SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The Near Future?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Near Future?

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-06, 2:58 pm

I have only seen a couple of these in action and am pretty sure the Wolves game is not the one to introduce too many youngsters, but would like to see some of these in the first team squad in next few weeks.

We have to be careful with young players so their confidence does not get hit early in their careers, but I would be playing some of them in upcoming away games at least, away from the SOL pressure cooker.

The Sunderland youth players Chris Coleman could turn to this winter

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman has hinted he may turn to the club's youth players in the near future - but who could make the step up?

By[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sport Managing Editor
18:00, 5 DEC 2017
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ethan Robson, Benji Kimpioka and Sam Brotherton

It hasn’t taken Chris Coleman long to realise he may have to make some big changes to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in order to arrest their alarming run of form.
The win at Burton in his second game in charge was only the Black Cats’ second of the season in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and was sandwiched in between defeats to Aston Villa and Reading.
Coleman hinted at the weekend that he would consider giving some of the club’s emerging stars the chance to show what they can do, with the tried and tested clearly not working.
“Maybe I might give one or two (of the experienced players) a rest from it all, the pressure situation they find themselves in,” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“I thought the kids did quite well, there’s less pressure on them because less is expected of them. They definitely gave us a little bit of energy and played with less fear.”
Certainly the likes of George Honeyman, Lynden Gooch and Joel Asoro have had opportunities already under Coleman, while Josh Maja is on the verge of first-team recognition, but what are his options should he decide to plunder the club’s youth ranks?
Here are some of the best of the young talent at the club.

The midfield creator

Elliot Embleton
Elliot Embleton of Sunderland  (Image: Sunderland AFC)  

Having represented England at every level from Under-17s to Under-20s, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] midfielder is developing an excellent pedigree.
While he is yet to make his Black Cats debut, he has featured in several matchday squads, and has continued to catch the eye at Under-23 level.
The 18-year-old is believed to be a big Wayne Rooney fan, although has modelled his game more on the Cesc Fabregas mould.
He has an eye for goal - especially from deadball situations - and his all-action style could invigorate the Black Cats midfield.

The striker

Jack Diamond
Luis Longstaff of Liverpool and Jack Diamond of Sunderland  (Image: Liverpool FC)  

While Asoro and Josh Maja have made the step up to the first-team squad, pacy Diamond has impressed at youth level.
He is a first and foremost a striker, but his pace allows him to also operate on the flanks.
He featured in all three of Sunderland’s Checkatrade Trophy matches this season, but although his time is still to come, he has big ambitions.
“It has been really good and I have enjoyed the experience so far,” Diamond told the club’s official website at the start of the season.
“I feel as though I am improving and I am enjoying where I am going at the minute.
“It is where I want to be at this stage in my career. Hopefully I can continue to improve and push to get to the next level.
“I’m in the under-23s a year early but that has come through hard work. It just shows what you can achieve with a bit of hard work – it is a privilege to play for the under-23s and this club. I am just enjoying the experience.”

The wideman

Benji Kimpioka
Abdi Sharif of Liverpool and Benji Kimpioka of Sunderland  (Image: Liverpool FC)  

A name to look out for in the future, the young Swede is starting to stand out.
The 17-year-old blasted a hat-trick for Sunderland against arch-rivals Newcastle last month in an Under-18s match, to go with another treble against Hartlepool FC in the Durham County FA Challenge Cup.

Arsenal were rumoured to be interested in taking Kimpioka and fellow countryman Asoro to the Emirates this summer, but Coleman has already spotted his talent, and has had him training with the first team in the last few weeks.

The defender

Sam Brotherton
Sam Brotherton of New Zealand  (Image: FIFA)  

One of the more experienced members of Sunderland’s youth ranks, Brotherton actually has seven full international caps for New Zealand.
Now 21, he is gaining a reputation as a cultured defender, who also boasts leadership qualities.
And he’s champing at the bit for a first-team chance, telling the Dominion Post earlier this season: “You have to look at it both ways. When a team isn’t performing it’s probably somewhat less likely for a manager to put his faith in younger players and chuck younger players in the deep end.
“You’ve just got to put your best foot forward and hope one day the opportunity comes.”

The all-rounder

Ethan Robson
Ethan Robson  (Image: Sunderland AFC)  

Another veteran of Sunderland’s Checkatrade Trophy campaign, Robson made his first-team debut as an 86th-minute substitute in their Carabao Cup defeat at Everton this season.
The 20-year-old has been in the Sunderland setup since the age of eight, progressing through the various youth sides.
He has become an integral part of Elliot Dickman’s under-23 side and was named the Premier League 2 player of the month in August of last year.
“Personally, I just want to keep playing well for the under-23s and hopefully I’ll be a part of the gaffer’s plans,” Robson said.
“Training with the first-team day in day out and stepping up is exactly what you want.”
Playing in front of big crowds shouldn’t faze him either, as Robson captained the under-23s in their Premier League international Cup final, in front of 18,000 fans at the Stadium of Light last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: The Near Future?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-06, 3:04 pm

The home crowd can be cruel but in my experience are never anything other than supportive to the kids. 

I remember years ago a team was somehow botched together under a chap called Stoke, whatever happened to them.

We fans disagree on lots of things but the one thing that unites is the endless let downs we feel from the same core of players, maybe Cookie will be the catalyst for real change.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-06, 5:55 pm

Sunderland's Ethan Robson nominated for national Player of the Month award

Ethan Robson's form for Sunderland U23s has been recognised, with the academy graduate put forward for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-06, 6:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland's Ethan Robson nominated for national Player of the Month award

Ethan Robson's form for Sunderland U23s has been recognised, with the academy graduate put forward for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK
Excellent. Well done Ethan fi
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-12-07, 9:47 am

cyprussyd wrote:The home crowd can be cruel but in my experience are never anything other than supportive to the kids. 

I remember years ago a team was somehow botched together under a chap called Stoke, whatever happened to them.

We fans disagree on lots of things but the one thing that unites is the endless let downs we feel from the same core of players, maybe Cookie will be the catalyst for real change.

Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-12-07, 9:48 am

cyprussyd wrote:The home crowd can be cruel but in my experience are never anything other than supportive to the kids. 

Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-07, 10:12 am

Could Brotherton play LB
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-07, 10:42 pm

According to The Chronicle, former Wales manager Coleman has been immediately won over by the precocious talents of young Ben Kimpioka. The Swedish starlet, who put three past Newcastle United for the Under-18s last month, has even been called up to train with the first-team squad on occasions.

Benjamin Kimpioka was linked with Arsenal earlier in the year but his future lies with Sunderland.
HITC.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum