SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:24 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Port Vale!
Yesterday at 9:13 pm by Silvers

» Milwaukee Mackems
2019-03-23, 7:24 pm by Hieronymus

» Tickets
2019-03-23, 3:27 pm by Kipper

» Something is dodgy
2019-03-23, 12:50 pm by cyprussyd

» A new wee Mackem arrives
2019-03-23, 12:48 pm by cyprussyd

» I just love my club
2019-03-23, 10:27 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 32
2019-03-23, 8:06 am by oldblackcat

» Cup Final Info
2019-03-22, 5:58 pm by cyprussyd

» I agree with this
2019-03-22, 12:18 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Van Dyke £75m

Go down

Van Dyke £75m

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-27, 7:05 pm

To think he toured the AoL with Dick when he was at Celtic.. £8-10m then.. Well done Scrooge Short. Alonso likewise.. grrr
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-27, 8:42 pm

Just said the same to Mr H. Another missed opportunity indeed Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9773
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-27, 9:18 pm

TBF we did bring in Wilson and Pappy

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 48664
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-27, 9:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:TBF we did bring in Wilson and Pappy

Yep there we have it...

Just to rub it in one J Evans was interested in joining us.


So we could have had Evans Van Dyke and Alonso in the back 4..
 Not galling at all is it.


Cookie is now left trying to make a 'silks purse out of a sows ear'
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-27, 9:53 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:TBF we did bring in Wilson and Pappy

Yep there we have it...

Just to rub it in one J Evans was interested in joining us.


So we could have had Evans Van Dyke and Alonso in the back 4..
 Not galling at all is it.


Cookie is now left trying to make a 'silks purse out of a sows ear'
Evans wanted MUFC (who wouldn't) VD chose Soton, Alonso not an optiON.

My made up information just as good as yours.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4173
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 81
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-27, 10:59 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:TBF we did bring in Wilson and Pappy

Yep there we have it...

Just to rub it in one J [size=31]Evans was interested in joining us.[/size]


[size=31]So we could have had Evans Van Dyke and Alonso in the back 4..[/size]
[size=31] Not galling at all is it.[/size]


[size=31]Cookie is now left trying to make a 'silks purse out of a sows ear'[/size]
Evans wanted MUFC (who wouldn't) VD chose Soton, Alonso not an optiON.

My made up information just as good as yours.

Van Dyke was given a tour of Aol by his fellow countryman Advocat when he was our manager. Evans when he was told he was surplus to requirements at Manure, his agent talked to us cos he had enjoyed his year here but ended up at West Brom. We had an option on Alonso after his loan but did not take it up..the only made-up part is I am assuming Short did not want to pay the fees/wages for these 3.. all were strong possibles who for whatever reason did not come.. do you know why they did not land here? O and i missed M'Vila. We did not have an option on Rose at the end of his loan
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-28, 2:18 am

Evans chose WBA on advice of Ferguson and Darren Fletcher.  VanDijk signed for Koeman instead of Advacaat, We did Spurs a favour over Rose when they realised how good he was when he got a long run in a team, we even trained him to international standard.

Not a lot any club can do when they are turned down by other clubs or ignored by players.  Shame it is seen as us not being interested in all cases.

With acknowledgement to Wiki of course.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4173
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 81
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-28, 7:37 am

Nostalgic wrote:Evans chose WBA on advice of Ferguson and Darren Fletcher.  VanDijk signed for Koeman instead of Advacaat, We did Spurs a favour over Rose when they realised how good he was when he got a long run in a team, we even trained him to international standard.

Not a lot any club can do when they are turned down by other clubs or ignored by players.  Shame it is seen as us not being interested in all cases.

With acknowledgement to Wiki of course.
Couldn't find the reference sorry but have you got a link?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10258
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-28, 7:23 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Evans chose WBA on advice of Ferguson and Darren Fletcher.  VanDijk signed for Koeman instead of Advacaat, We did Spurs a favour over Rose when they realised how good he was when he got a long run in a team, we even trained him to international standard.

Not a lot any club can do when they are turned down by other clubs or ignored by players.  Shame it is seen as us not being interested in all cases.

With acknowledgement to Wiki of course.
Couldn't find the reference sorry but have you got a link?
It's got a bit buried with all the current interest in him by the big b oys, but try jonny evans/ferguson and it comes up as a Telegraph article.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4173
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 81
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-28, 8:30 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Evans chose WBA on advice of Ferguson and Darren Fletcher.  VanDijk signed for Koeman instead of Advacaat, We did Spurs a favour over Rose when they realised how good he was when he got a long run in a team, we even trained him to international standard.

Not a lot any club can do when they are turned down by other clubs or ignored by players.  Shame it is seen as us not being interested in all cases.

With acknowledgement to Wiki of course.
Couldn't find the reference sorry but have you got a link?
It's got a bit buried with all the current interest in him by the big b oys, but try jonny evans/ferguson and it comes up as a Telegraph article.

For sure the red nose drunken Scotsman disliked us following City winning the title and us jeering them. He would not do us any favours. I have a sneaking feeling though tjat money talks
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-28, 8:51 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:TBF we did bring in Wilson and Pappy

Yep there we have it...

Just to rub it in one J Evans was interested in joining us.


So we could have had Evans Van Dyke and Alonso in the back 4..
 Not galling at all is it.


Cookie is now left trying to make a 'silks purse out of a sows ear'
Danny Rose would have joined us too. Sigh Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9773
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-28, 9:34 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Evans chose WBA on advice of Ferguson and Darren Fletcher.  VanDijk signed for Koeman instead of Advacaat, We did Spurs a favour over Rose when they realised how good he was when he got a long run in a team, we even trained him to international standard.

Not a lot any club can do when they are turned down by other clubs or ignored by players.  Shame it is seen as us not being interested in all cases.

With acknowledgement to Wiki of course.
Couldn't find the reference sorry but have you got a link?
It's got a bit buried with all the current interest in him by the big b oys, but try jonny evans/ferguson and it comes up as a Telegraph article.
cheers

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10258
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-12-29, 7:47 am

Just my opinion of course.....but Van Dijk isn't that great a player...certainly not worth 75million,I would say Jonny Evans is better
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2595
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 58
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-29, 11:35 am

oldblackcat wrote:Just my opinion of course.....but Van Dijk isn't that great a player...certainly not worth 75million,I would say Jonny Evans is better
He is a good player and may become great but I don't think Van Dijk is worth that sort of money either. It is just stupid.

Not sure Jonny Evans IS a better player but I would have him in my team in a flash. Van Dijk has twice gone on 'strike' when he did not get the moves he wanted so he is certainly not the better man IMO.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9773
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Guest on 2017-12-29, 12:05 pm

Is he related to Dick?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  canary-dave on 2017-12-29, 12:51 pm

Billy D wrote:Is he related to Dick?
He always signs his letters as "P Niss" so you could be right  Very Happy

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14472
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-29, 2:07 pm

Billy D wrote:Is he related to Dick?

I think I mentioned Mary Poppins a little while ago, somebody called Dick had the worst cockney ever...even 50 years on
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Guest on 2017-12-29, 5:56 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Billy D wrote:Is he related to Dick?

I think I mentioned Mary Poppins a little while ago, somebody called Dick had the worst cockney ever...even 50 years on
Apart from Danny Dyer.  Smile
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  canary-dave on 2017-12-29, 6:53 pm

Billy D wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Billy D wrote:Is he related to Dick?

I think I mentioned Mary Poppins a little while ago, somebody called Dick had the worst cockney ever...even 50 years on
Apart from Danny Dyer.  Smile
Leeve it aht  Twisted Evil

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14472
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Guest on 2017-12-29, 7:18 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Billy D wrote:Is he related to Dick?

I think I mentioned Mary Poppins a little while ago, somebody called Dick had the worst cockney ever...even 50 years on
Apart from Danny Dyer.  Smile
Leeve it aht  Twisted Evil
Laughing
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-30, 1:28 pm

On the subject of the ones who got away.. . Just watching the 'auld firm derby'.. one Flash Gordon can return betwern the sticks any time he chooses  Wink
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-30, 3:07 pm

sunderpitt wrote:On the subject of the ones who got away.. . Just watching the 'auld firm derby'.. one Flash Gordon can return betwern the sticks any time he chooses  Wink
Aye indeed Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9773
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Dyke £75m

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum