SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Tonights team
Today at 7:53 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 4:53 am by Nostalgic

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 2:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

The January Rumour Mill.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The January Rumour Mill.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-24, 9:37 am

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman is hoping to be reunited with Wales star Ben Woodburn in the January transfer window.
The Black Cats boss also wants to bring in Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes as he looks to banish Championship relegation worries.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is prepared to allow 18-year-old Woodburn out on loan for the rest of the season, providing he is guaranteed substantial playing time.
Leeds have also enquired, but Coleman is hoping that the fact he gave the youngster his opportunity on the international stage with Wales will give Sunderland the advantage.
And, in a bid to bring goals to his struggling side, Coleman has registered an interest in Owls striker Rhodes, who has yet to make an impact since his move from Middlesbrough.
Sunderland want striking reinforcements after suffering the blow of losing England Under-21 star Duncan Watmore for the rest of the season with a cruciate knee injury

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The January Rumour Mill.

Post  TNT on 2017-12-24, 9:45 am

Only rumours I know mate but, sounds more and more like Grabban going back to be sold which will free up a loan space and give Woodburn or Rhodes the game time.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-24, 12:08 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Only rumours I know mate but, sounds more and more like Grabban going back to be sold which will free up a loan space and give Woodburn or Rhodes the game time.
Yep, Grabbans goal yesterday wont help us keep him

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-25, 8:05 am

Are we linked with Jordan Rhodes yet again?  This is like the Fabio saga its every bloody transfer window.

Woodburn is only a kid but Klopp would be keen on letting him go on loan methinks. I would also imagine there are better suitors than us will go in for him.

Lets hope Chrissy boy has a few surprises for us.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-25, 9:14 am

As we fight to get clear of relegation... the Ins (and outs?) Are going to have a big impact

Let' hope Scrooge Short comes up trumps ( he he)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-27, 9:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-27, 9:19 pm

Reports this evening claim Sunderland are leading the race to sign Scunthorpe United winger Hakeeb Adelakun. What would he bring? We collared BBC Humberside’s Matt Dean for the lowdown.

Sunderland tracking Scunthorpe winger Adelakun; so is he any good? BBC journo gives us his view
Reports this evening claim Sunderland are leading the race to sign Scunthorpe United winger Hakeeb Adelakun. What would he bring? We collared BBC…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-27, 9:21 pm

LIVERPOOL youngster Ben Woodburn has FOUR clubs scrapping to sign him in January’s biggest tug-of-war.
The Wales forward, 18, has Leeds, Norwich and Preston joining Sunderland in the race to land him for the rest of the campaign

Kop kid Woodburn wanted on loan by Sunderland, Leeds, Norwich and Preston
LIVERPOOL youngster Ben Woodburn has FOUR clubs scrapping to sign him in January’s biggest tug-of-war. The Wales forward, 18, has Leeds, Norwich and…

THESUN.IE

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2017-12-28, 6:30 am

And we nearly had Virgil Van Dyke once upon a time and now supposedly going to Liverpool for a bargain £75 MILL
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-28, 7:45 am

cyprussyd wrote:LIVERPOOL youngster Ben Woodburn has FOUR clubs scrapping to sign him in January’s biggest tug-of-war.
The Wales forward, 18, has Leeds, Norwich and Preston joining Sunderland in the race to land him for the rest of the campaign

LIVERPOOL youngster Ben Woodburn has FOUR clubs scrapping to sign him in January’s biggest tug-of-war. The Wales forward, 18, has Leeds, Norwich and…

THESUN.IE

Obviously he's good otherwise Wales wouldn't have grabbed him but who has watched him & is he what we need.......someone ?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-28, 10:09 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:LIVERPOOL youngster Ben Woodburn has FOUR clubs scrapping to sign him in January’s biggest tug-of-war.

THESUN.IE

Obviously he's good otherwise Wales wouldn't have grabbed him but who has watched him & is he what we need.......someone ?
Coleman has so we need to trust him

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-28, 3:51 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-28, 4:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maybe we could swap him for Rodney?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-12-29, 7:51 am

He's not a bad player would be a decent signing for us
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-29, 8:08 am

oldblackcat wrote:

He's not a bad player would be a decent signing for us
Wonder why they released him?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-29, 8:43 am

You don’t release good players stay well away.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-29, 8:48 am

talcnturnip wrote:You don’t release good players stay well away.
That's what I was thinking & QPR aren't exactly flying.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-29, 9:50 am

Another player on Moyes' radar is a former player under him at Sunderland, 28-year-old centre-back Lamine Kone, who played a key role in keeping the Black Cats in the Premier League under the Scotsman. The defender is currently out with a knee injury.
Sunderland are reportedly willing to get him off the wage bill and are open to doing a deal.

Moyes targets trio with Premier League experience to join in January
The Hammers boss has reportedly lined up three players he wants next month

FOOTBALL.LONDON

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-29, 10:18 am

Lazy journos mate Moyes didn’t keep us up.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-30, 12:30 am

THERE have been further transfer talks inside the Academy of Light this week, with Chris Coleman desperate to land a couple of new recruits as soon as possible after the window opens on Monday.
He is hopeful quick progress can be made having had the discussions with head of recruitment Neale McDermott and chief executive Martin Bain, with Scunthorpe’s Hakeeb Adelakun and Rangers’ James Tavernier two to be considered.
Liverpool teenager Ben Woodburn is very much a priority for Coleman, having worked with him with Wales and he is convinced he can attack the Championship despite his tender 18 years of age.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-30, 11:24 am

Scunthorpe doing well in League 1 so not sure they would sell one of their best players when they are pushing for promotion. Tavernier is a right back which is fair enough I suppose but, it’s a left back we need. Got a feeling these two are a smoke screen as there is only a slim chance we would get them. Think Adelakun worth about £250K, Tavernier about £650K, can’t see us forking out that money anytime soon.
Something some of us were talking about last night was Coleman walking if no money turns up and, the longer Swansea go managerless the more worried I’d be about Coleman going to his hometown club, only us having a drunken chat so not a rumour just 2 and 2 making 5.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-30, 11:29 am

talcnturnip wrote:Scunthorpe doing well in League 1 so not sure they would sell one of their best players when they are pushing for promotion. Tavernier is a right back which is fair enough I suppose but, it’s a left back we need. Got a feeling these two are a smoke screen as there is only a slim chance we would get them. Think Adelakun worth about £250K, Tavernier about £650K, can’t see us forking out that money anytime soon.
Something some of us were talking about last night was Coleman walking if no money turns up and, the longer Swansea go managerless the more worried I’d be about Coleman going to his hometown club, only us having a drunken chat so not a rumour just 2 and 2 making 5.
Swansea have a manager and Coleman wont walk

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-30, 12:47 pm

1 out of two mate none of us knew about their new manager.
He knows we have no money but, I’m guessing he has been promised funds to strengthen at the very least and, if that doesn’t appear then who knows.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-30, 3:32 pm

Carlos Carvalhal was confirmed Swansea manager 2 days ago, only 4 days after being sacked on Christmas Eve by Sheffield Wednesday!

I am pretty certain Coleman will sell Kone and Ndong and get some of that for new players.  Even without funds I am hoping for Ben Woodburn on loan. Caulker on a free with something to prove might be okay. Cannot see Tavernier being allowed to leave unless we are willing to pay mega money (for us!)
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-30, 4:03 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Carlos Carvalhal was confirmed Swansea manager 2 days ago, only 4 days after being sacked on Christmas Eve by Sheffield Wednesday!

I am pretty certain Coleman will sell Kone and Ndong and get some of that for new players.  Even without funds I am hoping for Ben Woodburn on loan. Caulker on a free with something to prove might be okay. Cannot see Tavernier being allowed to leave unless we are willing to pay mega money (for us!)
I agree on Tavernier.
Rangers don't sell their best players unless it's for big dosh.
Anyone remember a certain T A Flo?   Sad
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum