SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» League Table Week 21
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 22
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by canary-dave

» What about us? Come on son you will love Roker
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 21
Yesterday at 8:11 pm by gil t azell

» RIP Jimmy
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» A Good read IMO
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Robin Ruiter
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by Hieronymus

» Will we stay up with no reinforcements?
Yesterday at 11:26 am by Billy D

» Thanks Syd, thanks Billy
Yesterday at 11:20 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cardiff City v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cardiff City v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-13, 12:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Mathews carrying injury
Yeh I was supposed no Mathews in line up 
Although not great he has showed a little lately
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 12:28 pm

Catts bon the bench

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-13, 2:22 pm

It' simple... worst team for over 50 years.. desperately need loads of good players... not very likely

We are stuffed
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 2:31 pm

I think I will leave SunderMad to the we are stuffed brigade, there are lots out there and hope, well its not hope but fact that Coleman is more of a fighter than many on here.

Enjoy your night of doom.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-13, 2:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I think I will leave SunderMad to the we are stuffed brigade, there are lots out there and hope, well its not hope but fact that Coleman is more of a fighter than many on here.

Now now Syd nobody enjoys doom

Unless you are talking about doom bar not a bad pint
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-13, 2:38 pm

Soon as Cardiff put the slightest pressure on we caved in. Really poor today and on this showing we will not escape relegation again this season. Coleman has a fight on his hands, and its not with the players its with the owner and CEO to get enough backing (i.e. hard cash) to get some players in who are going to make a (positive) difference.

For today I agree with Gary Bennett , who said after the game:

The Cardiff fans can't believe who they're playing against. It's schoolboy stuff. We're 4-0 down and it could easily be five or six.
You don't just throw the towel in when you're down to 10 men. You give the ball away and you get punished. You're 2-0 down, you don't get beat by three or four. We showed no fight.
Some players are accepting we're going down. Or don't care because they're not going to be here.
You look around and have to ask them - 'Do you want to be here?' There are some that are saying 'I'm not going to be here, I don't want to here. I don't care if we lose 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0.'
That's the question that needs to be asked.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-13, 2:51 pm

We went there to defend and go for the 0-0 like we did at Wolves, it worked first half but, IMO a terrible goalkeeping error gave them the game. The team was not set up to score goals just defend we failed at that so we needed to score the goals we were not set up to score, again with all our previous managers after Roy Keane there is no plan B. Ndong sending off was again for me harsh but, they are given now so nothing we can do about that and, that was that.
The doom and gloom/reality take your pick will kick in at full time today if the 3 immediately above us win, all have home games.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-13, 2:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I think I will leave SunderMad to the we are stuffed brigade, there are lots out there and hope, well its not hope but fact that Coleman is more of a fighter than many on here.

So what shoudl we take form today to give us hope apart from Coleman himself being a fighter? How will that create a winning team and get us the points we need? The fact is we were poor all over the pitch.

Off the top of my head I saw that we were physically and mentally slow; lacking in energy and leadership; unable to pass a ball to our own players; unable to defend corners or free kicks; produced barely a through ball for Maja to try and get hold of; got three decent free kicks from Oviedo and not once did a Sunderland player get near to being on the end of them. Should I go on?

How can we take any positives from that?

I agee Coleman is a fighter but hoping he can sort it out on his own, with no funds and no new players, is naive at best.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-13, 3:01 pm

Was Robson injured? He was our best player against Boro so why drop him?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-13, 4:29 pm

Chris Coleman fumed at his 'soft' Sunderland side for gifting Cardiff City the initiative just seconds into the second half. Callum Paterson scored from a corner to put the Bluebirds ahead, sparking a collapse from the opponents who saw Didier Ndong sent off and Joe Ralls score a second within ten minutes. Cardiff strolled to a 4-0 win after that, with Paterson scoring again and substitute Anthony Pilkington converting at the back post with the last kick of the game. Coleman said: "The first goal, 45 seconds after the restart, you can't accept it. For 45 minutes we’re OK, our keeper only really has save to make in the half. To then give them a goal like that, you can’t. Well, you can, but if we do we will stay exactly where we are. "We’ve got 900 fans down here who have been travelling since three this morning, that is tough. Bottom of the league, it is a long journey home for them. We didn’t deserve anything after that 45 seconds. I can’t get my head around it. What are we thinking? We’re fine, we’re set, to let that happen… I can’t accept that." It was a similar goal to the crucial header from Ethan Pinnock in the recent home defeat to Barnsley. The centre-back stooped to head the Tykes home unmarked from a corner shortly after the restart, a moment from which Sunderland did not recover. The similarity was not lost on Coleman who said his side were showing a 'soft mentality'. He said: "45 seconds after the restart, 1-0 down, you can’t accept that. It’s a poor mistake we made. You can’t do that at this level, not when you are we are. "It’s soft, a soft mentality, simple as that, no toughness. Toughness isn’t nailing someone in a challenge, putting them on their backs, that is easy. Toughness is mental, that’s what it is. "Staying strong, making consistently good decisions. We’re going to stay where we are doing that, it’s no coincidence we're at the bottom. We’re gifting goals to teams."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-13, 5:09 pm

At least we are no worse off in terms of position since Burton, Bolton and Birmingham all lost also. But we cannot keep on relying on other teams being just as bad or worse than us!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-13, 7:07 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

Now now Syd nobody enjoys doom

Unless you are talking about doom bar not a bad pint

No such thing. You may get an indifferent one but a "bad pint", no it just doesnt happen.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-13, 7:19 pm

Well we're very happy in the H household tonight ... NOT!

Two 4-0 defeats by our teams and to be honest Everton could have let 6 or 7 in but for Pickford and the woodwork. Maybe sam is not the messiah after all?

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-14, 9:42 am

Hieronymus wrote:

So what shoudl we take form today to give us hope apart from Coleman himself being a fighter? How will that create a winning team and get us the points we need? The fact is we were poor all over the pitch.

Off the top of my head I saw that we were physically and mentally slow; lacking in energy and leadership; unable to pass a ball to our own players; unable to defend corners or free kicks; produced barely a through ball for Maja to try and get hold of; got three decent free kicks from Oviedo and not once did a Sunderland player get near to being on the end of them. Should I go on?

I agee Coleman is a fighter but hoping he can sort it out on his own, with no funds and no new players, is naive at best.
You have me wrong H, I have no problem with anyone slating the team and performance today and I can see only one small positive, all around us also lost.
What I dont like are those who never comment on any good news but jump in to kick the team and club at every opportunity.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-14, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

You have me wrong H, I have no problem with anyone slating the team and performance today and I can see only one small positive, all around us also lost.
What I dont like are those who never comment on any good news but jump in to kick the team and club at every opportunity.

So I might have a fatal illness but my headache has gone... be thankful for small mercies.

Of course we have hope.. if we can by hook or by crook bring in some decent players and the injuries of others improve.. even Roswell might "recover".. (that might bebpushing it). Where there is life there is hope.. it seems nobody is intetested in buying us and Scooge and his sidekick  are intent on their austerity policy.. so where is a superhero when you need one.. I like Deadpool!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-14, 10:17 am

“You have me wrong H, I have no problem with anyone slating the team and performance today and I can see only one small positive, all around us also lost.
What I dont like are those who never comment on any good news but jump in to kick the team and club at every opportunity.”
At the minute though that’s all we can comment on mate, the Wolves game where we all lost our minds with a 0-0 draw, the Fulham win at home again losing our minds because we won a game at home for the first time in a year were for me the only high points so far this season. No doubt others feel the same which is why we can only comment on the bad things as that is all we have to comment on. There will be no positive posts until we start winning games regularly and playing well regularly and, of course getting out of the bottom three.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-14, 10:19 am

talcnturnip wrote:“You have me wrong H, I have no problem with anyone slating the team and performance today and I can see only one small positive, all around us also lost.
What I dont like are those who never comment on any good news but jump in to kick the team and club at every opportunity.”
At the minute though that’s all we can comment on mate, the Wolves game where we all lost our minds with a 0-0 draw, the Fulham win at home again losing our minds because we won a game at home for the first time in a year were  for me the only high points so far this season. No doubt others feel the same which is why we can only comment on the bad things as that is all we have to comment on. There will be no positive posts until we start winning games regularly and playing well regularly and, of course getting out of the bottom three.
My point must have been lost in translation

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 10:25 am

Spot on H, Sunders & Talc.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-01-14, 1:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Syd you're wasting your time explaining your thoughts to these so called Sunderland supporters, some of whom  never see a match but depend on various newspaper reports and TV "highlights" to form their own opinion. Sadly what started as a very enjoyable forum has descended into a somewhat sour place because of a bunch of moaners.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-14, 1:23 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Syd you're wasting your time explaining your thoughts to these so called Sunderland supporters, some of whom  never see a match but depend on various newspaper reports and TV "highlights" to form their own opinion. Sadly what started as a very enjoyable forum has descended into a somewhat sour place because of a bunch of moaners.
Good to see you post my freind.
How are you and how is Marj, look forward to seeing you on Saturday

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2018-01-14, 4:10 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

“Thoughts to these so called Sunderland supporters some of whom never see a match ”
 I take it you went to the game lesmac? 
I do not take my thoughts from the media or highlights, I attend games not too many at home but quite a few away. Not this one as it was televised, so watched in a pub. The only people souring and moaning are people like you who are content with third rate players tactics and management, content with being bottom of the fizzy pop, because you KTF or FTM. You talk absolute bollocks, if you are happy with our present predicament then fair enough you are in the minority at the minute. 
Too many of our older fans seem to think being loyal to players and management and owners will bring success, it won’t and the reason for that is the players, owners and management don’t give a toss as long as they are earning their over inflated salaries, again if the cap fits wear it.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 4:32 pm

talcnturnip wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

“Thoughts to these so called Sunderland supporters some of whom never see a match ”
 I take it you went to the game lesmac? 
I do not take my thoughts from the media or highlights, I attend games not too many at home but quite a few away. Not this one as it was televised, so watched in a pub. The only people souring and moaning are people like you who are content with third rate players tactics and management, content with being bottom of the fizzy pop, because you KTF or FTM. You talk absolute bollocks, if you are happy with our present predicament then fair enough you are in the minority at the minute. 
Too many of our older fans seem to think being loyal to players and management and owners will bring success, it won’t and the reason for that is the players, owners and management don’t give a toss as long as they are earning their over inflated salaries, again if the cap fits wear it.
Spot on again Talc.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-14, 8:54 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

With respect Les your response is well out of order.

I never call other posters for having different views and I never abuse or ridicule anyone so why call me a "so-called Sunderland supporter" because I made a conscious decision, perfectly justifiable in my mind, not to put any more cash into Short's pocket?

Watching on TV when I can, and listening on radio to every match, and yes also reading media reports, means I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinion of the state of our club. And what I saw yesterday, as I wrote above, was dross. Nowhere near good enough. Even Coleman agreed. Now that may be moaning to you but I call it stating the harsh facts.

I don't mind people disagreeing with my views, or my reasons for not going to the SOL any longer. But I strongly object to my lack of attendance being used to belittle my level of support and the insulting implication that I am hardly a supporter at all.

This forum is increasingly a "sour place" indeed, but it is not down to the "moaners" you refer to, but a depressing lack of tolerance and understanding of other people's points of view.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-14, 9:15 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I never call other posters for having different views and I never abuse or ridicule anyone so why call me a "so-called Sunderland supporter" because I made a conscious decision, perfectly justifiable in my mind, not to put any more cash into Short's pocket?

Watching on TV when I can, and listening on radio to every match, and yes also reading media reports, means I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinion of the state of our club. And what I saw yesterday, as I wrote above, was dross. Nowhere near good enough. Even Coleman agreed. Now that may be moaning to you but I call it stating the harsh facts.

I don't mind people disagreeing with my views, or my reasons for not going to the SOL any longer. But I strongly object to my lack of attendance being used to belittle my level of support and the insulting implication that I am hardly a supporter at all.

This forum is increasingly a "sour place" indeed, but it is not down to the "moaners" you refer to, but a depressing lack of tolerance and understanding of other people's points of view.
Yes indeed.
Avery good post.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-14, 10:42 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Yes indeed.
Avery good post.
Well put H.

Last edited by Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-14, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next