SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cant be true, Sid will know

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant be true, Sid will know

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-06, 11:49 pm

Lionel Messi turned down wages of £850,000 a week from Manchester City before signing a new deal with Barcelona. The Premier League leaders also offered the 30-year-old Argentina forward an £88m signing bonus. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cant be true, Sid will know

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-07, 8:32 am

Yes, I read that. Great as Messi is, the world really has gone mad Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-07, 9:01 am

I probably agree that 'money does not maketh the man" but it does probably make a football team 

Chitty  I believe have spent £750m... although Leicester were a lot cheaper were they not.

Would Messi fit into our team formation?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-07, 9:39 am

sunderpitt wrote:I probably agree that 'money does not maketh the man" but it does probably make a football team 

Chitty  I believe have spent £750m... although Leicester were a lot cheaper were they not.

Would Messi fit into our team formation?
Many would argue we have had a messy team for some time

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-12-07, 12:47 pm

I’ve not heard about the £850,000 a week but it was reported in the ‘papers’ that City were offering a 85 mill signing on fee if he became a free agent next Summer.  Pep denied that a couple of days ago but whether that’s because he has now signed a new contract with Barca who’s to know.

It would certainly appear that City’s owners targeted Messi from day one as they did with Pep.  City’s boardroom is dominated by the ex Barca hierarchy and their recruitment not long after the takeover was definitely made with the intention of securing Peps signing.

There were many City fans that would have loved to have seen Messi in a blue shirt but personally I’ve always argued against it.  At the end of the day he has and always will be a Barca player and just because City can now afford to pay ridiculous prices that won’t change. At the end of the day he’s a multi millionaire already so who would you rather play for Barca or City?  (Please don’t answer that)

You might find it hard to believe but I quite liked City being the but of every comedian in the land in a weird sort of way and although I am living a dream at the moment I do feel uncomfortable with the resentment we have attracted.

We have a 17 year old lad called Phil Foden who has been in the academy since he was 8.  Pep has said he has only seen one other player in his career as good as Foden at that age, the suggestion being Messi.  Foden may or may not make it to those dizzy heights but if we manage to keep hold of him he will be a true City legend not a very expensive icon that truly only belongs at one club.

If we do ever manage to buy Messi I’ll write you another script Very Happy .  No the above is the truth and he’s a short arse anyway Wink
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-12-07, 7:07 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:I’ve not heard about the £850,000 a week but it was reported in the ‘papers’ that City were offering a 85 mill signing on fee if he became a free agent next Summer.  Pep denied that a couple of days ago but whether that’s because he has now signed a new contract with Barca who’s to know.

It would certainly appear that City’s owners targeted Messi from day one as they did with Pep.  City’s boardroom is dominated by the ex Barca hierarchy and their recruitment not long after the takeover was definitely made with the intention of securing Peps signing.

There were many City fans that would have loved to have seen Messi in a blue shirt but personally I’ve always argued against it.  At the end of the day he has and always will be a Barca player and just because City can now afford to pay ridiculous prices that won’t change. At the end of the day he’s a multi millionaire already so who would you rather play for Barca or City?  (Please don’t answer that)

You might find it hard to believe but I quite liked City being the but of every comedian in the land in a weird sort of way and although I am living a dream at the moment I do feel uncomfortable with the resentment we have attracted.

We have a 17 year old lad called Phil Foden who has been in the academy since he was 8.  Pep has said he has only seen one other player in his career as good as Foden at that age, the suggestion being Messi.  Foden may or may not make it to those dizzy heights but if we manage to keep hold of him he will be a true City legend not a very expensive icon that truly only belongs at one club.

If we do ever manage to buy Messi I’ll write you another script Very Happy .  No the above is the truth and he’s a short arse anyway Wink

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-07, 7:29 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:I’ve not heard about the £850,000 a week but it was reported in the ‘papers’ that City were offering a 85 mill signing on fee if he became a free agent next Summer.  Pep denied that a couple of days ago but whether that’s because he has now signed a new contract with Barca who’s to know.

Does his dad make trucks?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-12-07, 8:49 pm

Billy D wrote:

I didn’t know they made trucks in Argentina  Wink
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-12-08, 3:41 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
Billy D wrote:

I didn’t know they made trucks in Argentina  Wink

I think he meant Foden Sid!   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-12-08, 9:24 am

I know Dave, it was my pathetic attempt at humour. 

Sorry Billy, it will cease forthwith. Embarassed
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-08, 9:50 am

Are Phil Foden and Will Foden (rugby international) related by any chance?

Quiz of the day... which other two members of the same family have played football and rugby for Engand (hint they both won their respective WCs)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-12-08, 10:12 am

sunderpitt wrote:Are Phil Foden and Will Foden (rugby international) related by any chance?

Quiz of the day... which other two members of the same family have played football and rugby for Engand (hint they both won their respective WCs)
I doubt it mate, Phil Foden is a working class lad from Stockport,  I think it would have been mentioned had there been a connection.

My only guess for the quiz is that dirty bastard Fellaini.
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-08, 10:23 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Are Phil Foden and Will Foden (rugby international) related by any chance?

I doubt it mate, Phil Foden is a working class lad from Stockport,  I think it would have been mentioned had there been a connection.

My only guess for the quiz is that dirty bastard Fellaini.

Apologies it is Ben not Will... he was born in Chester and went to a community school... started off with Sale
  That is why I wondered if they were related. Both similar build
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum