SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» I agree with Charlie 100%
Yesterday at 11:22 pm by Silvers

» League Attendances
Yesterday at 2:02 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 112
Yesterday at 12:55 pm by MrRAWhite

» BREXIT again
Yesterday at 12:25 pm by cyprussyd

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 11:13 am by barrowmackem

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 11:03 am by Kipper

» A fine line
2018-09-24, 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
2018-09-24, 10:39 pm by Silvers

» Our new music
2018-09-24, 1:17 pm by vinkel

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Far from ideal but

Go down

Far from ideal but

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-06, 10:24 am

We can shout for Short to invest all we like but sorry Sunders, it ain't going to happen.

Coleman seems to be looking at young hungry players with quality to give energy and hopefully get us to season end in one championship peice.

NDong, Kone and Grabban had the lucky knack of being injured so move all three and make space available for players who want to play.

If ever there was a time to get behind the manager its now.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46923
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  TNT on 2018-01-06, 10:34 am

Strange how Grabban “lucky injury” was timed nicely with his recall and, no doubt will go straight into whichever team he ends up at with a miraculous recovery.
With you on Ndong and Kone mind both have just given up on us. Quite a few both on here and at the SOL have been shouting for young hungry players rather than the old tired injury prone crap we’ve had to endure for years mate.
Not a fan of Coleman he took Fulham backwards a good National team manager but, not sold on his club management yet. Having said that I can see some improvement in the team, I can also see the same old Sunderland rising to the surface in some games, jury still out for me but will be backing him for the next few games at least.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-06, 10:53 am

Is The young players we are linked with 
Younger than our Owen young players 
Looks like beadling isn’t good enough or is it our young players take more time to mature 
Strange our young players struggle to get a start.
Infact we have players who have been at our club for many years and are noe 22 ish year old.
We are loaning in young good fit and willing players are they any better than what we got .??????????????????
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7250
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  paddocklad on 2018-01-06, 11:11 am

That’s the 60 mill dollar question and puts some weight behind the shouts that the academy is not producing
avatar
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 329
Join date : 2015-08-20
Age : 48
Location : Chester-le-Street

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-06, 6:59 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Strange how Grabban “lucky injury” was timed nicely with his recall and, no doubt will go straight into whichever team he ends up at with a miraculous recovery.
With you on Ndong and Kone mind both have just given up on us. Quite a few both on here and at the SOL have been shouting for young hungry players rather than the old tired injury prone crap we’ve had to endure for years mate.
Not a fan of Coleman he took Fulham backwards a good National team manager but, not sold on his club management yet. Having said that I can see some improvement in the team, I can also see the same old Sunderland rising to the surface in some games, jury still out for me but will be backing him for the next few games at least.
Disagree with you about Coleman at Fulham, he kept them at mid-table in his four or so seasons their which, for a smallish club, is pretty commendable.  Hodgson used the basis of that team to get them to the UEFA final so Coleman left a reasonable legacy as well.

One thing that does not impress me however is him calling the players kittens when they in a dog fight.  Not good for spirit or morale.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4065
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-06, 7:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We can shout for Short to invest all we like but sorry Sunders, it ain't going to happen.

Coleman seems to be looking at young hungry players with quality to give energy and hopefully get us to season end in one championship peice.

NDong, Kone and Grabban had the lucky knack of being injured so move all three and make space available for players who want to play.

If ever there was a time to get behind the manager its now.
like

A number are only concerned with there pay so that they can spend it on other less fortunate souls.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9985
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  TNT on 2018-01-06, 7:50 pm

The facts are there No’s 9th to 14th in 4 seasons is going backwards.
Haven’t seen his kitten comment mind , then again we all know the majority of our players are not up for it.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-06, 9:03 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Strange how Grabban “lucky injury” was timed nicely with his recall and, no doubt will go straight into whichever team he ends up at with a miraculous recovery.
With you on Ndong and Kone mind both have just given up on us. Quite a few both on here and at the SOL have been shouting for young hungry players rather than the old tired injury prone crap we’ve had to endure for years mate.
Not a fan of Coleman he took Fulham backwards a good National team manager but, not sold on his club management yet. Having said that I can see some improvement in the team, I can also see the same old Sunderland rising to the surface in some games, jury still out for me but will be backing him for the next few games at least.
Disagree with you about Coleman at Fulham, he kept them at mid-table in his four or so seasons their which, for a smallish club, is pretty commendable.  Hodgson used the basis of that team to get them to the UEFA final so Coleman left a reasonable legacy as well.

One thing that does not impress me however is him calling the players kittens when they in a dog fight.  Not good for spirit or morale.

Hi Nos, I think he might be referring to the young debuts from U23/U21 as not yet mature Cats...thoughts folks?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9985
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-06, 9:16 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Strange how Grabban “lucky injury” was timed nicely with his recall and, no doubt will go straight into whichever team he ends up at with a miraculous recovery.
With you on Ndong and Kone mind both have just given up on us. Quite a few both on here and at the SOL have been shouting for young hungry players rather than the old tired injury prone crap we’ve had to endure for years mate.
Not a fan of Coleman he took Fulham backwards a good National team manager but, not sold on his club management yet. Having said that I can see some improvement in the team, I can also see the same old Sunderland rising to the surface in some games, jury still out for me but will be backing him for the next few games at least.
Disagree with you about Coleman at Fulham, he kept them at mid-table in his four or so seasons their which, for a smallish club, is pretty commendable.  Hodgson used the basis of that team to get them to the UEFA final so Coleman left a reasonable legacy as well.

One thing that does not impress me however is him calling the players kittens when they in a dog fight.  Not good for spirit or morale.

Hi Nos, I think he might be referring to the young debuts from U23/U21 as not yet mature Cats...thoughts folks?
Maybe our kids don’t mature quick enough
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7250
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-06, 9:35 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Strange how Grabban “lucky injury” was timed nicely with his recall and, no doubt will go straight into whichever team he ends up at with a miraculous recovery.
With you on Ndong and Kone mind both have just given up on us. Quite a few both on here and at the SOL have been shouting for young hungry players rather than the old tired injury prone crap we’ve had to endure for years mate.
Not a fan of Coleman he took Fulham backwards a good National team manager but, not sold on his club management yet. Having said that I can see some improvement in the team, I can also see the same old Sunderland rising to the surface in some games, jury still out for me but will be backing him for the next few games at least.
Disagree with you about Coleman at Fulham, he kept them at mid-table in his four or so seasons their which, for a smallish club, is pretty commendable.  Hodgson used the basis of that team to get them to the UEFA final so Coleman left a reasonable legacy as well.

One thing that does not impress me however is him calling the players kittens when they in a dog fight.  Not good for spirit or morale.

Hi Nos, I think he might be referring to the young debuts from U23/U21 as not yet mature Cats...thoughts folks?
Perfect point and one I didn't register at the time.  Sleep

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4065
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  TNT on 2018-01-06, 9:40 pm

Think you were right first time Nos.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-07, 12:19 am

We're in a dogfight and you don't go into a dogfight with kittens, that's for sure. I just need whoever is ready for it and the boys today were ready,' said Coleman.
'We were naive and nervous but at least they were out there having a go. These are the players we need, and they need support in terms of strength and depth,' he added.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5242587/Coutinho-delays-Ben-Woodburns-Sunderland-loan.html#ixzz53SArtNTY 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46923
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-07, 3:26 am

talcnturnip wrote:Think you were right first time Nos.
50/50  Laughing  

Probably lost in animal translation  Suspect

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9985
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  TNT on 2018-01-07, 7:18 am

Think his hand was forced with the lads he put in yesterday syd, with the old pros allegedly not bothering the young lads shone. Hopefully the kittens comment was aimed at those who didn’t bother their arse yesterday and not a pop at the young lads.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-07, 8:18 am

Will Grabban score against us next weekend after he signs for Cardiff tomorrow?
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5314
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  TNT on 2018-01-07, 9:13 am

Not a betting man but, I’d put money on it.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Far from ideal but

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum