SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 7:48 pm by gil t azell

» Happy Christmas
Today at 7:41 pm by Kipper

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Today at 7:37 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 18
Today at 2:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Weekend Weather.
Today at 10:00 am by cyprussyd

» From the Don
Today at 8:58 am by sunderpitt

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
Yesterday at 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Sartori
Yesterday at 12:08 pm by sunderpitt

» The bad old days
2018-12-13, 10:16 pm by cyprussyd

» The South Stand
2018-12-13, 8:57 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Woodburn could be near

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Woodburn could be near

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-04, 12:37 pm

Liverpool news: Sunderland odds-on to beat Leeds to Ben Woodburn signing

SUNDERLAND are the bookies’ favourites to sign Liverpool forward Ben Woodburn.

By ALEX HARRIS
PUBLISHED: 11:06, Thu, Jan 4, 2018 | UPDATED: 11:13, Thu, Jan 4, 2018

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]GETTY
Sunderland are odds-on favourites to sign Ben Woodburn
Black Cats boss Chris Coleman hopes to work his Wales connections to bring Woodburn to the Stadium of Light for the rest of the season.

But he faces competition from Championship rivals Leeds United to take the 18-year-old on loan.

SkyBet believe Woodburn is destined for Sunderland and price the Championship’s bottom club as odds-on favourites at 1/2 to sign him in this transfer window. 

Leeds are priced at 16/1 along with Norwich City while Bristol City are 20/1 shots to sign him. 

Woodburn has made just one appearance for Liverpool this season but Jurgen Klopp has indicated Woodburn could remain at Anfield for the rest of the campaign.

Discussing whether he will allow Liverpool’s young players to head out on loan, Klopp said: “We will see. These boys are all really close, much closer than you can see when I do the squad.

“We have to decide at one point if it makes sense that they stay. For a lot of them, it makes sense that they stay here because we need them. For a few, maybe it makes a little bit less sense.

“We will see and nothing is decided so far. We will see which clubs are asking and then we have to make a decision whether it is good for the boy or not and all these things.

Sunderland are 1/2 to sign Ben Woodburn
“But, really, for most of them there will be no transfer window. They will stay here.”

SkyBet, however, believe a move is likely.

Woodburn is 4/11 to leave Liverpool before February 3 while he is 2/1 to stay. 

Liverpool will reportedly only grant a loan move for Woodburn if he is guaranteed playing time.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Woodburn could be near

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-04, 12:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Liverpool news: Sunderland odds-on to beat Leeds to Ben Woodburn signing

SUNDERLAND are the bookies’ favourites to sign Liverpool forward Ben Woodburn.

By ALEX HARRIS
PUBLISHED: 11:06, Thu, Jan 4, 2018 | UPDATED: 11:13, Thu, Jan 4, 2018

Sunderland are odds-on favourites to sign Ben Woodburn
Black Cats boss Chris Coleman hopes to work his Wales connections to bring Woodburn to the Stadium of Light for the rest of the season.

But he faces competition from Championship rivals Leeds United to take the 18-year-old on loan.

SkyBet believe Woodburn is destined for Sunderland and price the Championship’s bottom club as odds-on favourites at 1/2 to sign him in this transfer window. 

Leeds are priced at 16/1 along with Norwich City while Bristol City are 20/1 shots to sign him. 

Woodburn has made just one appearance for Liverpool this season but Jurgen Klopp has indicated Woodburn could remain at Anfield for the rest of the campaign.

Discussing whether he will allow Liverpool’s young players to head out on loan, Klopp said: “We will see. These boys are all really close, much closer than you can see when I do the squad.

“We have to decide at one point if it makes sense that they stay. For a lot of them, it makes sense that they stay here because we need them. For a few, maybe it makes a little bit less sense.

“We will see and nothing is decided so far. We will see which clubs are asking and then we have to make a decision whether it is good for the boy or not and all these things.

Sunderland are 1/2 to sign Ben Woodburn
“But, really, for most of them there will be no transfer window. They will stay here.”

SkyBet, however, believe a move is likely.

Woodburn is 4/11 to leave Liverpool before February 3 while he is 2/1 to stay. 

Liverpool will reportedly only grant a loan move for Woodburn if he is guaranteed playing time.
When grabban goes 
That might be a runner
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-04, 2:55 pm

Coleman during his press conference said a lone move will be concluded by the Weekend. No names mentioned but my money would be on Woodburn 

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-04, 3:01 pm

Coleman saying we will have a new loan deal by the weekend and no bids in for any of our players yet

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-05, 2:19 pm

@SkySports_Keith
Understand Sunderland won’t manage to sign anyone in time to play tomorrow in the FA Cup. The player they’re targeting is likely to be used by their parent club over the weekend. Likely to happen next week.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-01-05, 4:13 pm

It starts then we say this weekend and the parent club/player say next week, sometime. Be a shame if we get through this round as Woodburn will be cup tied if he plays tonight.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-05, 5:07 pm

M

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2018-01-05, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-05, 5:08 pm

Woodburn or Maja
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-01-05, 5:30 pm

Would rather we played our own youth instead of someone else’s if I’m honest as pound to a pinch of shit he will go back ( if he comes that is) in May all the better for us giving him game time. Then we all wonder why the young uns move on.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-05, 6:30 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-05, 7:54 pm

Woodburn not in Liverpool team tonight, or on the bench  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-05, 8:42 pm

@SkySports_Keith
Although Chris Coleman is very keen to bring Ben Woodburn to Sunderland, he’s not the player they’re close to bringing in on loan.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-05, 9:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@SkySports_Keith
Although Chris Coleman is very keen to bring Ben Woodburn to Sunderland, he’s not the player they’re close to bringing in on loan.
Keith whee?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-05, 9:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@SkySports_Keith

So the ginger Pirlo is returning then?

Or could it be that both the nappy rippers will be returning with the SAFC coach after tomorrow's game.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-05, 10:14 pm

Finally, some positive news on the transfer front - Chelsea defender set to be the first signing of the January window on Monday...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chelsea defender set to be Chris Coleman’s first Sunderland signing after cup outing; who is he?
Chelsea’s England Under-20 centre back, Jake Clarke-Salter, is set to be named as the first signing of the Chris Coleman era at Sunderland - who is he, and…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-05, 10:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Finally, some positive news on the transfer front - Chelsea defender set to be the first signing of the January window on Monday...

Chelsea defender set to be Chris Coleman’s first Sunderland signing after cup outing; who is he?
Chelsea’s England Under-20 centre back, Jake Clarke-Salter, is set to be named as the first signing of the Chris Coleman era at Sunderland - who is he, and…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
Whee's this Keith tw@t you keep quoting?
Some arsehole journo?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-05, 10:24 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Finally, some positive news on the transfer front - Chelsea defender set to be the first signing of the January window on Monday...

ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
Some arsehole journo?
Go to bed and sleep it off Billy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-05, 11:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
Some arsehole journo?
Sleep what off?
I just wanna know whee this Keith bloke is.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-05, 11:20 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
Some arsehole journo?
Sleep what off?
I just wanna know whee this Keith bloke is.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keith Downie - Sky Sports North East England Reporter
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-05, 11:57 pm

@SkySports_Keith
Chris Coleman set to make his first signing as Sunderland boss by Monday. Understand it’s a centre-back.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-07, 12:20 am

Sunderland's loan move for Liverpool starlet Ben Woodburn delayed by the departure of Philippe Coutinho

Coutinho's Barca move delays Woodburn's loan switch to Sunderland
Sunderland have lined up a package to take Liverpool's Ben Woodburn on loan for the rest of the season but the deal has been delayed because of Philippe Coutinho's move to Barcelona.
DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-01-07, 7:11 am

To be fair mate it sounds like he doesn’t fancy coming to us in our present position, can’t blame him for that plus he will get lumps kicked out of him with us not good for a young lad.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-07, 7:19 am

talcnturnip wrote:To be fair mate it sounds like he doesn’t fancy coming to us in our present position, can’t blame him for that plus he will get lumps kicked out of him with us not good for a young lad.
How on earth do you reach the conclusion he does not want to come?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-07, 7:58 am

Get this Woodburn in plus the Chelsea lad and it is already better. mainly cos anything is better than the current shower of sh*te plying their trade over there. Having said that lets see how these lads perform. I still think some w*nker on the playing staff is controlling things over there for whatever reason.

Yup I am a cynical conspiracy theorist.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-07, 8:25 am

gil t azell wrote:Get this Woodburn in plus the Chelsea lad and it is already better. mainly cos anything is better than the current shower of sh*te plying their trade over there. Having said that lets see how these lads perform. I still think some w*nker on the playing staff is controlling things over there for whatever reason.

Yup I am a cynical conspiracy theorist.
Do you play cards  Suspect

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum