SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 1:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Some very nasty people out there

Go down

Some very nasty people out there

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-20, 6:25 pm

Raheem Sterling: hooligan admits racially aggravated attack on Man City winger

• 3 hours ago

• [size=13]From the sectionMan City[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Raheem Sterling is Manchester City's top goalscorer in all competitions this season

A convicted football hooligan has been jailed for a racist and "unprovoked" attack on Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling.
Karl Anderson, 29, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated common assault after Sterling was attacked outside City's training ground on Saturday.
The court heard Anderson already has 25 convictions for 37 offences, including football-related violence.
He has been jailed for 16 weeks and must pay £100 in compensation.[/size]

[size=11]Karl Anderson was given a five-year football banning order earlier this year after violence at a pub before Manchester United's FA Cup home match against Sheffield United in January last year[/size]
Anderson, who kicked Sterling four times during the assault, said he "lost his temper" and was sorry for his actions.
He abused the City player using racist language, as well as telling Sterling he wanted his mother and child to die.
In a victim impact statement read out to the court, Sterling, 23, said he "did not think this kind of behaviour happened in this country in this day and age".
CCTV footage of the attack outside City's training complex was played to the court, which showed Anderson pulling up in his van alongside Sterling.
In sentencing him, magistrate Diana Webb-Hobson called it an "entirely unprovoked attack" and described Anderson's previous record as "appalling".
Anderson, of Woodward Street in Manchester, smiled as he was taken from the dock.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some very nasty people out there

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-20, 7:03 pm

Jailing him for 16 weeks is worse than useless as a deterrent or as a punishment. I am not a flog 'em or hang 'em type of person but this sort of behaviour cannot get fixed by such a light sentence especially with his record. Plus it gives a message to others that such behaviour is only seen by the authorities as worthy of a slap on the wrist Twisted Evil
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-12-21, 3:27 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Jailing him for 16 weeks is worse than useless as a deterrent or as a punishment. I am not a flog 'em or hang 'em type of person but this sort of behaviour cannot get fixed by such a light sentence especially with his record. Plus it gives a message to others that such behaviour is only seen by the authorities as worthy of a slap on the wrist Twisted Evil
I couldn’t agree more.  I’m quite sure the vast amount of Utd fans deplore his attack just as much as we all do. Even if he didn’t follow a sport he would find an outlet for his aggression and views.  

He’ll be out in 8 weeks but in the meantime a hope he shares a cell with ........  Put it this way somebody who disagrees with his thuggish and racist behaviour.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Red black cat1956 on 2018-01-11, 2:19 pm

Appalling failure of the CJS - he'll probably only serve a 6 weeks. Its an Insult and he'll be seen as a hero by his racist mates
Red black cat1956
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum