SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» League Table Week 21
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 22
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by canary-dave

» What about us? Come on son you will love Roker
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 21
Yesterday at 8:11 pm by gil t azell

» RIP Jimmy
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» A Good read IMO
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Robin Ruiter
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by Hieronymus

» Will we stay up with no reinforcements?
Yesterday at 11:26 am by Billy D

» Thanks Syd, thanks Billy
Yesterday at 11:20 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

BRING A TIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BRING A TIN

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-12, 6:05 pm

BLACK CATS SUPPORT LOCAL CHARITIES THIS CHRISTMAS
The Sunderland AFC first team, Academy players and club staff will support two local charities this Christmas through their ‘Bring a Tin’ campaign.
Created by Sunderland AFC, ‘Bring a Tin’ will see the club collect and donate non-perishable goods to local charities - St Mary’s Church and Centre Point Sunderland - to help the homeless and those in need this Christmas.
The Wearsiders are asking fans to support the campaign and from Monday 11th until Wednesday 20th December special ‘Bring a Tin’ wheelie bins, which have been donated by O’Brien’s Waste Recycling Solutions, will be available in the SAFC Ticket Office for people to deposit tinned food and other non-perishables into. The ‘Bring a Tin’ bins will also be located at various points around the Stadium of Light when the Wearsiders take on Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship on 16th December.
Sunderland AFC chief executive Martin Bain said “Christmas should be a time for family and friends; for warmth and celebration. Yet for many it can be one of the hardest periods of the year. Sunderland AFC and our fans can make a difference to our community. It is important that we come together to donate much needed goods to those who will benefit from them.”
Father Marc Smith, SAFC chaplain and Priest at St Mary’s Church said: “Every year lots of people from across Sunderland gather together in St. Mary’s on Christmas Day for a free lunch and company for anyone in need. Not only is there a terrific sense of community, but also a real sense of Christmas. I’m delighted that this year Sunderland AFC have got involved. The club is the heart beat of the city, and this year they have brought life, energy and compassion to our Christmas Day lunch.”
Amy Appleton, senior fundraising officer at Centrepoint said: “Youth homelessness is a huge issue across the country - we estimate that 16,000 young people will be homeless this Christmas. We’re so grateful for the support we’ve received from Sunderland AFC over the years, and we’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who chooses to donate this year. Your generosity will help make sure homeless young people in Sunderland don’t go hungry this Christmas.”
If you would like to donate some non-perishable items to the Bring a Tin campaign, you can help by donating any of the following items:

Tins of food
Gloves
Socks
Toothpaste / toothbrush
Deodorants
Shower gel
Shampoo
Sweets, biscuits, chocolate
Hot drink sachets
Cup-a-soups / Pot Noodles
Dried pasta
Cereals
Rice

Many homeless people have dogs as companions, so fans can also to donate tinned dog food, treats, blankets and bowls as part of the ‘Bring a Tin’ collection.
For more information about the campaign visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Join in the social conversation using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BRING A TIN

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-12, 7:00 pm

Its the thing to do this year we have to take a 'Tin' for charity to the playgroup also
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-12, 7:07 pm

Good stuff & a very nice gesture.
Most people will not have been affected by this need but you never know what's around the corner.
It could happen to anyone. It's nice that others are being thought of.
Every Friday when I go to Tesco I always put something in the food bin & they send them out to the food banks.
Might need to use them myself sometime.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-12, 8:04 pm

We have the same all year round over here and it makes me wonder  why there is such poverty in this day and age.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-12, 8:15 pm

Nostalgic wrote:We have the same all year round over here and it makes me wonder  why there is such poverty in this day and age.
I had an hospital appointment today, cost me £2.50 to park the car.

Tonight on TV an appeal for £3.00 to save a child's life.

£2.50 to park car £3.00 to save a child's life.

Seems so wrong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-12, 8:20 pm

Nostalgic wrote:We have the same all year round over here and it makes me wonder  why there is such poverty in this day and age.
Tory austerity is the main reason here Twisted Evil
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-12, 9:31 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
I'm resorting to austerity myself H.
I have smart meters fitted & the wee monitor tells you what you have spent on energy that day.
£5.01 so far today & although it cold atm I've knocked the heating down two degrees.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-13, 10:00 am

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
I have smart meters fitted & the wee monitor tells you what you have spent on energy that day.
£5.01 so far today & although it cold atm I've knocked the heating down two degrees.
We don't have a smart meter so have no idea how much we spend. But we have modern insulation and solar panels so our house stays quite warm most of the time. But the last week has been the coldest I have known since we moved in. The wood burner has had to be on from morning till night.

Stay warm Billy, stay warm Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-13, 10:54 am

It costs a fortune to heat our house, I have solar panels (not sure how good they are mind) a solid fuel stove (wood/coal) and gas central heating. My son lives with us and his two kids (under 5) and during the cold spell, despite turning the thermostat down before we went to bed, the heating by and large kept kicking into life throughout the night. My wife gets the winter fuel allowance, not sure if I do. I might look into groundsource heating.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-13, 10:59 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
We don't have a smart meter so have no idea how much we spend. But we have modern insulation and solar panels so our house stays quite warm most of the time. But the last week has been the coldest I have known since we moved in. The wood burner has had to be on from morning till night.

Stay warm Billy, stay warm Very Happy
My dad used to sit in the house with his coat on if it was cold, lol.
British Gas fitted both smart meters for free & I've found myself trying to cut back on energy use any way I can.
My whole house is lit by LED bulbs which use very little.
I don't use much electricity apart from when I have to put the dryer on - that eats it.
My house is mainly gas. Heating, cooking, water, shower - all gas.

Northumbrian Water phoned me earlier this year & asked if I would like a free survey done on water usage.
A few weeks later this water engineer came. He checked my kitchen taps first & turned down the pressure.
Then we went up to the bathroom. Now I don't have a bath anymore, I have a wet room.
He put a bag in the toilet cystern so it uses less. He changed the filter on the basin tap, less water.
But what amazed me most was when he went to the shower.
He got this plastic bag out that hat graduation marks on it.
He ran the shower for one minute & there was 15ltr of water in there.
He changed the shower head & did the same thing. Seven ltrs of water this time.
So everytime we all have a shower that's half as much water I have to pay to heat.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-13, 11:14 am

Ditching British Gas would be an excellent first move and I wont have a smart metre.

I am with Scottish Power pay £54 a month for duel fuel and have just checked my account to find I am £126 in credit.

I have never gone cold and never will, would cut most things before heating.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-13, 11:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:Ditching British Gas would be an excellent first move and I wont have a smart metre.

I am with Scottish Power pay £54 a month for duel fuel and have just checked my account to find I am £126 in credit.

I have the gas and electric with Utility Warehouse who I believe swap round various suppliers for the cheapest
 Not sure how much it had saved, if anything as it is hard to measure
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-13, 11:31 am

cyprussyd wrote:Ditching British Gas would be an excellent first move and I wont have a smart metre.

I'm £500 in credit with gas & 390 with electric.
I'm happy enough with them but it sounds like you're getting a good deal there.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-14, 12:01 am

By the way Syd. Scottish power are as about as Scottish as mao tse tung
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-14, 12:14 am

Billy D wrote:By the way Syd. Scottish power are as about as Scottish as mao tse tung
Its just a name Billy, I have no interest in where they are from just the deal I get

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-14, 9:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:By the way Syd. Scottish power are as about as Scottish as mao tse tung
Its just a name Billy, I have no interest in where they are from just the deal I get
And like I said, it sounds canny.
If you're happy with it mate, don't fix what's not broken.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum