SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Tonights team
Today at 7:53 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 4:53 am by Nostalgic

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 2:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Reality check for Chris Coleman with mass walkout on his home Sunderland debut

Go down

Reality check for Chris Coleman with mass walkout on his home Sunderland debut

Post  Silvers on 2017-12-03, 1:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

THE MAG !

Sunderland fans in mass desertion as Chris Coleman takes Mackems to within one game of entire season without a home win.

Chris Coleman got a real reality check on Saturday afternoon.
The new Sunderland boss was taking charge of them at home for the first time and was met by a half empty Stadium of Light.
A dismal performance against fellow strugglers Reading saw Sunderland dominated by the visitors.

A senseless red card for Callum McManaman (who assaulted Massadio Haidara in that infamous Wigan v Newcastle match) on the stroke of half-time, was quickly followed by three early second-half goals. The Stadium of Light rapidly emptying despite half the second half remaining.
Loan striker Lewis Grabban got a late consolation goal but the only real consolation for them was that Sunderland didn’t return to the very bottom of the Championship.
Having beat Burton last week with late goals, the Mackems were once again indebted to their fellow strugglers as Burton conceded a late goal at Derby, which keeps Sunderland second off the bottom on goal difference.

The Mackems face league leaders Wolves away in their next game, before a home date with Fulham.
Sunderland have already smashed all kinds of records with their never-ending failure to win a home match and when they play Fulham on 16 December, it will be their very final chance to avoid the remarkable record of going a whole season without seeing a home win.
Good luck Chris Coleman – you can do it!

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Reality check for Chris Coleman with mass walkout on his home Sunderland debut

Post  Silvers on 2017-12-03, 1:07 am

.....  and we long -suffering fans   continue to suffer....

Somehow we need to keep in touch at the bottom and not be cast adrift...

Wolves game is now HUGE for both teams...

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Reality check for Chris Coleman with mass walkout on his home Sunderland debut

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-03, 6:56 am

Well we are in the records book... not for something to be proud about unfortunately 

The Cookie effect did not last long... the sending off and more poor defending saw to that 

It could get worse before it gets better

At least the arse v manure was worth watching, unlike us
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-03, 7:52 am

Good morning everyone.
During my time I have seen some bad displays but the first 45 minutes yesterday saw me with dropped jaw and total bewilderment,

Reading passed the ball along their back 4 and we stood and watched, at that stage 0-0 looked a certainty because neither team wanted to attack.

The second half was for me an irrelevance, it was all about how many Reading would score.

The mass walk out for me was and is an embarrassment but it has now become the norm.

Bad points.
Lack of any effort, attack, pressing or desire, I'm sure Cookie will share my frustration.
McCready, totally ineffective.
Mcmanaman, what on earth was he thin king of.

Good points(yes there were some)
The energy, desire and effort came from three players, Honeyman. Gooch,Asoro, message there may be.

We knew Cookie had a big job on and yesterday just confirmed it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-12-03, 8:45 am

I had a season ticket for sunderland for many years until 2012
I have since then been able picked my games to attend through various reasons 
I now have a season card and look forward to my match day 
However I really can’t remember the last time I saw them win at the sol 
I think it maybe the days of sess and maybe even kenwyn Jones 
Yeh seen plenty goals but no 3 points 
Edit 
Or even further back 
Truly can’t remember
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-03, 9:27 am

Only reason I stayed to the end was getting picked up so no point hanging around in the cold, would people rather the ones that left stayed and started giving the team stick creating the infamous toxic atmosphere or just left quietly? we were dire yesterday all over the pitch so there can be no excuses from anyone. Yes we have a few injuries so does everyone else we have suspensions so does everyone else. Coleman needs to sort it ASAP or it will be a long hard winter for us. I’m guessing Coleman’s first assessment of the squad is shot now, we are not a mid table team, we are not even lower half, we could just survive this season and, again it will be down to other teams failures rather than our play, tactics and work rate.
My last game this year will go again in January but, will Coleman still be there? We all know that some of our fans want success now and not tomorrow as does Short.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-12-03, 9:44 am

I'll be honest I walked out as the3rd goal went in. I left because I could not watch my team getting torn apart by a distinctly average team. 

I was also p*ssed off that Coleman decided to play Gibson after McNair getting injured in the warm up.  Any team coming up here must see Catts n Gibson and know they are going home with 3 points. One gets booked and then cannot tackle for the rest of the game and the other, pinching a Rowan Atkinson line here  'is slower than an asthmatic ant carrying 2 heavy bags of shopping'. ffs put the bairns in it is impossible to be worse.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-12-03, 10:17 am

I was out all day and only caught the last few minutes on radio in car on our way home, but sounds like I missed nothing. 

Yes we have lots of injuries and a lack of quality, so of course it is difficult, but Macmanaman also added to the problem by his stupidity and should be fined 2 weeks wages for being sent off.

And McGeady is now doing what he always does. He has a few great games to get fans all excited and then he stops. He just loses form and disappears for some unknown reason (one that I can guess at mind, perhaps too much pint ) There is a reason he was cheap and this is it.

Only positives it seems were, as Syd says earlier, Gooch, Honeyman and Asoro's energy and desire. Hopefully Chris will have seen that and decide to build on it because as Gil says playing Gibson and Cattermole together is like handing the opposition a walkover. I have always been a Catts fan, but from what little I have seen this season, he is not up to it any more. Whether it is all the injuries, or the drinking, I don't know but even given all our injuries and suspensions, he should be a sub at best, these days.

Still it is a nice sunny day, a bit warmer and hardly any wind, so I am going out for a nice walk to get over this fluey thing I have had for last few days and to forget about football for a while Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-12-03, 10:29 am

talcnturnip wrote:Only reason I stayed to the end was getting picked up so no point hanging around in the cold, would people rather the ones that left stayed and started giving the team stick creating the infamous toxic atmosphere or just left quietly? we were dire yesterday all over the pitch so there can be no excuses from anyone. Yes we have a few injuries so does everyone else we have suspensions so does everyone else. Coleman needs to sort it ASAP or it will be a long hard winter for us. I’m guessing Coleman’s first assessment of the squad is shot now, we are not a mid table team, we are not even lower half, we could just survive this season and, again it will be down to other teams failures rather than our play, tactics and work rate.
My last game this year will go again in January but, will Coleman still be there? We all know that some of our fans want success now and not tomorrow as does Short.
Good question and honest and maybe unpopular answer.

The only real positive was the endeavour shown when Asoro and Gooch joined Honeyman. By the the game was lost but it would have been nice, IMO, if the fans had stayed and given encouragement to our future.

Many fans seemed only to quick to point out the bad but slow at encouraging the good.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-12-03, 10:50 am

Thought Asoro was good when he came on mate the only high point of a very low game.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-12-03, 10:51 am

I dont envy the Coal Man his job.

Bottom line.... the squad is simply not good enough.
The table indicates that performances are not just a hiccup. A year without a home win....
Unbelievable... it really is.

Looking like 3 from bottom 4 to go down.
Imperative to get results when we meet Brum..

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-12-03, 2:04 pm

A couple of years of austerity... selling off the better players and bringing in dross has brought us to a very low point.

Personally atm I cannot see a way out
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum