SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» League Table Week 21
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 22
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by canary-dave

» What about us? Come on son you will love Roker
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 21
Yesterday at 8:11 pm by gil t azell

» RIP Jimmy
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» A Good read IMO
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Robin Ruiter
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by Hieronymus

» Will we stay up with no reinforcements?
Yesterday at 11:26 am by Billy D

» Thanks Syd, thanks Billy
Yesterday at 11:20 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

cyprussyd, Lever Malone, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-09, 5:16 pm

MASSIVE

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-12-16, 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-09, 5:38 pm

We will win! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-09, 6:00 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MASSIVE

O dear... 'all I want for Christmas is a win'
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-12-09, 7:23 pm

Got to be as tight at the back, but go two up front ....... Vaughan and Grabban to k eep them busy. Midfield 3 will be interesting maybe Gooch, Gibson and Honeyman?
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-10, 8:43 am

Well what a difference a week makes got one D Gibson. Awful last week good yesterday. He now has set his standard and has to maintain it.

Coleman also seems to have a similar view of Galoway as most fans... he would rather play Matthews out of position as LB and play a not properly fit Love as RB

The defence should stay the same next week.. unless Ovideo is fit.

Gibson has earned himself another start and I hope N'Dong is fit to partner him. Grabban and ? Vaughan? Gooch and Honeyman to start?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-11, 6:02 am

Do I recall correctly it was a few seasons ago that a game against Fulham was abandoned half way through cos of a snow storm?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-11, 10:27 am

sunderpitt wrote:Do I recall correctly it was a few seasons ago that a game against Fulham was abandoned half way through cos of a snow storm?
It was April 2006 and I took my daughter to the match "FOR A TREAT" Shocked

I am sure there was little snow in Tynemouth but it got heavier as we approached Sunderland and heavier still as we walked up to the SOL. It was bleaching down as the game started so after 22 minutes match was abandoned. Got soaked and very cold.Crying or Very sad

Chris Coleman was Fulham manager then too! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-11, 1:52 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Do I recall correctly it was a few seasons ago that a game against Fulham was abandoned half way through cos of a snow storm?

I am sure there was little snow in Tynemouth but it got heavier as we approached Sunderland and heavier still as we walked up to the SOL. It was bleaching down as the game started so after 22 minutes match was abandoned. Got soaked and very cold.Crying or Very sad

I remember one time Jerry surprised me by taking me to the match.
Kidderminster in the FA cup.
We sat in the east stand & she gave Syd a hug, I think you were there also H.
Anyhow, because I wasn't aware of this I wasn't dressed for the occasion.
It was a bitterly cold day & by the time we got back to JJ's I was numb to the bone.
She says to me, 'would you like a beer?' 
& I'm like, 'no thank you, I just want my hands on your radiator & a cup of tea please.'
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-11, 2:48 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

It was a bitterly cold day & by the time we got back to JJ's I was numb to the bone.
& I'm like, 'no thank you, I just want my hands on your radiator & a cup of tea please.'
Molst of us have tried to get our hands on Jerries radiator, I prefer the left one

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-11, 5:36 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Molst of us have tried to get our hands on Jerries radiator, I prefer the left one
Well both my hands were freezing cold so I'd have needed both.  Laughing
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-11, 6:54 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Got to be as tight at the back, but go two up front ....... Vaughan and Grabban to k eep them busy. Midfield 3 will be interesting maybe Gooch, Gibson and Honeyman?

N'dong n McNair are both back in training. Good to have choices AND decent back up whoever is benched. I would have said get Gibbo out but he performed well enough on Saturday to keep his place.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-11, 7:03 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:Got to be as tight at the back, but go two up front ....... Vaughan and Grabban to k eep them busy. Midfield 3 will be interesting maybe Gooch, Gibson and Honeyman?

N'dong n McNair are both back in training. Good to have choices AND decent back up whoever is benched. I would have said get Gibbo out but he performed well enough on Saturday to keep his place.
Words we never thought we would read on here Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-12, 6:12 pm

Josh Maja is closing in on a return to the first team picture at Sunderland. The 18-year-old was a star performer in pre-season before suffering a knee injury but he completed 89 minutes for the U23s against Liverpool and could return to the first team squad for Fulham. “Josh is there or thereabouts and it is a credit to all those involved in his rehab,” said U23 boss Elliott Dickman. “The medical team have managed him well and moving forward the manager and first team staff will decide on where he is and what he is doing. “If he is with us then great, if he is with the first team then fantastic for the academy.” Meanwhile, as revealed by the Echo, Scottish side Falkirk are set to raid Sunderland for reinforcements - with duo Andrew Nelson and Tommy Robson on their radar. Falkirk, second-bottom of the Scottish Championship, are desperate to strengthen their squad Neither were involved for Sunderland U23s against Liverpool, with Nelson missing with an ankle injury. Robson has been out of favour since he returned from a loan spell at Irish side Limerick last season and there are suggestions he may join Falkirk on a free transfer next month, while Nelson could join on loan. When asked about the pair’s future, Dickman said: “Andrew had an ankle issue, that’s why he wasn’t in the squad against Liverpool. “Tommy was not in the squad with a view to probably looking to move on come January. “Nothing is confirmed as far as I am aware.” Speaking generally about Sunderland’s youngsters going out on loan, Dickman added: “Heading out on loan is different to the U23s, [U23 football] has its purpose for players, but there are certain players who need to put themselves against men to see how they deal with it. “It is fantastic for the lads to get that opportunity wherever it may be.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2017-12-12, 7:02 pm

And if I recall correctly the re-arranged game was the only home game we won that season
Let's hope we can use Fulham again and break our calendar year duck on Sturday
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-12, 10:04 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
And if I recall correctly the re-arranged game was the only home game we won that season
Let's hope we can use Fulham again and break our calendar year duck on Sturday
Well its win win for me. Of course I hope we win.
But if we don't then there's only Brum to go & I pick up £120 quid from Billy Hill's
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-13, 3:57 am

Paddy McNair is back in training and could return to the squad against Fulham, though Chris Coleman is conscious of carefully managing the midfielder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paddy McNair is back in training and could return to the squad against Fulham, though Chris Coleman is…
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-13, 8:49 am

cyprussyd wrote:Paddy McNair is back in training and could return to the squad against Fulham, though Chris Coleman is conscious of carefully managing the midfielder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paddy McNair is back in training and could return to the squad against Fulham, though Chris Coleman is…
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

Could probably play for part of the game as he will not be fully/match fit.. certainly a good option.

What has Syd and Trump in common? They both post in the wee small hours. You do know Santa will not come if you are not asleep in bed  Wink
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-14, 3:40 pm

@SunderlandAFC
Some strong words from the boss as he discusses his team selections [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=0]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-14, 6:00 pm

Another clean sheet and a couple of goals for us will do nicely.

I do not care if it is the most boring game ever... we just have to win  Twisted Evil
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-14, 6:15 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Another clean sheet and a couple of goals for us will do nicely.

I do not care if it is the most boring game ever... we just have to win  Twisted Evil
Yes, 3 points are a must, we know that, Cookie knows that and the players know that.

Sadly Fulham also know that

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-14, 6:35 pm

Chris Coleman has tasked his players with overcoming ‘their demons’ on Saturday as they look to end their home hoodoo.
Sunderland welcome Coleman’s former club Fulham to Wearside this weekend, with their focus firmly fixed on securing their first home win in 2017.
A point at Sky Bet Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers last Saturday, has paved the way for optimism going into a home double header before Christmas.
And speaking to safc.com, the Welshman has admitted it is up to the players can change their fortunes at home.
“The situation for us is that it is a home game,” he said.
“The history we have got of not winning at home for so long - it is not about the opposition it is about ourselves.
“We have got to exercise our demons there, we need to overcome our own obstacles to make sure we change our fortune at the Stadium of Light.
“I know Fulham very well, I spent 10 years there as a player and manager but that won’t come into my thinking.
“All that will be there is thinking, ‘how do we get what we need on Saturday on the back of what I felt was a courageous performance at Wolverhampton?’
“The guys were fabulous on the day, they stuck to their guns, stuck to the job and helped each other out – I was delighted with that.” 

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-14, 6:50 pm

Exorcise I hope , as opposed to exercise, or we are in for another horrific day  affraid

I know I should not get 'exercised' about spelling and grammar but any journalist should really know better Rolling Eyes
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-12-14, 7:40 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Exorcise I hope , as opposed to exercise, or we are in for another horrific day  affraid  

I know I should not get 'exercised' about spelling and grammar but any journalist should really know better Rolling Eyes

They should proof read wot they rit  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-14, 7:51 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Exorcise I hope , as opposed to exercise, or we are in for another horrific day  affraid  

is there a mistake?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-14, 8:21 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:

is there a mistake?

Granudid readers wot can you do
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next