SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 5:42 pm by Vincemac

» Players of Season so far
Today at 5:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 4:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 4:39 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 4:37 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 4:23 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 4:05 pm by barrowmackem

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 3:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 1:42 pm by Sid MCFC

» League Table Week 18
Today at 12:55 pm by Vincemac

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

A heart warming win.. next target?

Go down

A heart warming win.. next target?

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-17, 8:40 am

I know the adage is one game at a time.. which Sunderland being Sunderland has to be the way. Realistically we are now 10 points off mid-table.. so probably out of reach unless we can go on a run of Chitty proportions.. nice thought but unlikely.

We have as Cookie says just keep plodding on getting away from bottom 3... that is our realistic target atm?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: A heart warming win.. next target?

Post  mcjc185 on 2017-12-17, 9:10 am

I do agree it is one game at a time but I do think the same as yourself as the realistic target should be to climb the table and I would be happy with mid table at the end of the season.
mcjc185

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-17, 9:31 am

As long as we are 4th bottom or better it’s job done for me, very high expectations I know but there you go.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-17, 9:40 am

mcjc185 wrote:I do agree it is one game at a time but I do think the same as yourself as the realistic target should be to climb the table and I would be happy with mid table at the end of the season.

Hi new person, welcome. 

We are 10 points off mid table, 11 to be above it
 Although I think the idea that Chitty have won the league just cos atm they are 11 points in the league... is a bit too early. For us to get to say 11th, several teams would have to have bad runs and we will need a very good one.. so my convoluted logic is that Chitty are more likely to lose their lead than we are to make up the gap.

So as not to be too depressing.. young Asoro made my day yesterday, particularity with that piece of trickery on the right wing to beat the defender. Any YouTube of it anywhere?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-17, 9:49 am

Well looking at the table it looks a lot better than it did last week.
I imagine the Bolton fans thought that last week also.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-17, 11:49 am

mcjc185 wrote:I do agree it is one game at a time but I do think the same as yourself as the realistic target should be to climb the table and I would be happy with mid table at the end of the season.
Welcome mcjc15, great to have a new poster Very Happy

We are 4th bottom of the table and we have to just keep taking one game at a time. We have seen already the Championship is not like the Premier league with the gap between bottom and top teams, in terms of quality and ability, not that great. We just have to keep doing what we are doing and I am sure mid-table is not beyond us despite our dreadful start.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-17, 12:39 pm

Cookie has not been here long but we are now getting clean sheets and points, 3 points on Saturday will see moral sky high from players and fans.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-17, 12:48 pm

SUNDERLAND manager Chris Coleman has warned his players not to get ahead of themselves after ending their home hoodoo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunderland news: Chris Coleman sends warning to players after ending winless home run
SUNDERLAND manager Chris Coleman has warned his players not to get ahead of themselves after ending their home hoodoo.
EXPRESS.CO.UK

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-12-17, 1:37 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

Hi new person, welcome. 

Although I think the idea that Chitty have won the league just cos atm they are 11 points in the league... is a bit too early. For us to get to say 11th, several teams would have to have bad runs and we will need a very good one.. so my convoluted logic is that Chitty are more likely to lose their lead than we are to make up the gap.

So as not to be too depressing.. young Asoro made my day yesterday, particularity with that piece of trickery on the right wing to beat the defender. Any YouTube of it anywhere?
Hi Sunders. I would prefer us keeping the lead and you closing the gap. Wink
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-17, 1:53 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Hi new person, welcome. 

Hi Sunders. I would prefer us keeping the lead and you closing the gap. Wink

Yep so would I.. this pm come on the baggies
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-17, 5:10 pm

talcnturnip wrote:As long as we are 4th bottom or better it’s job done for me, very high expectations I know but there you go.

Would be nervy but that would do me for this season. Anything better is a bonus.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-17, 7:07 pm

Survival at any cost sounds a bit dramatic, but it certainly applies to us right now.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-12-17, 7:43 pm

target for me is purely to avoid relegation, we we achieve that then i would consider this season as ok after the start we had.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum