SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Previous results v Port Vale
Yesterday at 11:55 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 12
Yesterday at 10:51 pm by Lever Malone

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 10:45 pm by Lever Malone

» Beyond words
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by cyprussyd

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by sunderpitt

» Doncaster Tuesday
Yesterday at 7:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 13
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by gil t azell

» Southend Saturday
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by cyprussyd

» League Table Week 12
Yesterday at 12:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Duncan Watmore - What a Star!

Go down

Duncan Watmore - What a Star!

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-06, 2:48 pm

Well done Paddy, for being a good friend and offering your support to Duncan, who surely must have felt like his world had collapsed along with his ACL.

And well done to Duncan. I have always been a big fan and this story just adds to my admiration. A fine young man who has been horribly unlucky yet still found the time to think of others before himself. At Christmas time especially, this is a message we could all ponder on.

Paddy McNair reveals the true extent of Sunderland's Duncan Watmore's selflessness
After suffering a recurrence of his cruciate knee ligament injury, McNair has revealed Watmore's first thoughts after his diagnosis

Paddy McNair has heaped praise on ‘incredible’ Sunderland team-mate Duncan Watmore’s selflessness, following his first act after confirmation he had suffered a second cruciate knee ligament injury.
Watmore ruptured his cruciate knee ligament for the second time in the space of a year during last month’s 2-2 draw with Millwall and has been ruled out for the rest of the season.
McNair suffered a similar injury last season, and he and Watmore went through an almost identical recovery process before returning to first-team action this season.
Despite Watmore suffering a heartbreaking recurrence of the injury, his first thought was to reassure McNair that something similar will not happen to him.
And McNair has spoken of his admiration of his Black Cats team-mate.
“He came back after the scan and the diagnosis and everyone was going to see him and wishing him well,” he told safc.com.
“But apparently, he asked to see me, it was just me and him in the treatment room and the first thing he said to me was ‘don’t let this affect you, it isn’t going to happen to you’.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Duncan Watmore and Paddy McNair  (Image: 2016 Sunderland AFC)  
“He was just trying to reassure me and told me it was just a freak accident and that I needed to get it out of my head; that it would happen to me as well.
“I said to Binners (David Binningsley, senior physiotherapist) that he’s just done his cruciate for a second time and that’s all he’s thinking about – reassuring me and worrying about how I feel – he’s the nicest guy on the planet. He’s incredible really.”
Watmore now faces another long road to recovery but McNair is confident that he has the capability to return stronger than ever.
“He’s got what it takes to come back stronger from this. It’s going to be tough, particularly the mental side but maybe this time will be a little easier for him because he knows the process and he knows what he has to do,” he continued.
“He’s been so unlucky, it was just the tackle and I think it would happen to anyone, I’m absolutely devastated for him. The first thing for him is to go home and enjoy Christmas if he can and then he can get back to work and getting it right.
McNair added: “They have everything here, the staff and the facilities to get him through it and I’m sure he’s going to be back playing before he knows it.
“I’m going to do my best to help him through it. I know how it feels and I know there are certain points when you want left alone a wee bit, or times when you need someone to just be there and be back involved with the lads, so I’ll keep an eye out for him!”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Duncan Watmore - What a Star!

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-06, 2:59 pm

Yes I read that and was not in the least surprised, he is just a nice lad

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum