SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» League Table Week 21
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 22
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by canary-dave

» What about us? Come on son you will love Roker
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 21
Yesterday at 8:11 pm by gil t azell

» RIP Jimmy
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» A Good read IMO
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Robin Ruiter
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by Hieronymus

» Will we stay up with no reinforcements?
Yesterday at 11:26 am by Billy D

» Thanks Syd, thanks Billy
Yesterday at 11:20 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Kipper, oxfordshire

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Good luck Tommy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good luck Tommy

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-19, 5:59 pm

Tommy Robson opens up on being frozen out at Sunderland and training on his own Tommy Robson has signed for Falkirk 

ROSS GREGORY Email Published: 17:31 Tuesday 19 December 2017 

Tommy Robson has revealed his frustrations at being frozen out at Sunderland after joining Scottish Championship side Falkirk. The 22-year old signed for the Bairns today on an initial six-month contract after being released from his Sunderland contract. 

Robson played in the Premier League at Watford Robson, who has already started training at The Falkirk Stadium, will officially join the the club on January 1, subject to clearance. And he says he can't wait to get playing again after being frozen out at the Academy of Light where he was forced to train on his own. He said: "It feels good, I’ve obviously known about it for a while now, but it’s just taken a while to get sorted down at Sunderland and what have you, but I’m looking forward to starting to playing football again because it’s been a while to be honest. "My last proper game was June. I’ve hardly played. A lot of friendlies but nothing competitive. 

"There were limited chances at Sunderland. And the system they are employing there is if you’re not getting a chance they’ll push the younger boy through in your place which left me in between doing nothing in no-man’s land." The left-back slipped right out of the frame at the Black Cats despite making his Premier League debut under Sam Allardyce in the last game of the 2015/16 season in a 2-2 draw at Watford. 

His hopes of securing a loan deal last season were thwarted first by the uncertain future surrounding first-team left-back Patrick van Aanholt, who eventually departed to Crystal Palace in January. Robson eventually joined Irish Premier Division side Limerick FC where he featured 17 times during a four-month loan spell but has been completely out of the picture at the Academy of Light since his return. He said: "I was hoping to make a move out and possibly to Scotland but there was the whole scenario with Patrick van Aanholt and the club wouldn’t let me leave, and he went last minute and the club brought someone in straight away and I was stuck there. "I ended up going on loan to Limerick. I enjoyed it. It was something different and what I needed. I needed first team games that’s what I still need and I really enjoyed it. "I haven’t really been training with the reserves at Sunderland for the past year – I’ve been doing my own thing for the past two months. I’ve trained on my own. "That was just the situation at the club with myself and it wasn’t ideal to be honest. I just needed out and they weren’t helping me. 

This is a massive relief and it’s a fresh start for me. "It’s not ideal for young guys coming through at Sunderland or it hasn’t been for them. The club hasn't been in an ideal place to play kids have they? But look this week, they put two kids on and one scored the winner. That speaks volumes. My taste of the Premier League was unbelievable. No-one can ever take it away from me, and that’s what the aim is now to get back to or as close to that highest level I can get to."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Good luck Tommy

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-19, 6:08 pm

He just lives down the road from me.
My boy go's to school with his sisters.
Good luck to the lad, I hope he makes it.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-19, 6:12 pm

Sounds like he has been treated appallingly to be honest. Good luck to him for the future.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-20, 7:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Sounds like he has been treated appallingly to be honest. Good luck to him for the future.

Wow, however was that allowed to occur at our world leading facility Rolling Eyes

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-20, 8:38 pm

Jimmy Sinclair on helping youngsters make the jump from youth set-up to Sunderland first team

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the space of a few days, Sunderland's academy has had praise and criticism but is it serving its young players as well as it could?
CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-20, 8:42 pm

The news of what goes on in the academy does not always make good reading
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-20, 11:13 pm

Maybe it is not all down to the Academy though.  The player(s) may have reached the level they cannot rise above - he won't be the last to be cut for no other reason than he is just not good enough.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-21, 12:25 am

Nostalgic wrote:Maybe it is not all down to the Academy though.  The player(s) may have reached the level they cannot rise above - he won't be the last to be cut for no other reason than he is just not good enough.
Yes the bad academy did not stop Henderson, Pickford, Honeyman, Gooch, Asoro and Maja.
The good players we let down have moved on but not progressed, why?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-21, 12:59 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Maybe it is not all down to the Academy though.  The player(s) may have reached the level they cannot rise above - he won't be the last to be cut for no other reason than he is just not good enough.
Yes the bad academy did not stop Henderson, Pickford, Honeyman, Gooch, Asoro and Maja.
In the old days of not606 many were calling for that CB Loui Laing to be promoted, and eventually the club were right for whatever reason as he was turned down by a few more clubs following a trial period.

Character defects can be overlooked in outstanding players, but giving a contract and then regretting it needs a good bit of thoughts.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-22, 12:13 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Maybe because those whom wanted to play weren't offered the chance elsewhere whilst under contract to SAFC?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-22, 12:40 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Maybe because those whom wanted to play weren't offered the chance elsewhere whilst under contract to SAFC?
I seem to remember a few out on loan

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-22, 12:53 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Certainly but also some have taken to social media expressing disappointment that they weren't allowed to in there time at SAFC

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-22, 12:59 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Certainly but also some have taken to social media expressing disappointment that they weren't allowed to in there time at SAFC
And I assume they are now at bigger and better clubs with a successful career showcasing their talents.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-22, 2:07 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
And I assume they are now at bigger and better clubs with a successful career showcasing their talents.
Not that I'm aware of but many ex-SAFC players do currently play in the EPL or players whom never made the 1st team earn a living in leagues below the Championship that would otherwise be unemployed.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum