SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Ligue 1 play off final
Yesterday at 10:54 pm by oxfordshire

» Straightforward question now a straightforward answer please
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Nostalgic

» Shows you the value
Yesterday at 10:10 pm by Nostalgic

» A serious Rodwell question
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Billy D

» Liverpool v Real Madrid
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:44 pm by Billy D

» Maybe some got it wrong
Yesterday at 7:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Well that's Fulham up.
Yesterday at 7:06 pm by Billy D

» Anyone like the cricket?
Yesterday at 5:56 pm by Billy D

» We could have a SunderMad team
Yesterday at 5:40 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cardiff City v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Cardiff City v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-14, 10:51 pm

Everybody needs to take a breathe . Magic Chill or Classic fm.. good radio stations to even out the bumps

Our beloved team is awful atm and has been for a while..
And everyone is pissed off it is going so badly.. 
So yeah lets disagree and have lots of banter etc
. But no falling out.. not allowed.. by order
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-15, 9:06 am

sunderpitt wrote:Everybody needs to take a breathe . Magic Chill or Classic fm.. good radio stations to even out the bumps

Quite right Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-01-15, 10:12 am

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Everybody needs to take a breathe . Magic Chill or Classic fm.. good radio stations to even out the bumps

Quite right Very Happy
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Red black cat1956 on 2018-01-17, 8:27 pm

I agree totally with this and I place supporters as either active and going to games or inactive not going to games but their common link is always to emotionally support the team. I find it difficult to justify paying the obscene prices for a match day experience which often ends up badly. Despite this, I am frequently gutted with the team. We all have the same common hope - a successful Sunderland Football Club this unites Sundeerland fans imo
On a music theme "Beat Surrender" after the match report on the Radio N lifts the mood after games
Red black cat1956
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-01-21, 4:04 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I think I will leave SunderMad to the we are stuffed brigade, there are lots out there and hope, well its not hope but fact that Coleman is more of a fighter than many on here.

Enjoy your night of doom.
So what shoudl we take form today to give us hope apart from Coleman himself being a fighter? How will that create a winning team and get us the points we need? The fact is we were poor all over the pitch.

Off the top of my head I saw that we were physically and mentally slow; lacking in energy and leadership; unable to pass a ball to our own players; unable to defend corners or free kicks; produced barely a through ball for Maja to try and get hold of; got three decent free kicks from Oviedo and not once did a Sunderland player get near to being on the end of them. Should I go on?

How can we take any positives from that?

I agee Coleman is a fighter but hoping he can sort it out on his own, with no funds and no new players, is naive at best.
You have me wrong H, I have no problem with anyone slating the team and performance today and I can see only one small positive, all around us also lost.
What I dont like are those who never comment on any good news but jump in to kick the team and club at every opportunity.
Syd you're wasting your time explaining your thoughts to these so called Sunderland supporters, some of whom  never see a match but depend on various newspaper reports and TV "highlights" to form their own opinion. Sadly what started as a very enjoyable forum has descended into a somewhat sour place because of a bunch of moaners.
With respect Les your response is well out of order.

I never call other posters for having different views and I never abuse or ridicule anyone so why call me a "so-called Sunderland supporter" because I made a conscious decision, perfectly justifiable in my mind, not to put any more cash into Short's pocket?

Watching on TV when I can, and listening on radio to every match, and yes also reading media reports, means I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinion of the state of our club. And what I saw yesterday, as I wrote above, was dross. Nowhere near good enough. Even Coleman agreed. Now that may be moaning to you but I call it stating the harsh facts.

I don't mind people disagreeing with my views, or my reasons for not going to the SOL any longer. But I strongly object to my lack of attendance being used to belittle my level of support and the insulting implication that I am hardly a supporter at all.

This forum is increasingly a "sour place" indeed, but it is not down to the "moaners" you refer to, but a depressing lack of tolerance and understanding of other people's points of view.
H there is no mention of any one individual in my post but I do believe that there are a number of posters who do not attend matches and comment on here about performances and attitude of the players. Your comment re I "used your lack of attendance as an insulting implication that you are hardly a supporter at all" is a figment of your imagination. It has often been posted that a forum is all about opinions and the post that I made is my genuine opinion. Your opinion of my post is that I was out of order and you are entitled to that opinion, I have no problem with that but I will not change my view because you or anyone else does not agree with what I have posted.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 4:11 pm

lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I think I will leave SunderMad to the we are stuffed brigade, there are lots out there and hope, well its not hope but fact that Coleman is more of a fighter than many on here.

So what shoudl we take form today to give us hope apart from Coleman himself being a fighter? How will that create a winning team and get us the points we need? The fact is we were poor all over the pitch.

Off the top of my head I saw that we were physically and mentally slow; lacking in energy and leadership; unable to pass a ball to our own players; unable to defend corners or free kicks; produced barely a through ball for Maja to try and get hold of; got three decent free kicks from Oviedo and not once did a Sunderland player get near to being on the end of them. Should I go on?

I agee Coleman is a fighter but hoping he can sort it out on his own, with no funds and no new players, is naive at best.
You have me wrong H, I have no problem with anyone slating the team and performance today and I can see only one small positive, all around us also lost.
What I dont like are those who never comment on any good news but jump in to kick the team and club at every opportunity.
Syd you're wasting your time explaining your thoughts to these so called Sunderland supporters, some of whom  never see a match but depend on various newspaper reports and TV "highlights" to form their own opinion. Sadly what started as a very enjoyable forum has descended into a somewhat sour place because of a bunch of moaners.

I never call other posters for having different views and I never abuse or ridicule anyone so why call me a "so-called Sunderland supporter" because I made a conscious decision, perfectly justifiable in my mind, not to put any more cash into Short's pocket?

Watching on TV when I can, and listening on radio to every match, and yes also reading media reports, means I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinion of the state of our club. And what I saw yesterday, as I wrote above, was dross. Nowhere near good enough. Even Coleman agreed. Now that may be moaning to you but I call it stating the harsh facts.

I don't mind people disagreeing with my views, or my reasons for not going to the SOL any longer. But I strongly object to my lack of attendance being used to belittle my level of support and the insulting implication that I am hardly a supporter at all.

This forum is increasingly a "sour place" indeed, but it is not down to the "moaners" you refer to, but a depressing lack of tolerance and understanding of other people's points of view.
H there is no mention of any one individual in my post but I do believe that there are a number of posters who do not attend matches and comment on here about performances and attitude of the players. Your comment re I "used your lack of attendance as an insulting implication that you are hardly a supporter at all" is a figment of your imagination. It has often been posted that a forum is all about opinions and the post that I made is my genuine opinion. Your opinion of my post is that I was out of order and you are entitled to that opinion, I have no problem with that but I will not change my view because you or anyone else does not agree with what I have posted.
No names have been mentioned by either of us Les indeed I tried to point out exactly who I was getting at but that explanation was ignored

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-21, 4:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

No names have been mentioned by either of us Les indeed I tried to point out exactly who I was getting at but that explanation was ignored
I agree with H.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-21, 4:52 pm

lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

As mine was the only post quoted, apart from Syds, it was not unreasonable to assume the reference to 'so-called Sunderland supporters' was directed at me, personally, as I am indeed one of those who no longer attend matches. So hardly a figment of my imagination if you look again.

But I accept you did not intend the post to be a personal attack and apologise for thinking you had kiss
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-21, 5:07 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

As mine was the only post quoted, apart from Syds, it was not unreasonable to assume the reference to 'so-called Sunderland supporters' was directed at me, personally, as I am indeed one of those who no longer attend matches. So hardly a figment of my imagination if you look again.

But I accept you did not intend the post to be a personal attack and apologise for thinking you had kiss
Do I need to buy a hat?  sorry

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-01-21, 6:00 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

H Thank you for your post it is very much appreciated and illustrates why Sundermad is the best of the football forums. We all have differing views and they often quite strongly felt but Sundermad does not burst into flame wars similar to other places.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum