SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Oh how time flies
Yesterday at 11:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» It’s relegation NOT the last rites !!
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Windrush scandal
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Nostalgic

» A good article.
Yesterday at 11:05 pm by sunderpitt

» Well I was going to ask
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The harsh financial reality
Yesterday at 9:06 pm by Nostalgic

» Arsene Wenger
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by barrowmackem

» Relegation article with a difference
Yesterday at 5:17 pm by canary-dave

» Hello from niceonemarra
Yesterday at 3:24 pm by niceonemarra

»  Fulham v Sunderland
Yesterday at 2:45 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-03, 9:10 am

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Sat 09 Dec
KO 15.00
Molineux

Well we head to Molineux with a dispirited squad, Mcmanaman and Oviedo suspended and a never ending injury list, sound familiar?
The good new is we meet an in form Wolves who top the league on 44 points so a thrashing will be expected and sometimes a nothing to lose attitude can work.
Is it time for Gooch and Asoro to start?

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-12-09, 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread

Post  TNT on 2017-12-03, 9:35 am

Could be a cricket score if we are not careful mate, Coleman has a lot of work and thinking about the players he picks to sort out why is Gibson even considered? I’d rather we put an extra attacker or defender on. Wouldn’t say there is nothing to lose we could be bottom this time next week so the pressure is well and truly on for us and not so much for Wolves, they lose then fair enough, we lose and all he’ll breaks loose.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-03, 10:12 am

talcnturnip wrote:Could be a cricket score if we are not careful mate, Coleman has a lot of work and thinking about the players he picks to sort out why is Gibson even considered? I’d rather we put an extra attacker or defender on. Wouldn’t say there is nothing to lose we could be bottom this time next week so the pressure is well and truly on for us and not so much for Wolves, they lose then fair enough, we lose and all he’ll breaks loose.

P*ssed me off big style when he was chosen yesterday. He's f*cking wank and his fastest speed is dead slow. If I was one of the bairns over there I'd be knocking on Colemans door and DEMANDING a game or to be transferred.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-04, 6:36 pm

Subject to who is fit..

RUITER
MATHEWS BROWNING GALLAWAY OVIEDO
HONEYMAN  NDONG  MCNAIR  GOOCH  ASORO
GRABBAN

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 4:47 pm

Chris Coleman has confirmed Bryan Oviedo will miss Saturday’s trip to Molineux.
The Costa Rican international limped off in the second period of Sunderland's Sky Bet Championship match at the Stadium of Light against Reading on Saturday.
It had been hoped the full-back would be fit to return to action, after he tweeted that it was only ‘a small pull’ of his hamstring.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Bryan Oviedo

✔️@Bryan_Oviedo

[ltr]I do not have a knee injury, only a hamstring problem, it's a small pull and in a couple of days I'll be recovered. Thank you all for caring and do not believe rumors! [img(16.05px,17px)][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
22:44 - 2 Dec 2017

•  2828 Replies

•  3737 Retweets

•  582582 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads information and privacy

[/ltr]

However, Coleman has ruled Oviedo out of Saturday’s trip to Molineux along with midfielder Paddy McNair who withdrew from the warm-up in the lead up to kick-off on Saturday.
“We will have no Paddy McNair who we lost in the warm-up on Saturday with a groin (injury),” he said.
“Bryan Oviedo went off early in the second half, both players will be unavailable. Then you have got Billy Jones, Didier Ndong and (Lamine) Kone, (Jack) Rodwell – all these players are not going to be available.
“Of course, Duncan Watmore and Jonny Williams are long-term,” he continued.
“When you add all those up we have probably eight or nine players that would figure if they were fit.
“Callum McManaman is suspended.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-05, 5:30 pm

gil t azell wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Could be a cricket score if we are not careful mate, Coleman has a lot of work and thinking about the players he picks to sort out why is Gibson even considered? I’d rather we put an extra attacker or defender on. Wouldn’t say there is nothing to lose we could be bottom this time next week so the pressure is well and truly on for us and not so much for Wolves, they lose then fair enough, we lose and all he’ll breaks loose.

P*ssed me off big style when he was chosen yesterday. He's f*cking wank and his fastest speed is dead slow. If I was one of the bairns over there I'd be knocking on Colemans door and DEMANDING a game or to be transferred.

Gibson was supposed to be on the bench... McNair was injured in the warm-up and so Gibson came on. Galloway taking his place on the bench. When BO was injured Galloway came on.

We are cursed I tell you... where is the wise gypsy woman to dispel the jinx ?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 5:34 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:

Gibson was supposed to be on the bench... McNair was injured in the warm-up and so Gibson came on. Galloway taking his place on the bench. When BO was injured Galloway came on.

Jerryyyyy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-05, 5:52 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:

Yea I was aware that Paddy got injured in the warm up but ffs pick anybody inc Rodders ahead of Gibbo.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 8:59 pm

Coleman goes into Saturdays game knowing that if he sticks with the tried and tested then we will probably lose badly.

He also knows that losing would be no surprise so change for this game would at least let him see options.

In goal I think Steele will come in, he has seen Ruiter play but not Steele and Ruiter has been at fault.

A back three would not surprise me and a new midfield so

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
MATTHEWS                                                GALLOWAY
HONEYMAN  CATTERMOLE GOOCH  ASORO
GRABBAN

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-05, 9:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Coleman goes into Saturdays game knowing that if he sticks with the tried and tested then we will probably lose badly.

He also knows that losing would be no surprise so change for this game would at least let him see options.

In goal I think Steele will come in, he has seen Ruiter play but not Steele and Ruiter has been at fault.

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
GRABBAN
So effectively a back 5 then?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 10:03 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Coleman goes into Saturdays game knowing that if he sticks with the tried and tested then we will probably lose badly.

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
GRABBAN
I would against Wolves

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-12-05, 10:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
GRABBAN
I would against Wolves
Aye so would I.
Thing is, can those full backs push forward?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-05, 11:58 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
GRABBAN
I would against Wolves
Aye so would I.
Thing is, can those full backs push forward?
Yes both can, defending mind could be another matter

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-06, 8:32 am

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
GRABBAN

Galloway Question
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-06, 8:39 am

sunderpitt wrote:

STEELE
BROWNING  OSHEA  WILSON
GRABBAN

Galloway Question
Yes Sunders, Galloway.

Oviedo is out so it's Galloway or Love and Galloway is better going forward, past bad games are the past.

The game plan, IMO, will be to defend in strength and use pace to try and get a goal.

We all know that defending in strength and Sunderland dont go together but Cookie has what he has so an extra CB is his only real option with two attacking full backs helping out, Galloway and Mathews are the best we have available.

Honeyman, Gooch and Asoro provide pace and energy and it was either Catts or Gibson, hobson's choice.

But Sunders rather than just saying, "Galloway", be constructive, give me your team?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-07, 4:06 pm

@SkySports_Keith
Bryan Oviedo will miss 2-3 weeks with a knee injury and Paddy McNair out for Saturday. Chris Coleman admits Sunderland are down to the bare bones #SAFC

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-08, 12:33 pm

Watch this space ......
Following the snowfall in the early hours, and continued forecast for more snow today and also overnight, Wolves can confirm that they will be doing everything possible with the aim that tomorrow’s game against Sunderland (kick off 3pm) can still go ahead.
Staff and fan volunteers will be working to clear the stadium and ensure that it is a safe environment for what is expected to be a large crowd due at Molineux tomorrow.

At this stage, advice to fans is to start making plans to arrive as early as possible ahead of the game as the inclement weather will disrupt travel plans and will increase congestion around the stadium. All the normal road closures will be in place
Please also keep in touch with our official website, social media channels and the local media, where further updates will be posted with any new information.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-08, 5:53 pm

Game to be called off imo.

Not safe for fans to travel or be safe in ground.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-08, 6:23 pm

Sunderland must take control of their own destiny and shun any fear regarding the challenges ahead.
Chris Coleman’s message was loud and clear ahead of Saturday’s trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers, with the Welshman telling his players that just because everything sometimes isn’t enough, it’s not an excuse not to give it.
The Sunderland manager admits Wolves look like the ‘real deal’ after watching Nuno Espírito Santo guide his side to top spot in the Sky Bet Championship, and ten points clear of the pack chasing automatic promotion.
But Coleman is simply looking at the match-up as the latest challenge, urging his players to rise up and meet it head on with their chests puffed out.
"It’s a good set-up, a big club,” said the Sunderland manager.
There was a lot said when they spent as much money as they did but they’re walking their talk, they’re top of the league.”
He continued: "They look like the real deal and they will be playing with a lot of confidence, so it’s a huge challenge for us and that’s how we have to look at it.
"We’re down to our bare bones injury wise but it’ll be a great atmosphere, big crowd and we’re up against probably the best team in the league at the moment.
“If you don’t look forward to this type of challenge you shouldn’t play football and you shouldn’t be involved, because they come along and it’s the best feeling in the world when you meet it.
“You know you aren’t guaranteed anything but when you meet it, it’s a great feeling, and that’s’ where people fail a lot because they’re afraid to max out and come up short.
“We have to stay positive because who else is going to change our situation, you guys can’t do it, Wolves can’t, it’s only us, so we have to get on with it and we’re in charge of our own destiny.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-08, 6:27 pm

Derek Dougan
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-09, 9:09 am

Well it's match day and as always I am looking forward to the game.

We will be heavily backed to be hammered and that's understandable, second off bottom doing badly against the divisions run away leaders.

3 points to Sunderland it is then...

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-09, 9:16 am

Wouldn’t surprise me mate it’ll be a typical Sunderland performance either way, ie. get hammered or nick the win.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-09, 11:42 am

Sunderland's game at Wolverhampton Wanderers is set to go ahead today despite heavy snowfall in the West Midlands. The club said yesterday that staff and volunteers would be working to clear Molineux following the period of bad weather on Friday. But officials say the game is now set to go ahead, with kick-off at 3pm. About 1,500 Black Cats fans are expected to make the journey to the game. A statement on the Wolves website read: "As things stand, this afternoon’s game against Sunderland at Molineux (3pm) will go ahead as planned. "A small and dedicated team of Wolves staff has been working on treating the stadium and pitch into the early hours and then back again this morning to make the area as safe as possible for the large crowd expected this afternoon. "The City of Wolverhampton Council has also been working on the immediate routes into Molineux. "Supporters are however advised to allow longer than normal for their journeys to Molineux, and to take care enroute and inside the stadium. "All the usual road closures will be in place around the stadium at the usual times. "We would like to wish all supporters a safe trip to Molineux, particularly those Wolves fans travelling long distances and those among the 1,500 Sunderland fans making the trip from Wearside. "Please keep an eye on Wolves’ official website and social media channels where further updates will be provided should anything change."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-09, 12:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland's game at Wolverhampton Wanderers is set to go ahead today despite heavy snowfall in the West Midlands. The club said yesterday that staff and volunteers would be working to clear Molineux following the period of bad weather on Friday. But officials say the game is now set to go ahead, with kick-off at 3pm. About 1,500 Black Cats fans are expected to make the journey to the game. A statement on the Wolves website read: "As things stand, this afternoon’s game against Sunderland at Molineux (3pm) will go ahead as planned. "A small and dedicated team of Wolves staff has been working on treating the stadium and pitch into the early hours and then back again this morning to make the area as safe as possible for the large crowd expected this afternoon. "The City of Wolverhampton Council has also been working on the immediate routes into Molineux. "Supporters are however advised to allow longer than normal for their journeys to Molineux, and to take care enroute and inside the stadium. "All the usual road closures will be in place around the stadium at the usual times. "We would like to wish all supporters a safe trip to Molineux, particularly those Wolves fans travelling long distances and those among the 1,500 Sunderland fans making the trip from Wearside. "Please keep an eye on Wolves’ official website and social media channels where further updates will be provided should anything change."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Billy Wright
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-09, 2:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum