SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» A fine line
Today at 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
Today at 10:39 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Today at 7:33 pm by Nostalgic

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Today at 2:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Today at 2:32 pm by sunderpitt

» Our new music
Today at 1:17 pm by vinkel

» Tomorrow Night - New Quiz Night at The Peacock (Every Tuesday)
Today at 11:21 am by DanielFullard

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 9:43 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 111
Today at 5:03 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 112
Yesterday at 10:58 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Cookie Coleman

Go down

Cookie Coleman

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-18, 6:43 pm

When it was confirmed that Coleman was to be our new manager I was overjoyed but, maybe a lot of my excitement was because it wasn't any of the rumoured favorites.

Under the surface was the question, yes he had done fantastic for Wales but a national managers job seemed a million miles from a struggling championship team, especially one with our history and problems.

And yes its early days but its also very encouraging early days with Cookie himself still to make a mistake in word or deeds. On Saturday none of us would have been surprised to see Asoro replace Vaughan but Asoro and Maja replacing Vaughan and Grabban was positive substitutions indeed.

cookie seems to be the perfect fit for Sunderland and Sunderland the perfect fit for Cookie, none of us expect miracles but to have a believable hope is something long overdue.

Bad days will come, we wont simply go on and win every game but I bet we will now give it a good try.

All we need now is a new owner with cash to invest and a real and genuine vision, well it is Christmas.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cookie Coleman

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-18, 6:52 pm

cyprussyd wrote:When it was confirmed that Coleman was to be our new manager I was overjoyed but, maybe a lot of my excitement was because it wasn't any of the rumoured favorites.

Under the surface was the question, yes he had done fantastic for Wales but a national managers job seemed a million miles from a struggling championship team, especially one with our history and problems.

And yes its early days but its also very encouraging early days with Cookie himself still to make a mistake in word or deeds. On Saturday none of us would have been surprised to see Asoro replace Vaughan but Asoro and Maja replacing Vaughan and Grabban was positive substitutions indeed.

cookie seems to be the perfect fit for Sunderland and Sunderland the perfect fit for Cookie, none of us expect miracles but to have a believable hope is something long overdue.

Bad days will come, we wont simply go on and win every game but I bet we will now give it a good try.

All we need now is a new owner with cash to invest and a real and genuine vision, well it is Christmas.
A very good post Syd.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-18, 6:57 pm

When his name was first mentioned I just put it down to the rumour mill, or him trying to up his contract with the FWA and was a little taken aback that he would come here.  We all know the ingredients that are needed for success, but I hope we add a bit of patience with the lad as he comes to grips with the job - survival and planning for the future needs a fair bit of vision and only time will tell us how good he will be at restoring us.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-18, 7:02 pm

Yes, a very good post Syd. I always liked Coleman and am very happy at the job he is doing so far Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum