SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» I agree with Charlie 100%
Yesterday at 11:22 pm by Silvers

» League Attendances
Yesterday at 2:02 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 112
Yesterday at 12:55 pm by MrRAWhite

» BREXIT again
Yesterday at 12:25 pm by cyprussyd

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 11:13 am by barrowmackem

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 11:03 am by Kipper

» A fine line
2018-09-24, 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
2018-09-24, 10:39 pm by Silvers

» Our new music
2018-09-24, 1:17 pm by vinkel

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Yes, early days (maybe) but how many points to safety?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Yes, early days (maybe) but how many points to safety?

Post  vinkel on 2017-12-04, 10:40 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:This has gone wrong hasn't it. Started off as a topic of how many points needed for safety. Now it's gone to the optomists in one corner and the doomsters in the other.
Going back to the original post the obvious answer is a point or better gd than 3 others. 
As things stand i dont think 50 points will be needed, my guess around the 45/46 mark so another 32 points from 26 games. 27 days and the winter window opens now that yet again will be interesting.
So KTF.
Could you please explain how this squad can achieve the 45/46 points you feel they'll require should they continue to bench mark there achievements on and off the training pitch against there own standards when as a club their numbers are below those required to compete in this division.

As a mere 66 year old I bow to your senior age I would say senior knowledge but by god you do speak a right load of bollocks at times. As I have said previously everyone is entitled to an opinion and that relates to you also.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-12-04, 10:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Let me explain my despair, mind I despair at the fact I need to explain.

Yes things are dire
Yes we have had a few years of dross
Yes Short has failed to spend of late
And yes we can all wallow in the circle of doom, gloom, pragmatism, reality, indeed we can stop going and support from afar.

My viewpoint is very different but for me very real, we appointed a new manager only weeks ago to the acclaim of most but all ready we seem to have lost faith, decided not to give him a chance and before anyone says we are giving him a chance then god help us all if the comments are supportive.

I will leave you now to enjoy your pragmatic world of defeatism

Syd, you have no need to despair.

Just accept that some of us are reading different hymn sheets....

We remain red and white.... and always will....
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-05, 12:15 am

vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:This has gone wrong hasn't it. Started off as a topic of how many points needed for safety. Now it's gone to the optomists in one corner and the doomsters in the other.
Going back to the original post the obvious answer is a point or better gd than 3 others. 
As things stand i dont think 50 points will be needed, my guess around the 45/46 mark so another 32 points from 26 games. 27 days and the winter window opens now that yet again will be interesting.
So KTF.
Could you please explain how this squad can achieve the 45/46 points you feel they'll require should they continue to bench mark there achievements on and off the training pitch against there own standards when as a club their numbers are below those required to compete in this division.

As a mere 66 year old I bow to your senior age I would say senior knowledge but by god you do speak a right load of bollocks at times. As I have said previously everyone is entitled to an opinion and that relates to you also.
And you to yours which is why I asked.

I thought it was a clearly worded, polite question but obviously not from your reply. 

Ps. Should you feel my support is not 100% fully behind SAFC being a successful club that those whom support it can be proud of then your seriously mistaken.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-05, 12:19 am

Silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Let me explain my despair, mind I despair at the fact I need to explain.

Yes things are dire
And yes we can all wallow in the circle of doom, gloom, pragmatism, reality, indeed we can stop going and support from afar.

My viewpoint is very different but for me very real, we appointed a new manager only weeks ago to the acclaim of most but all ready we seem to have lost faith, decided not to give him a chance and before anyone says we are giving him a chance then god help us all if the comments are supportive.

Ps. Syd, I agree given time Coleman will sort it out, just the length might be different  sunny

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 4:31 am

Silvers wrote:

Yes things are dire

I do accept that but also have my own opinion so give it and yes I do despair, forums are all about opinions and yes I have strong opinions.

Would you prefer it if I just kept quiet, you may have a long wait.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-05, 7:13 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
So KTF.
f*ck KTF.
How about those cunts on the pitch earn it?
Billy it's what they do off the pitch which affects what they do on it.

You need to quarantine them in a boot camp!
We should send them to Catterick.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-12-05, 8:00 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
So KTF.

And you to yours which is why I asked.

I thought it was a clearly worded, polite question but obviously not from your reply. 

Ps. Should you feel my support is not 100% fully behind SAFC being a successful club that those whom support it can be proud of then your seriously mistaken.
Ok lets try and make this as simple as possible,  Silvers asked how many points for safety. So instead of babbling on about benchmarks and standards just try and answer the original question, if you can manage that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-12-05, 9:06 am

vinkel wrote:Ok lets try and make this as simple as possible,  Silvers asked how many points for safety. So instead of babbling on about benchmarks and standards just try and answer the original question, if you can manage that.
Should their performances remain unchanged, 35 points at best. 
In fear of babbling on, if I'm allowed, I would however like to add that I do truly believe that if Coleman can move the more senior players out, then with youth we've got a chance of gaining the momentum required to give us a chance of survival.
Unfortunately I can't explain further on this thread as it appears it's no longer allowed and as such would only be more bollocks so I'll try my best to keep on topic to the OP.
Apologies in advance if I've not answered your question as simple as possible to your satisfaction.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-12-05, 1:30 pm

It was a reasonable question in the OP. Not sure what all the tetchiness is about. It will be interesting to see what the survivors will scrape together. I personally think those down at the bottom of the championship will set new lows this year so we don't need to worry too much about previous years. We know our club is in a right state. I believe though that Coleman has the nous to pull us clear and we will finish a good few points above the bottom 3.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-05, 1:55 pm

Kipper wrote:It was a reasonable question in the OP. Not sure what all the tetchiness is about. It will be interesting to see what the survivors will scrape together. I personally think those down at the bottom of the championship will set new lows this year so we don't need to worry too much about previous years. We know our club is in a right state. I believe though that Coleman has the nous to pull us clear and we will finish a good few points above the bottom 3.

As tp points I do not have a clue... one more than 3rd bottom will do
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 3:29 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:It was a reasonable question in the OP. Not sure what all the tetchiness is about. It will be interesting to see what the survivors will scrape together. I personally think those down at the bottom of the championship will set new lows this year so we don't need to worry too much about previous years. We know our club is in a right state. I believe though that Coleman has the nous to pull us clear and we will finish a good few points above the bottom 3.

As tp points I do not have a clue... one more than 3rd bottom will do
Spot on chaps

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum