SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» UFOs/Aliens
Today at 1:56 am by niceonemarra

» That McNair goal
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by oldblackcat

» Predictions Week ..
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by oldblackcat

» Sunderland v Burton
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Meeting between SAFC and Supporter Groups Collective Thursday 12th April 2018, Stadium of Light
Yesterday at 12:55 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland ticket policy shift to keep out Newcastle United fans
2018-04-19, 11:47 pm by MrRAWhite

» Safe standing
2018-04-19, 11:25 pm by Hieronymus

» No news is good news!
2018-04-19, 2:20 pm by canary-dave

» Alonso named PFA left back of the year
2018-04-19, 1:04 pm by cyprussyd

» To V or not to V.
2018-04-19, 12:54 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The January Rumour Mill.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: The January Rumour Mill.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-02, 8:42 am

Ben Woodburn continues to be linked with a loan move to Sunderland. Indeed, some will tell you the deal is already done. But is the Liverpool youngster what the struggling Black Cats need right now?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ben Woodburn could be one of Chris Coleman’s first signings for Sunderland; but is he any good?
Ben Woodburn continues to be linked with a loan move to Sunderland. Indeed, some will tell you the deal is already done. But is the Liverpool youngster what…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 9:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:Ben Woodburn continues to be linked with a loan move to Sunderland. Indeed, some will tell you the deal is already done. But is the Liverpool youngster what the struggling Black Cats need right now?

Ben Woodburn could be one of Chris Coleman’s first signings for Sunderland; but is he any good?
Ben Woodburn continues to be linked with a loan move to Sunderland. Indeed, some will tell you the deal is already done. But is the Liverpool youngster what…
I think we have to move others first
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-02, 9:45 am

Did Chris Coleman hint Didier Ndong is away?
Sunderland midfielder linked with move to Watford...

Did Chris Coleman hint Didier Ndong is away? Sunderland midfielder linked with move to Watford
Didier Ndong is being linked with a move to Watford and Chris Coleman may have already dropped a hint he expects Sunderland’s record signing to depart…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 10:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:Did Chris Coleman hint Didier Ndong is away?

Did Chris Coleman hint Didier Ndong is away? Sunderland midfielder linked with move to Watford
Didier Ndong is being linked with a move to Watford and Chris Coleman may have already dropped a hint he expects Sunderland’s record signing to depart…
He is a high earner
He will most likely be sold
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-02, 10:46 am

Vincemac wrote:

He is a high earner

But not JR... 

I spoke to a fan who was at the Sheffield game and apparently we were worse than against Barnsley.

We need a huge inflow of players if we are to improve.. is it likely to happen  Evil or Very Mad
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 11:06 am

sunderpitt wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

He is a high earner

But not JR... 

I spoke to a fan who was at the Sheffield game and apparently we were worse than against Barnsley.

We need a huge inflow of players if we are to improve.. is it likely to happen  Evil or Very Mad
Well we need rid of most of them.
We have to have a team worthy of supporting and shouting for.
I know it’s not good to change the personnel to drastically but these bunch are not performing 
It’s ok saying it’s down to confidence 
But really is the whole 11 got no confidence ???
Big changes are needed we surely can’t get worse as I have said previously 
THIS IS THE WORSE SUNDERLAND I HAVE EVER SEEN.
 Now it’s up to short and cookie to put it better 
They need our support more now than ever before

Last edited by Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-01-02, 11:49 am

Just had a beautiful porterhouse steak with pepper sauce and delicious chips to celebrate her indoors 75th birthday so cookie and short not getting my supper.
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-02, 12:19 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Just had a beautiful porterhouse steak with pepper sauce and delicious chips to celebrate her indoors 75th birthday so cookie and short not getting my supper.
I’m having lunch
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-02, 2:48 pm

Watford have contacted Sunderland over out-of-favour midfielder Didier Ndong, the Watford Observer understands.
Ndong has not started a game for the Stadium of Light club since early November and has featured only twice in brief cameo substitute appearances since then, and is believed to be an £8 million target for the Hornets.
Watford are one of a number of clubs interested in the Gabon midfielder, but are keen to make additions to their squad in the middle of the park durin...
See more

UPDATED: Hornets in talks with Sunderland over midfielder
Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong, who is currently struggling to force his way into the Black Cats' squad, is in the sights of Watford,…
WATFORDOBSERVER.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-02, 2:49 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-01-02, 2:53 pm

Funny syd but not that far from the truth mate

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-01-02, 4:48 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:He will be a loan though mate we have no loans left unless we lose Grabban.
Can’t see him coming to us if I’m honest.
Sounds a decent player if we could get him mind.
I think we can have 8 loan players but only 5 can be named on team sheet so should be okay. Not that I am expecting Grabban to stay mind. Crying or Very sad

Maybe Sid MCFC knows something about this lad we are looking at?
He’s certainly got a lot of potential but I don’t think he’s turned 18 yet.

I’ve only seen him play once (his debut) and that was in December against Leicester in the league cup.  You can’t miss him on the pitch,  he’s a big lad and for his size fast as well. That game went to penalties and I was surprised to see him take the second one but he put it away it’s aplomb.

When the England U19s won the World Cup in the Summer he scored the winner in both the semi and final.

The EDS play next to the Etihad and a lot of City fans regularly watch them.  I’ve looked at comments on a City forum about him over the last couple of years.  Most are very positive with some even saying he reminds them of a young Harry Kane!!  I know I know I laughed as well.    Having said that some fans have said sod that he looks more like Wilfred Bony!!  (Being a City that that’s not a compliment)

Pep has often criticised the fact that the EDS teams etc don’t have the opportunity to play proper competitive games as they do on the continent and so is a advocate of loaning youngsters out to gain experience at a proper club.  

I’ve not seen any stories or heard rumours down this way about him going out on loan but the feeling is that he should do. 

Personally I’d love it if you got him.  Happy New Year to everybody by the way. Very Happy
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-01-02, 6:12 pm

That
Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:He will be a loan though mate we have no loans left unless we lose Grabban.
Can’t see him coming to us if I’m honest.
Sounds a decent player if we could get him mind.
I think we can have 8 loan players but only 5 can be named on team sheet so should be okay. Not that I am expecting Grabban to stay mind. Crying or Very sad

Maybe Sid MCFC knows something about this lad we are looking at?
He’s certainly got a lot of potential but I don’t think he’s turned 18 yet.

I’ve only seen him play once (his debut) and that was in December against Leicester in the league cup.  You can’t miss him on the pitch,  he’s a big lad and for his size fast as well. That game went to penalties and I was surprised to see him take the second one but he put it away it’s aplomb.

When the England U19s won the World Cup in the Summer he scored the winner in both the semi and final.

The EDS play next to the Etihad and a lot of City fans regularly watch them.  I’ve looked at comments on a City forum about him over the last couple of years.  Most are very positive with some even saying he reminds them of a young Harry Kane!!  I know I know I laughed as well.    Having said that some fans have said sod that he looks more like Wilfred Bony!!  (Being a City that that’s not a compliment)

Pep has often criticised the fact that the EDS teams etc don’t have the opportunity to play proper competitive games as they do on the continent and so is a advocate of loaning youngsters out to gain experience at a proper club.  

I’ve not seen any stories or heard rumours down this way about him going out on loan but the feeling is that he should do. 

Personally I’d love it if you got him.  Happy New Year to everybody by the way. Very Happy
Thanks Sid MCFC, that all sounds very exciting to me! Even if he is very young, as you say they need competitive games to improve. I would not be surprised if he should come here, that he gets added to our ever increasing list of young players that we take on loan who then become invaluable to their home clubs, or get sold for vast sums, only not to us Crying or Very sad

And a very Happy New Year to you too Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-01-02, 6:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Ben Woodburn continues to be linked with a loan move to Sunderland. Indeed, some will tell you the deal is already done. But is the Liverpool youngster what the struggling Black Cats need right now?

ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
We need absolutely anything right now cos ANYTHING is a damn sight better than what we currently have. Gareth Hall & Jeff Whitley are better than what we currently have.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-01-02, 6:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've said it before & I'll say it again, FOUR more years, he ain't going nowhere  No

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-01-03, 10:31 pm

Colback still rumoured.
Plus a couple from boro - Adams Clayton and Forshaw.
Also jerome from Norwich.
Anyone's better than no one now...well maybe not Colback. The boro boys might be OK Jerome could do better than Vaughan.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-03, 11:47 pm

Marco Silva plans to beef up his injury-hit engine room with Ndong at the top of his wanted list.
Gabon international Ndong, who has not started for Sunderland since early November, is free to leave for just £7m.

Watford plan January raid of Sunderland, Leicester and Liverpool
WATFORD want Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong to kick-start a triple January swoop.
DAILYSTAR.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-04, 7:40 am

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman has hinted he might be open to the idea of letting Jonny Williams and Brendan Galloway return from their loans

Could Jonny Williams and Brendan Galloway return from loans?
Sunderland manager Chris Coleman has hinted he might be open to the idea of letting Jonny Williams and Brendan Galloway return from their loans
CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-04, 8:18 am

I rate Coleman as I have rated a few of our recent managers.. . But unless they can bring in quality players we and they are fated to continue the same dismal performances.

If, as a few have said we were worse at Sheffield than we played against Barnsley.. the slide into lower leagues will go on.

Short must hate us otherwise he would back his managers with cash
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-01-04, 9:04 am

What this fella says^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We're up shit creek without a paddle.
And I'll tell you summat else while Im here.
Word will go around the managerial merry-go-round that Sunderland are a no-no as your hands will be tied behind your back.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-01-04, 12:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland manager Chris Coleman has hinted he might be open to the idea of letting Jonny Williams and Brendan Galloway return from their loans

Could Jonny Williams and Brendan Galloway return from loans?
Looks like the only deals we will get is replacement loans
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-01-04, 3:12 pm

Money from player sales

Coleman on whether he will get money to invest from sales:
"I wouldn't have all of it. It depends on which player (is sold) and the amount. But I think Martin is definitely on board with that, though we will have to go to Ellis. If we sell a player for millions then a percentage of that we hope to reinvest."

[size=14][size=24]Loan signings

How many signings can you bring in?
Coleman: "I think the more the better. We have got to be realistic. If we make signings, they will be loan signings as I sit here now.
"I haven't got money to say I'm going to bid this for him, and bid that for him."

[size=20]I'm confident there will be a face in between now and the weekend

[size=12]Chris Coleman
On signing new players

[/size][/size][/size][/size]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-01-04, 3:56 pm

Gibson is out for 8 to 10 weeks 

It just does not get easier...

I wonder what contract Coleman is on?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-01-04, 6:02 pm

You have to wonder when managers keep coming with the promise of no money they must have one hell of a bonus Clause
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-01-04, 6:35 pm

Nobody with an ounce of brains would broadcast how much they will be spending in the coming weeks.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum