shackleford on 2018-01-16, 5:40 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Hi Rusty welcome. We have another true blue that posts here Sid MCFC and seems you are made of similar stuff!

Hope you are right mate as we need all the help we can get right now. A few prayers might not even go amiss. Very Happy

All the best to you and your team and I hope you go on and win the league with a huge margin, even if Pep is an annoying bugger for messing around for us Fantasy Football players! Laughing
I think a lot of Blues have a soft spot for you guys.  What with Reidy and Quinn and not to mention you all laughing at united on the last day in 11-12! Absolute disgrace what you're going through currently but we have been there and you can come back stronger.  We had done that even before the good Sheikh bought us and so can you. Knocks me sick watching Moyes back at a Premier League club after his half hearted efforts last season even though he obviously wasn't the only or probably even the main problem.  Nmecha is good, he's got a touch of class about him. He seems like a really good lad too, confident but not arrogant which could be important in your tough battle. I genuinely think he has a chance of breaking into our first team in the next 2 or 3 years which is incredibly difficult but that's how highly I rate him.  But he isn't going to do it if he festers in our youth team so it is important to us that he goes out on loan and gets some proper football.  I'd be delighted on lots of levels if he can turn out to be the one who gives you a real chance of staying up.
Rusty Shackleford

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Shackleford on 2018-01-16, 6:53 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

Atm we have the worst team I have seen in 50 odd years of watching any help will be appreciated

Aye, we didn't really deserve anything tbf.  We were nowhere near our best and they are the second best team in the division so we were never going to get away with it.  Thought Stones was fouled for their second, it was a push in the back but still no excuse for losing our heads for the next ten or fifteen minutes. Still, not the end of the world given the gap at the top.  It is startling how quickly things have unravelled since you went down.  I know you have been poor for a few years and that relegation was coming but I thought you'd have enough to at least stabilise in the Championship.  The main thing I remember from when I look back at us going trough the same thing was that although it was desperate and depressing, in many ways it was a great time to be a City fan because the fans really pulled together.  Away days at that time were often fantastic and there was an incredible sense of togetherness and an us against the world mentality. Sounds daft but I wouldn't change it looking back and it makes the success we've had recently mean even more. You're a big club and you know you will be back, but I know that is no consolation to hear that when you're having to watch dross every week. First step is getting rid of the players who don't give a shit, even if you replace them with players who don't look as good on paper.
Rusty Shackleford

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-16, 7:24 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Aye, we didn't really deserve anything tbf.  We were nowhere near our best and they are the second best team in the division so we were never going to get away with it.  Thought Stones was fouled for their second, it was a push in the back but still no excuse for losing our heads for the next ten or fifteen minutes. Still, not the end of the world given the gap at the top.  It is startling how quickly things have unravelled since you went down.  I know you have been poor for a few years and that relegation was coming but I thought you'd have enough to at least stabilise in the Championship.  The main thing I remember from when I look back at us going trough the same thing was that although it was desperate and depressing, in many ways it was a great time to be a City fan because the fans really pulled together.  Away days at that time were often fantastic and there was an incredible sense of togetherness and an us against the world mentality. Sounds daft but I wouldn't change it looking back and it makes the success we've had recently mean even more. You're a big club and you know you will be back, but I know that is no consolation to hear that when you're having to watch dross every week. First step is getting rid of the players who don't give a shit, even if you replace them with players who don't look as good on paper.

Cheers mate... we are all fans at the end of the day
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-16, 8:55 pm

Sunderland are hopeful of signing young Manchester City striker Lukas Nmecha on loan to boost their chances of staying in The Championship.
Black Cats manager Chris Coleman wants to add firepower with his team bottom of the table and believes 19-year-old Nmecha could make a significant impact.
City’s starlet made his first-team debut for Pep Guardiola against Leicester in the Carabao Cup last month and has also scored for club’s Under 21s in the Football League Trophy this season.
Though born in Germany, Nmecha is eligible to play for England and helped the Under 19s become European champions last year.
Sunderland still hope to add Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool.
A deal had been struck between the clubs but Philippe Coutinho’s move to Barcelona has led to a delay with Klopp assessing his squad options with his team in three competitions.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum