SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Latest from The Don
Today at 11:31 am by cyprussyd

» 2018/19 League
Today at 10:27 am by Spuggy

» Feck it I've had enough
Today at 9:48 am by cyprussyd

» ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly
Today at 9:44 am by cyprussyd

» Dance of the knights
Today at 8:59 am by MrRAWhite

» Almost There
Today at 8:58 am by sunderpitt

» Time to move on and find a player who wants to be here
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Kevin Ball
Yesterday at 10:48 pm by MrRAWhite

» May not be true mind
Yesterday at 9:50 pm by cyprussyd

» St Mirren highlights
Yesterday at 9:42 pm by gil t azell

Worst team in living memory

Go down

Worst team in living memory

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-01, 11:06 pm

To be brutally honest it never has been that great supporting Sunderland. 
But also being honest the present team is vying for the honours of worst team ever.

We have had some stinkers, Brown, McNemey and Buckland (sps) but as we plummet into the 3rd division with a very pathetic group of players.. this had got to be the worst.

Thanks Short and Bane
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst team in living memory

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-01, 11:34 pm

But the sad truth is that we ended last season with a bad squad, then lost our goalscorer and keeper and replaced the required players with just over 1 mil.

We then lose half the squad to injury and have players like O'Shea who were meant to be back up playing every game.

Cookie needs our help like never before because he wont be getting help from anywhere else.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-01-02, 6:01 am

What we need is Short to kick start our transfer window, identify the vital area and improve it before selling or sending players back. A very good chance that won’t happen as I think now Short has washed his hands of us and is just hoping we cling on in the fizzy pop to be sold at the end of the season.
We are poor all over the pitch, keepers who do not inspire, a defence that is either too old and slow or just not good enough for this league even, a midfield devoid of any ideas about creativity and a forward line on loan that could be halved by the end of the window. I think with the right 3/4 players we could survive just not sure we will get them.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 9:12 am

talcnturnip wrote:What we need is Short to kick start our transfer window, identify the vital area and improve it before selling or sending players back. A very good chance that won’t happen as I think now Short has washed his hands of us and is just hoping we cling on in the fizzy pop to be sold at the end of the season.
We are poor all over the pitch, keepers who do not inspire, a defence that is either too old and slow or just not good enough for this league even, a midfield devoid of any ideas about creativity and a forward line on loan that could be halved by the end of the window. I think with the right 3/4 players we could survive just not sure we will get them.
Yeh I think this is the worse side [team] I have ever seen 
However like Syd says they need all our support at this time.
I can’t see short releasing any money and may be only loan deals
After we have off loaded the high earnears and got rid of a few.
Then cookie may be able to wheel and deal 

I HOPE:like:
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-02, 10:19 am

We're far too lightweight for this league.
We need some big, strong bullying lads in the squad.
We get shoved off the ball far too easily because there's no muscle or bulk in the side.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 11:33 am

Billy D wrote:We're far too lightweight for this league.
We need some big, strong bullying lads in the squad.
We get shoved off the ball far too easily because there's no muscle or bulk in the side.
Unfortunately we need rid of quite a few players before we can get some big bruisers in.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-02, 6:34 pm

sunderpitt wrote:To be brutally honest it never has been that great supporting Sunderland. 
But also being honest the present team is vying for the honours of worst team ever.

We have had some stinkers, Brown, McNemey and Buckland (sps) but as we plummet into the 3rd division with a very pathetic group of players.. this had got to be the worst.

Thanks Short and Bane

Is the prospect of Administration, the beacon of light we all seek at the end of the tunnel from our billionaire owner  Suspect

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-02, 6:56 pm

There is one major flaw in this post, In living memory on Sundermad could be as little as last Friday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-02, 7:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:There is one major flaw in this post, In living memory on Sundermad could be as little as last Friday.
lol! lol! lol!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-02, 7:40 pm

cyprussyd wrote:There is one major flaw in this post, In living memory on Sundermad could be as little as last Friday.

Unfortunately it is out there.. Dawn the mag Thewlis and Jeff Brown both reckon this is the worst side ever.

I would not like to say what the average number of years posters on here have been watching Sunderland..50+ years for me
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-02, 7:47 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
lol! lol! lol!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-02, 7:48 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

Unfortunately it is out there.. Dawn the mag Thewlis and Jeff Brown both reckon this is the worst side ever.

I would not like to say what the average number of years posters on here have been watching Sunderland..50+ years for me
I take no notice of what Dawn Clueless says but we are shit.
Went to my first game in jubilee year - 1977, 10 years old.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-02, 8:38 pm

I was late to the party, my first match was in May 1982 when I was 25, so almost 37 years 

It was last game of the season and we needed to win to stay up (how many seasons has that been the case since then?) and we won 1-0 vs Man City with a Mick Buckley goal. The atmosphere when the goal went in, and at the end, meant I was hooked even though I don't think it was a very good game at all tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum